• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ?

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
Has anyone heard when the next order wave will open?
In MY 22 it was every other Thursday, but this last Wave 3 came out on Wednesday 9/7 and we have until Sept 30 to place an order or lose our reservation, so it's possible wave 3 was large and they're giving it extra time?? If that's the case then possibly beginning of October, or it could be next Thursday 9/22? Cleas as mud LOL.
Sponsored

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
So I ordered last Wed and am still waiting on the dealer to accept my order. I did call them the following day and they said they just have to "press a button" and it "may take a few days" to show up, but from what I read on here it looks like it can be accepted in as little as 20 minutes, and it's nearly a week already.

Should I be concerned? What reason would they have for not accepting it. Does this delay it in getting scheduled?

JPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Rebar Detailer/Estimator
So I ordered last Wed and am still waiting on the dealer to accept my order. I did call them the following day and they said they just have to "press a button" and it "may take a few days" to show up, but from what I read on here it looks like it can be accepted in as little as 20 minutes, and it's nearly a week already.

Should I be concerned? What reason would they have for not accepting it. Does this delay it in getting scheduled?
I placed my order on Sunday and it was accepted and showed on my Ford.com page that it was accepted by my the dealer within 30 minutes of me placing the order and emailing my dealer about it.

Ps. I just realized I need a new screen name JLariat LOL No Pro for you!

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition

I think the simple explanation is that your dealer sucks. I placed the the order within 2 hours of Ford's email. It was accepted abot 30 minutes later, and quickly followed by an email and a phone call from the salesman.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
Curious to know, out of the 80K Lightnings that will be produced for the 23MY how many are going to be non-fleet Pros and XLT? Since the Pro was sold out in Wave #1 I can't imagine that they are producing any more than 3K to 5K Pros total for the 23MY. XLT sold out at the beginning of Wave #3, so maybe 7K XLTs? So you are looking at about 10K production total for the Pro and XLT out of 80K for MY23. That is less than 13% of the "affordable" trims. Wake up and smell to coffee people. This is nothing more than the classic "bait and switch". Promote the hell out of an affordable EV truck starting at $40K, get the press and the President to market it for you. Then only produce a very small amount and force buyer to pay for the high trim levels!
I can’t tell you why this happened I paid nothing extra to my dealer and my dealer sells at MSRP. My wife bought an Explorer there in 2019 but that’s it. I put my reservation in 11/15/21, I got an invite to order 4/19/22. Only Lariat and Platinum were available so I extended for a Pro. 8/11/22 I received another invite to order but MY23, I ordered a Pro with tow tech and 9.6. I assumed I was paying MY23 pricing, was told a private offer is available on my order for $7000. Unfortunately it seems reservation time has little to do with order invites.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I can’t tell you why this happened I paid nothing extra to my dealer and my dealer sells at MSRP. My wife bought an Explorer there in 2019 but that’s it. I put my reservation in 11/15/21, I got an invite to order 4/19/22. Only Lariat and Platinum were available so I extended for a Pro. 8/11/22 I received another invite to order but MY23, I ordered a Pro with tow tech and 9.6. I assumed I was paying MY23 pricing, was told a private offer is available on my order for $7000. Unfortunately it seems reservation time has little to do with order invites.
You got a priority slot from your dealer and jumped the line.

Timestamps do matter at each dealer.

EvEddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Ligthning
When I did my lariat build I selected the two tow packages - further down it had assist 360 for trailer pro and it was a zero cost option vs $2200 for the other. My order shows the price etc. The dealer is double checking my order but is now listing the $2200 for 360.

It seemed it was free because half the stuff was already in the tow packages and the list didnt iphone key feature.

Do I now need to remove this? if i keep it it tips me over to $81k

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
When I did my lariat build I selected the two tow packages - further down it had assist 360 for trailer pro and it was a zero cost option vs $2200 for the other. My order shows the price etc. The dealer is double checking my order but is now listing the $2200 for 360.

It seemed it was free because half the stuff was already in the tow packages and the list didnt iphone key feature.

Do I now need to remove this? if i keep it it tips me over to $81k
Yes, I’d you don’t want the $2200 charge, it needs to be removed.

EvEddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Ligthning
Well I should have submitted my XLT last night. Dealer got back today that deposit is refundable so I ordered the larriat @ 79k - we shall see.
My dealer said they could push till spring summer but just sent me the vin! lariats getting scheduled at lightning (pun intended) speed.

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors

Sponsored

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
12-3pm is gonna be a nail biter for me today.... I'm somewhere between 4th and 6th (6th at the most) at my dealership due to possible cancellations via my sales guy
I received and email from Ford yesterday with the title "Your Journey Starts here" Its also said "Welcome to the inside track" It also said we're existed as you are about the Ford Ranger and Lightning, we will be in touch soon with more information.

Has anyone else received this email ???

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
completed my order on 9/30. Lariat ER. No options initially, can always add till the truck is scheduled for production.

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
So now that 9/30 is past, hoping to see if my XLT SR gets scheduled this year. 🤞😎

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
Has anyone had their 2023 orders have their heated steering wheel, heated seats, and heated mirrors are being deleted ?

Is this for real ?
That sucks! What does that do to the EPA rating?