• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FordPass App - No Longer Shows Charging

Jenkins5286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
I haven't been paying much attention to how long this has been going on, but my FordPass app no longer tells me when my truck is plugged in and charging. Also I don't have any of the settings for Departure or Charging. Also no driving or charging history. They all just disappeared from the app.

It might have been when I took it in for 10k service and to knock out some CSPs.

I confirmed in the PlayStore that I am on the latest version of the app (4.31.1). I tried restarting my phone and clearing the cache. I'm hesitant to uninstall and reinstall the app but if that's correct then I'll do it.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Log onto your FORD.COM account, see if the truck is still listed in your account dashboard.
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass App - No Longer Shows Charging 1702652327760

Hopefully you still see it, if so, the data on your mobile device is somehow corrupted.

Hate to say this, but deleting the app and reinstalling might be a quick fix, but you will need to reconfigure your PAAK functionality backup start code.

You could also delete the cache and user data (which I normally tell people to not delete) to avoid messing up PAAK.

OP
OP

Jenkins5286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
Yes it is still there. On the app I can still pull down and refresh to see the % going up when it's charging. I actually tested it by plugging in and it sent me a notification when it hit my target level.

Now I deleted the app and then added it back. Set up my account again and got messages about Blue Cruise and navigation being available. Set up PaaK again.

Just plugged in, no change in the app.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Some additional things to look at:

In the truck, on the Sync settings are you sharing all data?

In the Fordpass app, look at these settings in account:
note I do not have a HIS for backup home power so I turned that feature off.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass App - No Longer Shows Charging 1702690396822
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass App - No Longer Shows Charging 1702690411380

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass App - No Longer Shows Charging 1702690429028
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass App - No Longer Shows Charging 1702690463521

OP
OP

Jenkins5286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
Thanks for trying to troubleshoot with me @TaxmanHog.

My app looks just like that for push notifications.

I saw your post in another thread with a screen shot of your app. Here's all I see.

Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass App - No Longer Shows Charging 1000001741

And here's what I see in the truck
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass App - No Longer Shows Charging 1000001742

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for trying to troubleshoot with me @TaxmanHog.

My app looks just like that for push notifications.

I saw your post in another thread with a screen shot of your app. Here's all I see.

1000001741.png

1000001742.jpg
Seems as though you have the proper settings, I'm puzzled at why some elements are missing.

One thing I know is that the Ford Cloud and Ford Pass have been glitchy this week, I deleted and reinstalled the app, then went through the motions of reconfiguring the bluetooth connections, PAAK settings, etc it's a PIA and I hesitate recommending anyone go through the process again. But as a last resort, you might try that.

Before doing so, sign out of Ford pass, then sign in & see in anything improves.

If no, then wait another day after taking this step.

Note, that lost charging records are gone forever, so you won't see anything until your next charging session, either at home or at a public charger, keep in mind the posting delays, 12+ hours is the norm lately.

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Log onto your FORD.COM account, see if the truck is still listed in your account dashboard.
1702652327760.png

Hopefully you still see it, if so, the data on your mobile device is somehow corrupted.

Hate to say this, but deleting the app and reinstalling might be a quick fix, but you will need to reconfigure your PAAK functionality backup start code.

You could also delete the cache and user data (which I normally tell people to not delete) to avoid messing up PAAK.
On a slightly different issue, I cannot seem to find my trip information such as miles travelled and power used. Is that available?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
On a slightly different issue, I cannot seem to find my trip information such as miles travelled and power used. Is that available?
Trip logs were purposely removed last summer due to lack of accuracy and timely posting, I'm not sure if they are even coming back. Maybe in the next major release of Fordpass?

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Trip logs were purposely removed last summer due to lack of accuracy and timely posting, I'm not sure if they are even coming back. Maybe in the next major release of Fordpass?
IIRC, I've seen you post trip logs. Are these photos from your dashboard display?

The Ford Pass app is quite useless and wonky.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ford F-150 Lightning FordPass App - No Longer Shows Charging 1000001742-
Try flipping the primary setting off, then on and reselect the subordinate settings you're comfortable using, there might be a ghost settings glitch that you'll "undo" with this technique.

Sponsored

rdsatx

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
Make sure you don't have an anti-virus or Firewall app that is blocking access. I've been having the same problem and there was an app called Lockdown that was causing issues with the fordpass app. I turned the firewall app off and now I can see all my charge settings and charge logs.

OP
OP

Jenkins5286

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
This actually randomly started working again yesterday. I don't know if it was updating to the new FordPass app last week for the Supercharger update or what.

Now if only I could get power ups from last summer I'd be set. I know the CSP could be contributing to that.

LionTurtle

First Name
BP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 f150 lightning
Occupation
Electrical Engineer (embedded hardware)
I've recently experienced this same issue, and I'm confident that I found root cause for my situation. Seeing this thread I decided to do an experiment.

I started charging my truck and completely disabled the vehicle connectivity. I added each option one by one. The Ford pass app started showing the charging info again after the share driving data option was enabled. To confirm, I enabled everything that I wanted enabled and then disabled driving data again. The charging info disappeared. Enabled it again and I've had uninterrupted charging info for 5 hours.

I had disabled driving data a month or so ago. Kind of frustrating that the info button doesn't show charging data in the list of data collected.
Sponsored