• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

DrZoidberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Eternal Vestibule
I think the lariat with the extended range is good value at 80k before rebate.
Sponsored

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
You have a point, but the start button is still being used to start it, or turn it on in this case, just like an ICE vehicle. Could be like Tesla where you just get in, put it in gear, and go, but most are not like that (yet).
Oh, like a power switch to turn on various things like screen, radio, etc.. Makes sense. Thanks. It's sort of like turning the ignition key to the first click. I had a feeling it was a dumb question.:)

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
This may be a dumb question but what would a "push start" button do on an electric car? If they change from a manual key to a remote key, do you need a button if there is no engine to start? And I assume there is still some shifter to take if from a parked state to a ready to drive state (putting it in gear).
It turns things on. Before pushing that button, you can't shift and the infotainment system isn't running. It may not be necessary, strictly speaking, but it gives comfort to people who still remember using an actual key to start the car.

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
You have a point, but the start button is still being used to start it, or turn it on in this case, just like an ICE vehicle. Could be like Tesla where you just get in, put it in gear, and go, but most are not like that (yet).
I remember seeing a video where Ford mentioned that their customers don’t want a Tesla-Like “Just get in and drive”, even though they can do it. So they have included the button because most people are familiar with that.

I think one of the best things about the Lightning is that it is, on the surface, just a functional truck. If you weren’t paying attention, you might not even notice that it isn’t an ICE F150, and IMO, that is a good thing.

I suppose things like the removal of the start button will come in time.

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
.....I, for one, am reserving a Chevy tomorrow and will buy whichever brand's base model I can get first.
Same here!
Reserving a Chevy Silverado EV tomorrow....
If I don't get a Ford wave invite done for a Pro trim by March, then the Chevy base EV will be my backup:
Ford F-150 Lightning ?‍? F-150 Lightning Build & Price Configurator Now Live! Post Your Build Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 11.23.46 AM

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Thing that sucks is GM/Chevy has no credits left at all so you wont have a chance to take off any money beyond local state initiatives.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Nvm it looks like the pro has the keypad. Sweet. Kinda a must for me as I surf a lot and lock my keys in the car
No keypad on the PRO, not even an option.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Same here!
Reserving a Chevy Silverado EV tomorrow....
If I don't get a Ford wave invite done for a Pro trim by March, then the Chevy base EV will be my backup:
Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 11.23.46 AM.png
What if the Silverado base trim is ~$70k?

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Thing that sucks is GM/Chevy has no credits left at all so you wont have a chance to take off any money beyond local state initiatives.
Which is worse if you live in a state without any incentive whatsoever. I can't even get anything from the electric company for installing an EVSE.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
What if the Silverado base trim is ~$70k?
Well as much as I'd like a pickup to replace my F-150 I currently have...I just want a good large EV. I also put a reservation down on the Fisker Ocean today. If I can't get a Pro in the next year and a half I may move over to that platform.

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
Which is worse if you live in a state without any incentive whatsoever. I can't even get anything from the electric company for installing an EVSE.
‘Same here in KY (unless I am driving a Mitch Coalburner).o_Oo_O

Bippers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Thunderbird 2014 Honda Accord
Occupation
Chemical Engineer
Well as much as I'd like a pickup to replace my F-150 I currently have...I just want a good large EV. I also put a reservation down on the Fisker Ocean today. If I can't get a Pro in the next year and a half I may move over to that platform.
A Fisker Ocean? You mean the company that produced a hybrid that had horrible battery failure rates? I think they went bankrupt the first time for a reason.
Sponsored