• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
Sure hoping I do! I extended for an XLT in Wave 4 (didn't know it mattered or I would have said Pro). Not sure what I will do if both Pro and XLT are available to me... but I am leaning toward the XLT today.

Similar for me - I am top of my dealer's list, but wasn't extended an order opportunity earlier this year. If I get an opportunity and Pro is available, that's what I'll get - basic commuter and weekend home projects hauler.

GLTA. 🍀
Sponsored

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
You deserve an XLT. Treat yo self (sincerely all PRO hopefuls 🤣).
I got to order last week and decided to do the XLT to be a "Nice" guy...so there ya go Rando..LOL

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
Any details on when 2023 orders will start for those that were not extended from 22? Also any chance on us getting private offers likely the 22 carry overs? I reserved 5/19 during the announcement and am finding the price increase hard to understand when people that reserved after me got to order and get the original pricing.
Tim at Long McArthur said recently that Wave 2 invites will be for those who extended their reservation to order a XLT. It sounded like Wave 3 would be any who were invited in Wave 7 and didn't get a chance to order. Long story short, you will be lucky to get an invitation in September if you weren't in any of the waves for 2022.

I have only heard of the price protection for those who ordered and were pushed into 2023 or who extended their reservation in a prior wave. As frustrating as it is, those of us who weren't invited in the prior waves will not have price protection. (Misery loves company so take a little solace in that I'm in the same boat you are having reserved about 10 hours after the reveal.) Sorry I didn't have any good news for you either.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Tim at Long McArthur said recently that Wave 2 invites will be for those who extended their reservation to order a XLT. It sounded like Wave 3 would be any who were invited in Wave 7 and didn't get a chance to order. Long story short, you will be lucky to get an invitation in September if you weren't in any of the waves for 2022.

I have only heard of the price protection for those who ordered and were pushed into 2023 or who extended their reservation in a prior wave. As frustrating as it is, those of us who weren't invited in the prior waves will not have price protection. (Misery loves company so take a little solace in that I'm in the same boat you are having reserved about 10 hours after the reveal.) Sorry I didn't have any good news for you either.
From my understanding Wave 7 was dealer selected customers not an "official" wave if they picked you and you didn't get what was available you don't get price protection or get placed in wave 3 for MY23. Why do you think peoples odds of getting invites in September are so low? They start building out MY23 in October and aren't building Pros till next fall supposedly. They need an order pool to pull from at some point.

Sponsored

JustB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
From my understanding Wave 7 was dealer selected customers not an "official" wave if they picked you and you didn't get what was available you don't get price protection or get placed in wave 3 for MY23. Why do you think peoples odds of getting invites in September are so low? They start building out MY23 in October and aren't building Pros till next fall supposedly. They need an order pool to pull from at some point.
I was in wave 7 for MY22 and extended my reservation for a pro. I was then invited in wave 1 for MY2023 and got the pop-up screen for price protection when I ordered.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I was in wave 7 for MY22 and extended my reservation for a pro. I was then invited in wave 1 for MY2023 and got the pop-up screen for price protection when I ordered.
Seems like Ford dropped ball again on reservations. Wave 7 the dealers got to select who got to convert to an order and you got to extend and get Wave 1 order congrats to you on that a win. It's like rivian having reservation holders wait for their trucks to be built out only for YouTubers and other influencers to jump the line and get the vehicle holding a reservation for a couple months over people that had it for years on "abandoned" orders

JustB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Seems like Ford dropped ball again on reservations. Wave 7 the dealers got to select who got to convert to an order and you got to extend and get Wave 1 order congrats to you on that a win. It's like rivian having reservation holders wait for their trucks to be built out only for YouTubers and other influencers to jump the line and get the vehicle holding a reservation for a couple months over people that had it for years on "abandoned" orders
I don't really get it either. Prior to ordering, the only time I've spoken to anyone at that dealership was to ask if they charge ADM, so I'm not sure why I'd be prioritized, unless I was at the top of the list at that particular dealer.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Not 100% accurate.. In wave 7 the dealer offered up trim allocations issued to them by Ford-- my dealer had a few Lariat ERs and 2 Lariat SRs. If I wanted any other configuration I wouldn't get an invite and since I didn't officially "defer" I wouldn't jump the line. So it was a use/lose situation.

(Dislaimer: I did take one of the Lariat allocations)

You're correct that a dealer *should* have gone down the list from first reservation to last and offer the additional allocation. Some did this, some didn't. Some people got lucky because they simply answered the phone. I personally someone on the list who ignored a phone call from the dealer because he thought it was spam. By the time he called them back, the dealer had gone down the list in order and had filled all the other allocations.

In the other waves(not wave 7) the customers orders drove allocations, in wave 7 the allocations drove the customers. This is a by product of assembly line production. Rivian is trying to stay true to first in-first out and customization which is why they are having all sorts of difficulty scaling.

It is what it is..for bad or worse. I know its little comfort, but the alternative to Ford's method(and rapid increase) is a fairer process, but far fewer units going out the door.

Sorry for the brutal assessment. My sense/expectation of what is fair or not went out the window after a deployment to Iraq where I saw a bunch of shit that wasn't fair..or right.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I don't really get it either. Prior to ordering, the only time I've spoken to anyone at that dealership was to ask if they charge ADM, so I'm not sure why I'd be prioritized, unless I was at the top of the list at that particular dealer.

Some dealers don't get it. Some don't want to get it.

My first dealer ducked my phone calls and refused to talk with me when I showed up unannounced at the dealership. Yeah, I changed my reservation and dropped the old dealer like a rock. Their loss.

If a dealer isn't willing to communicate with you and work with you(put forth any effort in the process) then that is a red flag you should change your reservation to another dealer...
Sponsored