• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Pro, Matrix, 91 Galant VR4 (for sale)
She’s alive! Someone, somewhere finally accepted my activation attempt. LOL
Swwwwweeet how many miles?!
Sponsored

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

MJDore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Finance
61 miles on the truck?!?!!? What in the world are they doing with them!?!?!
WTF. I don't know. Joy rides, I guess.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Pro tip for those that are waiting. I asked the dealer not to put the front license plate bracket on thinking they may block the vent and I may have to move it later. Didn’t want to end up with two additional holes on the bumper. That was a mistake. The brackets are kinda fool proof and fit the bumper at the right hight perfectly. The worse they can do is not center it well which admittedly would bug the crap out of me but there would not be any functional issues with it.

The Rivets that came with the bracket were one size larger than largest you can do with a typical Home Depot Rivet Gun . It took me a while to macgyver something that should have taken only a minute to do. Just let them do it if your state requires front plates.

Sponsored

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pro tip for those that are waiting. I asked the dealer not to put the front license plate bracket on thinking they may block the vent and I may have to move it later. Didn’t want to end up with two additional holes on the bumper. That was a mistake. The brackets are kinda fool proof and fit the bumper at the right hight perfectly. The worse they can do is not center it well which admittedly would bug the crap out of me but there would not be any functional issues with it.

The Rivets that came with the bracket were one size larger than largest you can do with a typical Home Depot Rivet Gun . It took me a while to macgyver something that should have taken only a minute to do. Just let them do it if your state requires front plates.
hahaha dang!! good points! What about a nicer aftermarket bracket? Can you post a pic of yours please

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
hahaha dang!! good points! What about a nicer aftermarket bracket? Can you post a pic of yours please
I think no matter where you place it, it will ruin the look but I have no doubt you can make it look better than this. If it is not illegal to cover name of the state I may put something gray on top of it to see less of the tag. At this location, you can still hit the Frunk button.

Edit: I should have taken another Photo from the side but you should be able to tell surface behind the bracket is uneven so it is cut to fit. Once you attach it, it is rock solid.

I may just get a duct tape with the right shade of gray to cover top and button of the plate until I find something. It is too much white smack in the middle of the whole thing.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 12/05 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1673302811068

Last edited:

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Congrats on your truck Maxx, But that is a Butt Ugly plate. I'd take it off or move LOL
I quit front plates years ago and it's against the law where I live.

I finally saw a change to my account today....Estimated ship went from 1/6-1/12 to 1/10 to 1/16....
That might not be good....
Cheers,Scott

EdwinT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Congrats on your truck Maxx, But that is a Butt Ugly plate. I'd take it off or move LOL
I am in NJ where they are required. You don’t get harassed without it ?! Or tickets ever ?!

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT

I finally saw a change to my account today....Estimated ship went from 1/6-1/12 to 1/10 to 1/16....
That might not be good....
Cheers,Scott
Quit on front plates but has front plates on profile picture... Lol I had to say it January is looking to be our Month boys.... 20-26 delivery for me LFG

Sponsored

Technoman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 JK//2006 1T Silverado/1970 CJ/2023 Lightning
Occupation
Retired
Hey Chris,
I thought about the plate LOL..damn you that's good. The pic is when I first finished the build for a show 20 years ago !! My Corvettes and all my off-road and hot rod builds I never had a plate on the front. Never had a problem...I'll put on a front plate when they fine me big and make all these Teslas I see put one on theirs too LOL.
Ok ,ready for more 12/05 Action !!

plucas005

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Pro, Tesla MY
My delivery window shows 1/6 - 1/13, but no ETA from my dealer yet. I’ve also asked my dealer not to install the front plate. I purchased this relocation kit that installs on the tow hook. Not a perfect solution but to me it’s better than the high center position, and means no holes in the bumper.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
Everything the others said plus emergency situations. You are far more likely to find an outlet than a charger.
Yep, insurance. Our Tesla cord has never been used, but it gives comfort just in case.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
My delivery window shows 1/6 - 1/13, but no ETA from my dealer yet. I’ve also asked my dealer not to install the front plate. I purchased this relocation kit that installs on the tow hook. Not a perfect solution but to me it’s better than the high center position, and means no holes in the bumper.
I did the same. GA doesn't have a front plate, but when my wife got her Tesla, it had an ugly bracket up front. I don't get it.
Sponsored