• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Pass app no longer communicating with my truck

chickenlives

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
My Ford Pass app is no longer communicating with my truck. It still works as a phone key but does not show me the current charging level or allow me to configure the departure times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the problem persists. My wifes app on her phone is behaving the same way. As of right now, it shows the last update as 19 hours ago.
She has an iphone and I have an Android so I don't think it's the app.
Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
I think its a Fordpass issue. My Fordpass has been down for about a day(24hrs).

I can log in, but it is not communicating with my truck.

My guess is a systemwide Fordpass issue..not a truck issue

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Same here - charging at home and usually the location of the charger is displayed but not today.

Strange - but at least it's charging which I need to do before the huge rainstorm starts today.

May end up having to power the house in the event of a power outage....

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Pass app no longer communicating with my truck IMG_E72E7E5AEA08-1

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Unplug negative terminal on 12v battery and plug back in. Workaround until Ford releases a fix...

Sponsored

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unplug negative terminal on 12v battery and plug back in. Workaround until Ford releases a fix...
I'm not sure what this would accomplish. Functionality of truck seems intact..this seems like an app/web issue to me

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'm not sure what this would accomplish. Functionality of truck seems intact..this seems like an app/web issue to me
Modem in truck is locked up, this cycles the modem power and brings it back up. It's worked for me and countless others while we wait for a Ford fix.

It's up to you, but cycling the negative terminal has worked for almost everyone I've suggested it to.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I think the latest FP version [4.23.1] has several bugs.

Go to the play store / app store and rate & report your concerns, also send a developer contact message with your issues, IMHO this has always been the quickest path to the DEV team in resolving app issues.

If it turns out to be a back end systems issue, they will bounce the reports up to the those folks.

BTW, my report using the above techniques, is to inform them of the failure to toggle PLUG & CHARGE switch from OFF to ON

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think the latest FP version [4.23.1] has several bugs.

Go to the play store / app store and rate & report your concerns, also send a developer contact message with your issues, IMHO this has always been the quickest path to the DEV team in resolving app issues.

If it turns out to be a back end systems issue, they will bounce the reports up to the those folks.

BTW, my report using the above techniques, is to inform them of the failure to toggle PLUG & CHARGE switch from OFF to ON
Fwiw i can't turn on plug n charge in the app either.

I did solve the problem with Fordpass not communicating by going out and starting my truck. It reset everything. I don't know if it was in a deep sleep or what..but fune since i started the truck.

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
My Ford Pass app is no longer communicating with my truck. It still works as a phone key but does not show me the current charging level or allow me to configure the departure times. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the problem persists. My wifes app on her phone is behaving the same way. As of right now, it shows the last update as 19 hours ago.
She has an iphone and I have an Android so I don't think it's the app.
Same with me starting about 9 am Saturday morning. I know it was the app because I have 3 fords and all couldn’t update location /miles ect.
This morning I deleted the app / reinstalled it. Then I deleted my phone in the lightning / reinstalled my phone / set up paak again and had to connect Bluetooth first the. The truck updated and FordPass worked and my other two cars were located correctly

my truck however did charge last night to correct levels even though nothing on the app was showing it was charging ect…

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Same with me starting about 9 am Saturday morning. I know it was the app because I have 3 fords and all couldn’t update location /miles ect.
This morning I deleted the app / reinstalled it. Then I deleted my phone in the lightning / reinstalled my phone / set up paak again and had to connect Bluetooth first the. The truck updated and FordPass worked and my other two cars were located correctly

my truck however did charge last night to correct levels even though nothing on the app was showing it was charging ect…
Next time this happen try:
1-Force stopping the app, then restart the app and test, if that fails,
2-Repeat 1 but add clearing cache, then restart & test, if that fails,
3-Repeat, clear both cache and data, when you restart, you need to re enroll PAAK.

Most of the time 1 & 2 resolve non functionality of FP

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
Next time this happen try:
1-Force stopping the app, then restart the app and test, if that fails,
2-Repeat 1 but add clearing cache, then restart & test, if that fails,
3-Repeat, clear both cache and data, when you restart, you need to re enroll PAAK.

Most of the time 1 & 2 resolve non functionality of FP
appreciate it.
would logging out then logging back in to the app be the same as 1? Or turning off phone then restarting phone ?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
appreciate it.
would logging out then logging back in to the app be the same as 1? Or turning off phone then restarting phone ?
It may, I have only done the log off/on routine a couple of times in lieu of force stop which is so much quicker, I tinker with that next occasion I need to. Likewise with restarting the phone.

Oafy44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 ford lightning
Occupation
Landscape contractor
It may, I have only done the log off/on routine a couple of times in lieu of force stop which is so much quicker, I tinker with that next occasion I need to. Likewise with restarting the phone.
I did both and it didn’t work. How do you do a force stop?

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I did both and it didn’t work. How do you do a force stop?
Have you tried going out and starting your truck? I did that and everything reset my Fordpass after being down for more than a day.
Sponsored