• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

MY23 wave 3 invites by reservation date

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
830pm. Doesnt matter, we will get an invite when Ford gets to us.

Ok, that's a fine philosophy. But if you are saying you reserved in the very first minute and you didn't get a 2022 invitation and you still haven't received a 2023 invitation, that sends a totally different signal to this forum. It's hard for people to figure out the relationship between reservation and invitation priority if people are giving false information.
Sponsored

hankdough

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L SR | 1991 Bronco
Original reservation email timestamped 05/19/21 @ 8:15 PM Mountain. Ordered '23 XLT SR this week. In a perfect world, I hoped to make the cut for MY22, but my dealer only had a couple allocations (and ownership changed in 2021, if that matters). I guess they had roughly 30 invites for this wave.

All told, I'm still excited as hell to shovel over money to Ford for a pretty sweet truck. I've hilariously been justifying my purchase by building similar spec'd PowerBoost hybrids and keep arriving in the ballpark MSRP of the Lightning build sans tax credits.

XLT SR Avalanche w/ Tow Tech + Max Tow + Spray-in liner + Step Tailgate = ~$65K

Also, no survey. Invite 9/7 same as everyone else.

Last edited:

Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Sports Track, '01 Corvette, '15 Tesla S
5/20 - just after midnight. Survey Yes. Invite, yes on 9/7 at 5pm.

OP
OP
theblunden

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
Original reservation email timestamped 05/19/21 @ 8:15 PM Mountain. Ordered '23 XLT SR this week. In a perfect world, I hoped to make the cut for MY22, but my dealer only had a couple allocations (and ownership changed in 2021, if that matters). I guess they had roughly 30 invites for this wave.

All told, I'm still excited as hell to shovel over money to Ford for a pretty sweet truck. I've hilariously been justifying my purchase by building similar spec'd PowerBoost hybrids and keep arriving in the ballpark MSRP of the Lightning build sans tax credits.

XLT SR Avalanche w/ Tow Tech + Max Tow + Spray-in liner + Step Tailgate = ~$65K

Also, no survey. Invite 9/7 same as everyone else.
They're going to run out of Avalanche grey everyone is ordering it including myself lol

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Irrelevant since invites aren't tied to reservation dates.
Reservation timestamp is the default sorting mechanism for dealer lines.

Reservation timestamp isn't the ONLY variable, but it absolutely is a major one, on average.

Sponsored

wheelz2000

First Name
Wheelz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost
Occupation
IT
Ok, that's a fine philosophy. But if you are saying you reserved in the very first minute and you didn't get a 2022 invitation and you still haven't received a 2023 invitation, that sends a totally different signal to this forum. It's hard for people to figure out the relationship between reservation and invitation priority if people are giving false information.
I was told by corporate that its based on how many allocations the dealer you chose gets. Not sure how accurate that is, but I have not been contacted. I posted reservation and date info like most other folks on this forum. Simply stating I'm still waiting for an invite since the 1st day. No matter how frustrating this, I'm gonna see it through... Being invited by order of time stamp would have been nice.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I was told by corporate that its based on how many allocations the dealer you chose gets. Not sure how accurate that is, but I have not been contacted. I posted reservation and date info like most other folks on this forum. Simply stating I'm still waiting for an invite since the 1st day. No matter how frustrating this, I'm gonna see it through... Being invited by order of time stamp would have been nice.
This is correct.
Reservation time stamp has little to do with everyone else because your dealer allocation and ZEV status makes or breaks your invite.

Case in point:
Day 2 reservation holder after 30,000 others ahead of me.
Chose a high allocation dealer (50 Lightning allocations) in a ZEV state (CA).
Chosen on wave 6.
Delivered July 2022.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
My understanding is if you were moved in MY22 that order at that dealer still stands as far as priority goes
Not necessarily. Wave 7 was a whole different animal.

For wave 7 Ford contacted the dealer and said "we are going to give you XX additional Lariat Allocations. We need a list of people (from your list of reservations) to invite by Friday".
(For context my dealer got 7 Lariat allocations...5 Extended Range, 2 Standard range).

It was up to the dealer to decide who would get the invites and to pre screen those reservations and make sure they would accept a Lariat specific invite.

I do not know if Ford told the dealer they had to go in reservation order for the "offers" or if it was even inferred. I would hope that in fairness the dealer would go in order...but I don't think Ford enforced it for wave7 and I'm sure some dealers played favorites or tried to shake people down with ADM "pay to play" scheme.

I know my dealer at least attempted to go in order, but the reality is the people that got the allocations were the filled mostly by the people who answered the phone call. I personally know someone who reserved before I did and did NOT answer the dealers phone call because he thought it was spam. By the time he got back to the dealer all the slots were filled(some by folks further down the line the dealer was able to contact first).

Not saying its fair, but thats the way wave7 went down. With the ZEV state breakdown and Ford pushing Lariat trim(due to the process of assembly line manufacturing) the reservation date is somewhat related..but Ford isn't slowing down to ensure they go in order. (Rivian is trying to do that and we see what a mess that is trying to ensure custom orders keeping people in line)

There is fair bit of just plain ole luck...(or having a way "in")...

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
Not necessarily. Wave 7 was a whole different animal.

For wave 7 Ford contacted the dealer and said "we are going to give you XX additional Lariat Allocations. We need a list of people (from your list of reservations) to invite by Friday".
(For context my dealer got 7 Lariat allocations...5 Extended Range, 2 Standard range).

It was up to the dealer to decide who would get the invites and to pre screen those reservations and make sure they would accept a Lariat specific invite.

I do not know if Ford told the dealer they had to go in reservation order for the "offers" or if it was even inferred. I would hope that in fairness the dealer would go in order...but I don't think Ford enforced it for wave7 and I'm sure some dealers played favorites or tried to shake people down with ADM "pay to play" scheme.

I know my dealer at least attempted to go in order, but the reality is the people that got the allocations were the filled mostly by the people who answered the phone call. I personally know someone who reserved before I did and did NOT answer the dealers phone call because he thought it was spam. By the time he got back to the dealer all the slots were filled(some by folks further down the line the dealer was able to contact first).

Not saying its fair, but thats the way wave7 went down. With the ZEV state breakdown and Ford pushing Lariat trim(due to the process of assembly line manufacturing) the reservation date is somewhat related..but Ford isn't slowing down to ensure they go in order. (Rivian is trying to do that and we see what a mess that is trying to ensure custom orders keeping people in line)

There is fair bit of just plain ole luck...(or having a way "in")...
My dealer went in order. I was 8th in line and they had 7 Lariat ER allocations. One person said no which got me the chance to order

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
This is correct.
Reservation time stamp has little to do with everyone else because your dealer allocation and ZEV status makes or breaks your invite.
If reservation timestamp "has little to do with" when you get to order, then we'd see way more late reservations getting trucks. But, the reality is it's MOSTLY people with reservations within the first few days and very few later reservations. The late ones are frequently because of dealer priority.

And if your dealer has high allocations, they probably also have similarly high reservations (because high sales is how they got high allocation in the first place), so if there are 2x allocations of another dealer, but 2x reservations, then that 's basically a wash.

The ZEV status helps because they get an allocation increase disproportionate to actual sales, so allocation is likely to go up without a similar increase in reservations. So, that is an advantage, BUT none of this means that reservation timestamp "has little to do" with order timing. It's literally the default method for determining the order at the dealer.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
So, that is an advantage, BUT none of this means that reservation timestamp "has little to do" with order timing. It's literally the default method for determining the order at the dealer.
Exactly. The reservation timestamp does matter, especially once the dealer has exhausted their priority list.

Your timestamp at your dealer is important only in comparison to other reservations at your dealer. So if a dealer already had invites processed to people with reservations over the first 2 weeks, it's completely reasonable to understand why someone at a high volume dealer in a ZEV state might get a chance to order (despite reserving 3 weeks after the announcement) vs someone who reserved on Day 1 but is at a low volume dealer in a non-ZEV state.

The reason this is all so convoluted is due to the fact that Ford HAS to continue using the dealer model (currently) and can't sell direct to consumer.

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
They're going to run out of Avalanche grey everyone is ordering it including myself lol
I'm not far from you and ordered Avalanche, as well. It may be possible they will run them first! ;)

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'm not far from you and ordered Avalanche, as well. It may be possible they will run them first! ;)
I'm happy they offered Avalanche this year. I wish there could have been more options instead of an assortment of Grays, muted Blues, Blacks, and Whites. The Red is the only stand-out color. A Green, Orange, or Bright Blue (Atlas) would have been nice for MY23. I originally wanted Iced Blue Silver until I saw it on the Lariat demo at my dealer. I know it's all personal preference but Metallic Baby Powder Blue just isn't what I can see myself driving.

Photon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model S Plaid, 2018 Ford Raptor
Data point for all.

Reserved 9/21, received survey but no invite. I did talk to dealer today and they Said they were receiving customer orders that were no where near the front of the line during Wave 3 and they reached out to Ford to see what is happening and have no heard back.

I do not expect to be able to order one until next year, but have been lurking this forums for awhile.
Sponsored