• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Interesting with this new pricing, I am now considering selling my 2022 Lightning with the increased resale value and get a Mustang Mach E to replace it.

My wife's 2022 MME is still on order and price protected w/ Ford Options 2.74% + $2000 cash incentives. $47K is a lot better than $79K I paid for the Lightning.

I might have to "hijack" my wife's MME and have her order a MY'23 MME since her current car is fine...
Problem is you won’t get good money for trade in, especially here in California. But let me know if you find a dealer giving out good cash for trade in lol
Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Yes. and that only applies if the dealer took title. If it was a demo/non-titled vehicle it's still eligible for the tax credit.
Are there any advantages in any states to a dealer actually taking title?

I can't say that I've ever heard of a vehicle in Illinois being titled to a dealer. I've even seen DL plates on parts trucks and service loaners, and I think they're still sellable inventory.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
There are some articles that are finally digesting it.

There are some limitations that take effect as soon as the Department of Transportation issues its guidance, due end of 2022...

See "It's Possible No Electric Vehicles Will Qualify for the New Tax Credit":
https://arstechnica.com/cars/2022/0...vehicles-will-qualify-for-the-new-tax-credit/

The text of the bill makes income levels, MSRP levels, etc., all take effect as of Jan 1, but I think the manufacturing limits take effect immediately upon guidance publication.

Lots of people trying to interpret the law and get their own articles out and we've seen plenty of sources get it wrong so far, so your mileage may still vary.

I don't think anyone knows.

To throw more uncertainty into the mix, I don't think anyone knows whether the Lightning will meet the battery content portion of the qualifications. (Where are the materials in the battery coming from?)

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Is it my screen or is the lariat on the build and price coming with the Platinum “Vader black” grille now?

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
Honestly regardless of political persuasion this is complete egg on the face of the democrats. With the price thresholds set in the "INFLATION GASOLIONE ON THE FIRE BILL" and the inflation they are causing virtually no vehicles will qualify for their precious EV adoption incentives.

Sponsored

Straight2VHS

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE, 1995 Mustang 5.0
Wow the value of all the 2022 models just went way up!
Glad my ER Lariat arrives this week locking in the original price and full tax credit. Whew, that was cutting it close. Am I also correct that when I go to sell it, the buyer gets to take a $4k tax credit for a used EV purchase?

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Glad my ER Lariat arrives this week locking in the original price and full tax credit. Whew, that was cutting it close. Am I also correct that when I go to sell it, the buyer gets to take a $4k tax credit for a used EV purchase?
No. It has to be 2 years old.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
$8500 + $7500 = price increase of $16000. Gas going down to $2 and L3 charge stations costing 59 cents/kw, these things will have resale value of nissan leaf. im out.
Gas will not go down to $2.

Gas prices are only going down right now as we deplete stockpile supplies that are being injected. Most analysts are calling for a $4.35 gas price average heading into 2023.

And EA stations are costing $0.31 per kWh with a $48 yearly fee even in power-expensive California.

But most people don't charge only at DCFC stations - most charge at home. I pay $0.096 per kWh, and my co-op is talking about introducing a lower overnight rate just for EV charging.

The savings are definitely going to be there.

Last edited:

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I hope all that still qualify sticks with the truck if it works for you. It’s a great truck. I’m looking forward to stacking it against the Silverado EV.

Guess what Chevy will do the same thing . Intro price, then raise rate the following year.

just saying…..
@BeeLightning

Yeah, the Lightning is amazing.
It's bit unwieldy in daily urban use but I am trying to get used to the larger turning radius and parking in tight spots...

Hey, I am also looking forward to the GM EV WT as well.

Reserved mine 3 minutes after launch.

Wondering if GM will still honor the $40K base price ?
Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 Lightning Build and Price is Live .... $5000+ increase in price Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 7.38.17 AM

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
With the price increases, I would like all media who clamored over how you should totally buy the nonexistent $39K Pro to eat shit. Some where doing it just a few days ago.

They need to go back and tell everyone how good a deal the MY22 XLT was and tell everyone to go back in time and buy that one instead of the MY23 Pro. You have almost as good a chance of rewinding time and getting the MY22 XLT than you did the MY22 Pro :)

Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
@BeeLightning

Yeah, the Lightning is amazing.
It's bit unwieldy in daily urban use but I am trying to get used to the larger turning radius and parking in tight spots...

Hey, I am also looking forward to the GM EV WT as well.

Reserved mine 3 minutes after launch.

Wondering if GM will still honor the $40K base price ?
Screen Shot 2022-08-09 at 7.38.17 AM.png

Everyone priced their $40K truck on the $40K CyberTruck which is vaporware (not the price point, the Truck ) . Everyone got scared of Tesla's ambitions. Ford got stuck in a hard place when they released pricing and instead of the supply chains and everything gettting better, shit continued to hit the fan (more covid, more wars...)

Also note that GM's $40K base truck isn't out til Summer 2024 ... still 2 years away from Today. Plenty of time for prices to smooth out again Industry wide and likely Intime for Ford to reveal the next generation F150L.

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't think anyone knows.

To throw more uncertainty into the mix, I don't think anyone knows whether the Lightning will meet the battery content portion of the qualifications. (Where are the materials in the battery coming from?)
SK IE Technologies supplies materials to SK Innovation... I couldn't find a lot of information, but SKIET has primary facilities in Korea, China, and Poland. Based on rough ratios, it appears China/Korea/Poland on a rough 7/5/3 ratio. But that may be modified if Ford had specific requirements for SK to use specific plants to produce the materials.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
SK IE Technologies supplies materials to SK Innovation... I couldn't find a lot of information, but SKIET has primary facilities in Korea, China, and Poland. Based on rough ratios, it appears China/Korea/Poland on a rough 7/5/3 ratio. But that may be modified if Ford had specific requirements for SK to use specific plants to produce the materials.
My guess is Ford doesn't think it's gonna meet the foreign materials part of the tax credit so they had no constraints on trying to stay at $80k anymore on the Extended Range. Ford figured they might as well go for broke..

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
It looked like the SR Lariat still qualified too, depending on options selected.
Yea I configured a Lariat SR with Max Trailer, Tow Tech, Bluecruise, and a spray in bedliner for 79,109 just eeking in under the tax credit limit.

Still looking like attempting for a Pro in sept when waves open for new 2023 MY orders. Plus aftermarket addons for running boards and heated/cooled seats coming in for ~$10K less than a XLT with similar features.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Either a mistake or intentionally priced to make people order the XLT SR.

This new pricing shows that Ford is saying you can get the credit if you order the Pro or XLT SR only.

All other trims & batteries are for the "wealthy" folks who don't care about the tax credit.
Ford probably figured that they are out of the running for the new credit anyway, and took it out of consideration. Also their competition in the EV truck segment (Hummer, Rivian) are even more out of the running for the credit, so why not.
Sponsored