• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
What if I just want black emblems front and back? I don't need it to light up. What are my options?
You can buy vinyl overlays, take the ones currently on your truck apart and paint them, buy them already painted off eBay or just use Plasti-Dip on them.

I tried vinyl overlays once. I thought they looked cheap. Plasti-Dip is inexpensive, and if you don't like it you can peel it off. No harm, no foul. Painting them yourself is time consuming, but doable. And buying them already painted could be expensive.
Sponsored

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
Another on installed... Super Simple. I did not disassemble as much... just popped off the grill... took it to the bench, did the emblem swap. Hardest part is swapping that cover on the camera washer (I need smaller fingers!). Cloth taped all the wires, and ran inside flex loom. Used F22 fuse.
Works great!

I did use my Dremel and sand out a little arc in the fuse box lid... made room for the wire tap. Snaps shut great now. Reassembled and it looks OEM as can be!

Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. IMG_0428D
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. IMG_0430D
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. IMG_0429D
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. IMG_0432D
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. IMG_0433
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. IMG_0434D
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. IMG_0436D
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. IMG_0437D

White Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 IBSM F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Pharmacist | Pharmacy Owner
What if I just want black emblems front and back? I don't need it to light up. What are my options?
This may be what you're looking for.

I did this for the front of my Carbonized Gray Platinum..Also, love your Matte finish and updates. Looking forward to seeing the wheels!

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...rear-chrome-black-ford-oval-emblem-w-camera-1

Unfortunately the rear only fits the Pro and XLT, but the front looks good.

IMG_0697.jpg

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I used fuse 181, the light just stays on for so long tho, anyone else find a better fuse that doesn't keep the light on for so long?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I used fuse 181, the light just stays on for so long tho, anyone else find a better fuse that doesn't keep the light on for so long?
Reread through this thread...

Sponsored

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I have, and just again. The fuses mentioned, 22, 48, and 181. one is a rear seat fuse, the other some module, and 181 is headlight control. Which s the one I used.181 works fine,it just stays on forever. Unless that’s the way everyone is running them.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have, and just again. The fuses mentioned, 22, 48, and 181. one is a rear seat fuse, the other some module, and 181 is headlight control. Which s the one I used.181 works fine,it just stays on forever. Unless that’s the way everyone is running them.
Sorry I wasn't trying to be sassy...the others in the thread describe how those different fuses work.

Give 22 a go...

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Has anyone noticed radio reception gets almost unusable after this mod? It must be something to do with the way we run the 12 volt near the antenna. I can recreate it every time. And use 181 or 22 fuse same result.

Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Has anyone noticed radio reception gets almost unusable after this mod? It must be something to do with the way we run the 12 volt near the antenna. I can recreate it every time. And use 181 or 22 fuse same result.
This mod was going to be a spring present to myself, I'll be following this closely to see if anyone else has issues. What trim is your Lightning?

ragj1976

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Ok folks.. here is the video of radio reception, with the emblem lit, on fuse F22, then another with the fuse pulled.

And a couple pictures of where its installed, and the ground location

Last edited:

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
Interesting... I swapped to a stubby antenna the same time I was doing this update and the FM reception is not great now. Never even thought to think if it had anything to do with the emblem. Guess I'll unplug and see if that is in fact different. Anyone else do this mod, and have the factory antenna and see a difference in reception quality???

joesrepsol

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Solutions Engineer
Ok folks.. here is the video of radio reception, with the emblem lit, on fuse F22, then another with the fuse pulled.

And a couple pictures of where its installed, and the ground location

WOW, this is amazing... I just pulled the plug and observed the EXACT same difference. Hmmmm... wonder what we can do to resolve this? Does the power cable running from the emblem need to be shielded? Hmmmm. That wire goes right by the antenna for sure. Maybe change the ground location??? sharing the same as the antenna system?

I'm gonna try some crazy foil wrapping that cable just to see if it changes anything.
Sponsored