• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tesla Supercharger Membership Launched @ $12.99 / month. First video of Lightning charging at Supercharger CCS Magic Dock

Sponsored

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
I guess there is no need for Tesla owners to become members. I only see the discounted price on my app and no mention of the membership as if i am already a member by owning a Tesla.

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Yikes. I guess it’s not surprising that they charge more per kWh for non teslas, but I don’t think many people will be using Lightnings on road trips if it’s almost twice the cost of driving a gas truck at $3/gallon

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
I guess there is no need for Tesla owners to become members. I only see the discounted price on my app and no mention of the membership as if i am already a member by owning a Tesla.
I own a couple and I still see a standard charging fee and a membership charging fee. Are you looking under "Charge Your Non-Tesla" on the app?

The one by me is $0.39/kWh with the membership.

At 2.0mi/kWh that's $0.195/mile.
My gas truck got 17mpg @ $4.049/gallon = $0.238/mile.

Cutting it awfully close.

Edit: Grabbed my wife’s phone, her email is the primary Tesla account.

On her phone, membership is NOT an option. By default it charges the higher rate.

On my phone where my email is authorized but I am not the primary account, membership is optional and allows me to select the higher rate or join to get the lower rate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yikes. I guess it’s not surprising that they charge more per kWh for non teslas, but I don’t think many people will be using Lightnings on road trips if it’s almost twice the cost of driving a gas truck at $3/gallon
Keep in mind that prices vary by region. In order to sign up for membership you have to have a “Magic Dock” station available or it won’t show on the app.

Sponsored

COrocket

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Make sure you are running Tesla app version 4.18. Then the subscription prices will show up

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
What are the chances Tesla releases an adapter instead of trying to retrofit stations?

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
What are the chances Tesla releases an adapter instead of trying to retrofit stations?
I think they need to be permanent for nevi funding. If they also sold one to individuals that would be good to. Then you could use any supercharger, not just the few that are equipped.

vsansal

First Name
Volkan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro, Tesla Model Y Performance
Make sure you are running Tesla app version 4.18. Then the subscription prices will show up
You are right. Just updated the app and now shows membership options. Before the update it showed 49 cents for the chargers by NY area now it's still 49 cents without membership and with membership it shows 39 cents which is not too bad.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat