• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

OP
OP
vandy1981

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Glare-Free Lighting Test - what’s the best way to test this? Do I just need to wait until a drive at night? Or has anyone found something that works consistently? I have the Green A in the headlight icon in my instrument cluster panel and see the Glare-Free Lighting option in my Sync UI, but haven't been able to test if it works yet.

Separately, I noticed in the "easy" mode for APIM there's an option for "Walk Away Lock" - has anyone messed with this yet? It's the number one thing I'm missing from my Mach-E.
You have to be going above 35 mph in order for it to work and it helps if it's in an area without a lot of house lights and street lights. The effect will be really obvious on a two lane road with trees on either side.

I haven't messed with the walk away lock settings. Let us know if you have any success with that.
Sponsored

nauticalx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
Hi, I'm looking to activate the lights on OEM lightning running boards added onto a PRO without tow technology package using the factory pigtail near the rear wheels. Anyone know how to activate this? Thanks!

Learch74

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1 edition
Occupation
Network Engineer
I just set the new circumference and it worked you have to ask the folks at forscan for the beta version. It works in plain language not hex codes.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
Separately, I noticed in the "easy" mode for APIM there's an option for "Walk Away Lock" - has anyone messed with this yet? It's the number one thing I'm missing from my Mach-E.
I think that may require the door handles to be replaced, I assume it is going to be using some proximity sensor for the key... similar to approach unlock.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
If you have an iPhone, here is a process I worked out. Ability to add delay and be location-specific. Has worked flawlessly for months.

Sponsored

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
Another successful rain sensor install here. Was pretty simple on my 22 Pro. Once the option was enabled, I have set to setting one on the wiper stalk and it swiped once and then went back to standby mode. Will test it when it rains but looks good so far.

wighty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning XLT (SR 311A), 2023 Genesis GV60
What is the actual difference between the regular rain stalk and the automatic rain sensor one? Does it have the same number of notches, and the major change is just the picture labeling?

nauticalx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
did you guys have to do anything special after adding code for auto wipers and installing the rain sensor? just added it and it's not working. just wipes intermittent as before.

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Ok, nauticalx seems to be another one of us Pro owners that can’t get this to work. Trying to narrow this down.
Is there anyone in here who has gotten this to work WITHOUT tow tech or max tow? I have Pro power only and naiticalx has no options.
Thanks again everyone!

Sponsored

nauticalx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
I'm having the same problem as jallen not getting the rain sensing to work on a base pro.

Can someone do me a favor and check the voltage between the pins at each end of the 3 pin connector at the rain sensor? And what polarity they have?

The connector is numbered:
1) black wire
2) blue wire
3) green wire

Thanks!

Thanks!

Jasontn316

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Sorry if I missed it in this long thread, but should the wiper wipe one time on each start if leaving at the single drop after enabling the rain sensor?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Sorry if I missed it in this long thread, but should the wiper wipe one time on each start if leaving at the single drop after enabling the rain sensor?
Mine did it occasionally, but not every time. So now I just turn it off since rain is infrequent. If it starts raining I turn it on -figured I’m not that lazy!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I'm guessing this is just bad software and control from Ford. I have a Lariat, so I have the sensing wipers built in and mine do this on occasion. Truly I turn my sensing wipers off on the stalk if it isn't rainy out just to prevent this. When rainy I turn them to auto and let them do their thing, they are pretty good at it. When sunny, I turn them off.
Sponsored