• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
The Pro rides different from the Lariat?
Pro SR vs Lariat ER, yea the ride is very different. I was surprised at just how different it was. It's the same suspension, but I guess the extra weight, different wheels/tires makes it a big enough difference.

The Pro is also quieter. Not sure if it's the moonroof.
Sponsored

ZSLC

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat Extended
Got the 23-2050 update 9 days ago before they killed it. Still on 4.1.1 (since 1/24). Checked battery levels, pulled the parking brake, changed update settings, turned the lights to off, pulled the battery cable....

I am assuming the rest of you went to the crossroads at midnight to receive your update from Ford by raven.

gern

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
Got the 23-2050 update 9 days ago before they killed it. Still on 4.1.1 (since 1/24). Checked battery levels, pulled the parking brake, changed update settings, turned the lights to off, pulled the battery cable....

I am assuming the rest of you went to the crossroads at midnight to receive your update from Ford by raven.
I also got the 23-2050 TSB installed before it was pulled, and also have not received any updates since Feb 2nd, when I got 4.1.1. I wonder if getting 23-2050 made us “ineligible” for 4.2.1?

David Gervais

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
If you have not already tried this, drive your SOC below your preferences [90%], delete the location based charging profile, then create a new entry the next time you need to charge. Hopefully this resolves the issue. If not stay tuned for further updates and try using the one time temporary limiter CS suggested.
This worked. Thanks

MidniteMayor

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Platinum
I also got the 23-2050 TSB installed before it was pulled, and also have not received any updates since Feb 2nd, when I got 4.1.1. I wonder if getting 23-2050 made us “ineligible” for 4.2.1?
I had the TSB 23-2050 done which increased the mean time between connectivity failures from ~4 days to ~3 weeks. After the first failure post the TSB I pulled fuse 32 to restore connectivity and the next day after a drive I received the 4.2.1 power up update

Sponsored

Flying

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
I got the 4.2.1 update last week, modem came back for a day or two, but then dropped out again. It's definitely not fixed for me. Dropped the truck off at the dealer this morning.

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I got the 4.2.1 update last week, modem came back for a day or two, but then dropped out again. It's definitely not fixed for me. Dropped the truck off at the dealer this morning.
🤔

Good luck.

I hope it's something simple. I've had no issues since the update for what it's worth.

flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, Rivian R1S
Same situation. Don't actually see any other changes that I've heard described by other members.
Similar situation for me. I was stuck in update limbo as the DTE update was 3 months of hell and several bad experiences with the Dealer and OTA support. I have been on 3.5.4 since last November. Received 4.2.1 late last week while I was traveling. Was excited to see some UI changes, but alas, still no Camera icon on the home screen, which honestly is all I want. I am envious of my buddy and his 2020 F150 with a physical button.

I am in the Early Access Program, but I have not seen ANY early updates as a part of it. I only get surveys. Any one else in this situation? I keep getting the emails from Ford with the Sync 4a updates coming soon in December and streaming coming soon in February. Still on the old Sync 4a Screens.

EdRudy

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Lightning ER Iced Blue Silver
Occupation
IT
I just recieved the 4.2.1 update but my message is different than the ones previously posted:

Ford F-150 Lightning Confirmed Fix for MY23 FordPass Connectivity Issue = 4.2.1 PowerUp OTA Update 1679421360985

Sponsored
OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I just recieved the 4.2.1 update but my message is different than the ones previously posted:

1679421360985.png
Multiple people have reported receiving 2 of the 4.2.1 updates, and they seem to do different things. There was one that went out 2+weeks ago, and then the was one referenced in this thread. That description seems like the other, earlier, one.

The 4.2.1 in this thread, with the connectivity update, was mostly geared at 2023 Lightnings that were having issues with modem/gateway connectivity.

gern

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning ER Lariat
Occupation
Software Engineer
And today I received 4.2.1.2, so it seems that installing TSB 23-2050 didn’t make me ineligible for the 4.2.x powerups.

OP
OP

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
And today I received 4.2.1.2, so it seems that installing TSB 23-2050 didn’t make me ineligible for the 4.2.x powerups.
I recieved the TSB and then later got the 4.2.1, the TSB didn't fix the issue, 4.2.1 did.

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
Pro SR vs Lariat ER, yea the ride is very different. I was surprised at just how different it was. It's the same suspension, but I guess the extra weight, different wheels/tires makes it a big enough difference.

The Pro is also quieter. Not sure if it's the moonroof.
My impressions as well. + the (better) small screen, + none of the B&O sound issues. I wish I would have gotten a Pro.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
My impressions as well. + the (better) small screen, + none of the B&O sound issues. I wish I would have gotten a Pro.
Don't forget the range for some reason isn't as different as it is on paper.

On paper the Pro gets 230miles. The GoM puts me at 200 miles @ 90% SoC on a regular basis. My efficiency was regularly 2.0-2.3mi/kWh.

On paper my Lariat gets 320 miles. The GoM puts me at 240 miles @ 90% SoC on a regular basis. My efficiency is regularly 1.8-2.1mi/kWh. Even turning everything off, I have a really tough time maintaining even 2.0mi/kWh.

In my experience the battery is 30% larger but the efficiency is 10%-20% less despite the EPA numbers. The ownership experience and view of the truck between the two is amazingly different.
Sponsored