• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ?

OP
OP
metroshot

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Nope, Ford is done with extensions. They stated either you order when it's your time, or you lose your reservation (and get your $100 refunded).

So all these early reservations are going to have their reservations cancelled and potentially some of the really late people to reserve are going to have a chance at a Pro or XLT in MY24.

I bet Ford is actually trying to clear out the reservations by doing this while maximizing profit for 2023. They will easily meet the rest of their allocation with the remaining reservations ordering Lariats/Platinums.
Wow, that's a shift that Ford is making people decide to take an available trim with those who expected to extend their reservations for a 2023 XLT or Pro.

Guess we 2022 order invitees were lucky to be able to get an extended reservation but no more!
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Wow, that's a shift that Ford is making people decide to take an available trim with those who expected to extend their reservations for a 2023 XLT or Pro.

Guess we 2022 order invitees were lucky to be able to get an extended reservation but no more!
Yeah, I genuinely feel bad for Day 1 reservations that Ford has screwed.

I'm also a Day 1 reservation holder and feel beyond fortunate to have ordered a MY23 Pro with the $7,000 price protection. Couple that with the federal tax rebate, and my state's $7,500 POS credit and I'm getting $22k of the sale price of my MY23 Pro. Not to mention my dealer is adding $0 ADM.

I totally get that I got a Golden Ticket, but I'm not a cut-throat guy...I wish everyone on here could get exactly what they want/are expecting. Ford must be assuming that the demand is so high, they don't care if they lose potential customers.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Yeah, I genuinely feel bad for Day 1 reservations that Ford has screwed.

I'm also a Day 1 reservation holder and feel beyond fortunate to have ordered a MY23 Pro with the $7,000 price protection. Couple that with the federal tax rebate, and my state's $7,500 POS credit and I'm getting $22k of the sale price of my MY23 Pro. Not to mention my dealer is adding $0 ADM.

I totally get that I got a Golden Ticket, but I'm not a cut-throat guy...I wish everyone on here could get exactly what they want/are expecting. Ford must be assuming that the demand is so high, they don't care if they lose potential customers.

I know I'm gonna get blasted for this and I am not excusing Ford here....but I think the Pro is such an amazing crazy value that Ford would not be able to make much of a profit at all if they sold a substantial number of Pro vs XLTs, lariats, etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they LOST money on the PRO versions of this truck.

I mean look at the EV marketplace. What other EVs are available for $40k(now $47k)? Leaf, Bolt, etc. NOTHING close to size and scope of an f150. Nothing with 400hp+. Not even close. Its just where the EV market is. I think its bonkers they could even offer it so low priced in the first place.

I get that no one wants to spend a lot of money and I think that trucks(ICE) are overpriced across the board. In the end as much as it pains me to say, the $80k EV pickup is on par with how expensive our world is these days. (Last time I looked the Lighting was only about $10k more than a comparable Powerboost hybrid).

I do wish Ford was realistic and transparent with the pricing. I do feel they reeled people in with the thought of a $40k truck that was pretty unrealistic in large numbers from Day 1.

bobinmi

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
retired
What I have a problem with...is I placed a reservation within a couple of hours on DAY 1...basically, have heard "nothing" from my dealer...I did inquire a few months ago, they said "Pro and XLT" are sold out...I may be able to get you a lariat at 67k...I said I would wait...then last night, I get an email, and within 12 hours of the email...No Pro or XLT and only Lariat or Platinum available...then If "I don't take one of them at almost 80-100k..." I "lose my reservation"???????? I mean, sounds like plain ole horse shit to me...

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
What I have a problem with...is I placed a reservation within a couple of hours on DAY 1...basically, have heard "nothing" from my dealer...I did inquire a few months ago, they said "Pro and XLT" are sold out...I may be able to get you a lariat at 67k...I said I would wait...then last night, I get an email, and within 12 hours of the email...No Pro or XLT and only Lariat or Platinum available...then If "I don't take one of them at almost 80-100k..." I "lose my reservation"???????? I mean, sounds like plain ole horse shit to me...
A large portion of that problem sounds like a shitty dealer, tbh.

The dealer should care enough to at least talk with you every few months to pass along info and let you know where you stand. This whole process is really separating good dealers and really bad dealers. Its a huge litmus test...

But you are correct. on the trim part-- to offer up that people can extend for a PRO and then snatch it away is crappy. Just be straight from day 1..say we will have 5000(or 1000) pro models available...first come, first served and be done with it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RickE

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
My dealer called me within 5 minutes of placing the order. In the conversation he mentioned that they have a Pro demo unit. Maybe give them a call (Chapman Ford of Scottsdale).

Since Pro wasn't available and I thought XLT was a bad value, I went with Lariat SR.
Of all the people that have placed the new orders? Are their dealers adding ADM? If so, how much?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Of all the people that have placed the new orders? Are their dealers adding ADM? If so, how much?
I placed an order 8/11. No ADM. I've also been in contact with my dealer ahead of time and verified the no ADM early on.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
But you are correct. on the trim part-- to offer up that people can extend for a PRO and then snatch it away is crappy. Just be straight from day 1..say we will have 5000(or 1000) pro models available...first come, first served and be done with it.
Ford never stated that extension and price protection was a policy.

They probably offered it for the first run of reservations because the people who ordered MY22 (and extended) were the dealers chosen priority (Ford assumes these are their best customers). Ford doesn't want to piss off their dealers by upsetting their "best" customers. I got lucky, I had never stepped foot in my dealer before I reserved on Day 1.

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
Ordered XLT Avalanche, 9.6 and tow. 64k
I did the same thing. I had a 22 space white 5.0. Loved space white, I hope Avalanche looks close to it (which pics show it should).

hankdough

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L SR | 1991 Bronco
Hi all,

Longtime lurker here. Post #1 to share the dealer accepted my XLT SR order this morning. I was semi-salty about no Pros remaining along with no option to defer the reservation, but now that I'm seeing XLTs are already unavailable, the salt levels have dramatically reduced.

Holy hell, Ford. Way to execute the reservation system in the most haphazard, opaque and dishonest (but highly profitable) manner. I reserved within the first 15 minutes Day 1, FWIW. Hoping the dealer stays true to their "word" on no ADM but will plan to have a signed Buyer's Order once a VIN is confirmed. I defer to anyone's expertise if that's a poor strategy. This is my first new vehicle purchase -- always bought older rigs cash (latest was a '91 Bronco) -- so I'm pretty damn clueless in this arena. Regularly driving a modern vehicle is going to feel exceptionally luxurious, I suspect.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to actually engaging in conversation around here and not obsessively refreshing threads to learn what others have been experiencing with wave orders and such.

**If you've read between the lines, my dealer was worthless over the past 12 months, and I exclusively used this forum to help understand damn near everything Ford was doing. Thank you to everyone**

Sponsored

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I had a feeling this was going to happen with the XLT. Half of me thought the XLT wasn't going to be offered into wave 3. I reserved within the first 10 hours for me it was XLT or nothing the Pro seats, rubber flooring, and crappy steering wheel were a deal breaker after having a 2018 F150 STX.

I feel awful for anyone who logged on this morning to order a XLT or haven't been invited yet. I joined this community for info and to BS on a shared interest. This forum is full of dealership frustrations and reservation heartbreak maybe the light on the other side is near with supply chain issues and they can pump these out.

Ford F-150 Lightning Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ? Screenshot_2022-09-08-12-31-49-47_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I reserved within the first 10 hours for me it was XLT or nothing the Pro seats, rubber flooring, and crappy steering wheel were a deal breaker after having a 2018 F150 STX.
Congrats on ordering your truck!

You got lucky being able to get an XLT before they disappeared. You also might be the only one I've seen on these forums that were XLT or nothing. Very lucky, not many are getting the exact tuck they want.

Seats, flooring, and a regular steering wheel are the concessions Pro buyers had to make. I have a FX4 with leather and enjoy it. Those 3 things (and a couple other minor differences) were not worth roughly $13k extra for me though to buy an XLT over a Pro.

Last edited:

pseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
hopeful lightning
No Pro. No XLT. Not even the ability to be patient and extend reservation to MY24. I'm pretty bummed out.

If the only Lightning option left for reservation holders is a $75k SR Lariat, then I'm just going to get a hybrid F150 instead.

EvEddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Ligthning
Well I should have submitted my XLT last night. Dealer got back today that deposit is refundable so I ordered the larriat @ 79k - we shall see.

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
No Pro. No XLT. Not even the ability to be patient and extend reservation to MY24. I'm pretty bummed out.

If the only Lightning option left for reservation holders is a $75k SR Lariat, then I'm just going to get a hybrid F150 instead.
The hybrid was always the sensible choice. Our 35MPG commuter vehicle just rolled over to 100k miles. Looking in the tracking app we use, we've spent just over $11k on fuel in the life of the vehicle.

The Lightning is a high-performance luxury item. Not a sensible financial decision. It may seem like an EV will save you lots of money, but the reality is the ER battery upgrade alone costs more than fuel for your hybrid F-150 ever will.

If you get the hybrid, go with a lightly used model. You'll have room in the budget for a sports car and still be under $80k.

Yeah, they're nice. Yeah, this is disappointing. But the one you want will be available with 30k miles on it in our budget sometime in late 2024, probably.

(Order it anyway in case you can flip it for a profit on delivery)
Sponsored