• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Here's a great review of the Lightning

doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost & 2019 Mustang GT Conv
Occupation
Real estate
I have no affiliation wit this site. Actually I had never been to or heard of this site. I just thought this article included a lot of pictures I had not seen before.

https://www.theautopian.com/the-202...-and-thats-why-its-going-to-change-the-world/

Like most reviews, they haven't told us anything we don't know yet. We really need them to get a truck and test it to disclose what they are really getting for mileage.
Sponsored

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
I have no affiliation wit this site. Actually I had never been to or heard of this site. I just thought this article included a lot of pictures I had not seen before.

https://www.theautopian.com/the-202...-and-thats-why-its-going-to-change-the-world/

Like most reviews, they haven't told us anything we don't know yet. We really need them to get a truck and test it to disclose what they are really getting for mileage.
Excellent review, guy seems to know his stuff, love how he just started scooting around under the demo chassis towards the end of the video too. :)

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
The Autopian is a great new site. It's made up of all the good people that left Jalopnik, including David Tracy who wrote that article.

Good point about the torque steer. I did not see that mentioned in the other reviews I've watched (Kyle, TFL, Doug).

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
You weren't kidding - great photos of components "under the hood," suspension, and frame. This is awesome. Thank you!
I second this, I felt like I was 100% going to be disappointed based on OPs title, but it's actually good stuff.

Sponsored

Fast911

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado sold
Excellent and well detailed reviewed! Liked it!

detroitlightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Toyota RAV4 Prime, ‘22 Maverick XL
The Autopian is a great new site. It's made up of all the good people that left Jalopnik, including David Tracy who wrote that article.

Good point about the torque steer. I did not see that mentioned in the other reviews I've watched (Kyle, TFL, Doug).
I’ll second this. Long time jalopnik appreciator, but honestly over the last few years David and Torch were really the ones I enjoyed reading. The Autopian is just getting going, but so far it’s really great. Today’s review is an excellent representation of their style.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
Yes, it is VERY good to know how much torque steer is present with the new Lightning as I heard the same remark by nerdy reviewer: Kyle on Out of Spec Review.

I am hopeful that Ford can adjust or make available a user setting to change the amount of motor drive from front to rear to counteract torque steer.

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
No one should be surprised it has torque steer as it has almost 800 foot lbs of torque and nearly 600HP!
Sponsored