• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
For the towing fellows, this nugget was contained in the Car and Driver article:

On the not-so-good front, the Lightning can tow up to 10,000 pounds when spec'd with the Max Trailer Tow package, but it can't do so for very long between charges. We pulled an 8300-pound boat and trailer at about 65 mph, and the on-board trip computer indicated we were getting less than one mile per kilowatt-hour. This puts the highway range with a trailer of decent size and mass somewhere around 100 miles. That means you wouldn't want to cover more than 80 or so miles between DC-fast-charger fill-ups because of how fast charging throttles as you near a full battery.
This answers questions a lot of people had. Expect 50%+ range loss and even worse when it’s cold out.
Sponsored

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
I'm a bit underwhelmed -- not for the truck itself, just the videos. Really didn't find anything new and everything came out as expected.

Hopefully Out of Spec comes out w/ some more quality technical content.

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
GREAT STUFF!

Clearly, the Lightning is living up to the promise of being BETTER than gas, while still being a REAL F-150.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
I think this is just the first round. It was an event put on by Ford where the the reviewers had limited time to really run any battery of proper tests (no pun intended). Once people start getting their own vehicles I expect the content to improve. I also think some of the reviews are a little too hopped up on kool-aid since Ford is likely treating them very well for the event. Overcoming that bias is what sets the best journalists apart from the "influencers."

Nice to at least see some measured 0-60 times in the low 4 second range. I know Farley has been touting "4 seconds" but I'd always thought it would actually be 4.5 seconds as originally advertised.

For towing the boat, the weight is a consideration, but that boat shape is pretty aerodynamic as trailers go. I think a 3-4000 pound utility trailer would fare about the same WRT range impct as that 4 ton boat.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
So far the best part of the reviews I've watched is the 2X playback in Youtube.

Sponsored

Brandonhatch

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Has anyone seen 0-60 results for the SR? I ordered an SR lariat. Interested to see what they say.

Clickbeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
Out of spec confirming the charging curve keeps 150-120kw up to 80%, no 5 second limitation from Mach-E. Please ford, I can only contain so much excitement

OutofSpecKyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Audi e-tron, Winnebago Revel
Occupation
YouTuber
@Administrator Out of spec just released their video, personally the one I've been waiting for.
Thanks for sharing! Tomorrow I have a whole video on a standard battery Pro trim. Really loved the truck and want to find a pretty standard truck to use on the upcoming Out of Spec Ranch! Seriously great machine.

Kyle

Ken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
the acceleration/braking nanny voice that was in one video hopefully should be something we can turn off. He mentioned it was a fleet training mode, hopefully not something on retail trucks.
Sponsored

Reactions: GDN