• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

buttah_hustle

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Toyota Sienna, Future 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
Y'all, I've made the decision to not get down to railcar/truck tracking for my Pro for my general sanity, but it sounds like trucks are moving!

I did drop by my dealer yesterday and talk to my salesperson about pricing. I rolled in there with the Private Offer documentation, both Ford notices about Price Protection, and my signed order sheet. I brought two copies of each, relevant sections highlighted.

The sales guy had no clue, although he did mention that he had done Price protection on another deal recently. The Sales Manager came over and talked through it, and mentioned that it all looked legit, and understood that both could be applied. I gave them both copies. Nothing in writing, but at least I didn't get a combative response.

We'll see how it plays out once the truck shows up (ETA: 2/14) but just a data point that going in to your delarer guns and paperwork a' blazin' ahead of truck delivery may help your case.
Sponsored

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Good and bad news from Ford Chat today. They finally had a new update about my truck that wasn't "its currently in transit via convoy in New Boston" and provided me a rail number. The bad news is that its just now leaving MI instead of being in Mass like my dealer had told me haha.

Edit: Other good news is I can actually track the truck now. Arrived in Ohio this morning at 7am, scheduled for East Brookfield Mass on 2/4 at 3:45pm

Last edited:

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
For those curious Parson's went up another 1% on their ev loans.

1675260468094.png
My dealer won't talk financing options until they get invoiced. I hope Ford is on board with the Price Protection on my XLT. Also, if I use Ford Options, it will be their first such transaction, so likely some learning needed. To add insult to injury, Ford's price action for MMe sales hits my trade-in value too. :(

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
My dealer won't talk financing options until they get invoiced. I hope Ford is on board with the Price Protection on my XLT. Also, if I use Ford Options, it will be their first such transaction, so likely some learning needed. To add insult to injury, Ford's price action for MMe sales hits my trade-in value too. :(

This price protection I keep hearing about... isn't that for people who ordered 2022s? I ordered my truck on 11-15-22. The prices on 2023 Lariats had already gone up. How does this price protection actually work?

Sponsored

keen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
This price protection I keep hearing about... isn't that for people who ordered 2022s? I ordered my truck on 11-15-22. The prices on 2023 Lariats had already gone up. How does this price protection actually work?
Correct, it's for people who had decided to extend their reservation when they had a chance to order for MY2022.

Gewalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro (no options)
The price protection gives you the price you ordered it at on 11/15. Private offer is for reservations that were invited to configure for 2022 but had to be converted to 2023 model year with the pursuant price increase.

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
There is also the price protection for those of us who ordered before October 4, 2022 when Ford increased pricing for the 2023 models.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
My dealer was reluctant to tell me that my truck is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I emailed him twice before he finally answered me. He said that he didn't want to get me too excited because of the way these ETAs always bounce around. He said to not go by those dates. He said he would notify my when it is loaded onto the carrier, hopefully before the week is over. He also said it will not be transported by rail. It's only a couple hours away.

ProjectMayhem

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Picked up my Pro yesterday. Amazingly no hassle on the full price protection or PCO, just a 500 ADM. (Plus, I had to remind them to account for the initial deposits) Thanks to all the support here, the final process was quick and painless. Hoping the rest of your deliveries are just as smooth.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/9/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) Lightnin

Sponsored

Its PJ Bia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO
Picked up my Pro yesterday. Amazingly no hassle on the full price protection or PCO, just a 500 ADM. (Plus, I had to remind them to account for the initial deposits) Thanks to all the support here, the final process was quick and painless. Hoping the rest of your deliveries are just as smooth.
Lightning.jpg
Damn you got that quick! How did they handle your initial deposits? Congrats on the price protected pro!

ProjectMayhem

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Damn you got that quick! How did they handle your initial deposits? Congrats on the price protected pro!
Thanks! I had to bring it up with the finance rep at payment who had to quickly redo his figures. His explanation was "I thought Ford refunded everyone's initial deposit back to their credit card". Again, kudos to this forum as it was someone else's post about almost forgetting the deposit that reminded me to ask.

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
My employer gave me some paperwork to generate a PIN for the 500+ X-Plan as we are a supplier for FoMoCo. I hope they accept it at my dealer. Has anyone on this site used the X-Plan successfully with these new Lightnings?

EVMainer

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, Volt, F150 Lightning Pro
Just pulled the trigger on
Lightning.jpg
Amazing! Love the color!

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks! I had to bring it up with the finance rep at payment who had to quickly redo his figures. His explanation was "I thought Ford refunded everyone's initial deposit back to their credit card". Again, kudos to this forum as it was someone else's post about almost forgetting the deposit that reminded me to ask.
Hope this got the ball rolling for us all. 🙏
Sponsored