• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
I can't believe this. Sold my Avalanche last night 10 minutes after I put in FB marketplace. Saw my truck this morning and was to pick up after I meet the guy(wholesaler) with the cash at noon. At 11:40 I got a call back from my dealer telling me that the NTHS recall on the light bar issue prevents them from releasing the vehicle and he repeated what I've seen others post here that the replacement isn't expected until October. Unbelievable. I was within a few days of cancelling last month but saw movement, but October? I' can't see picking up a truck in October when it's literally a year old. .....to be continued......
Why would ford spend money to ship out a vehicle they know they can't sell??? That's bonkers man really sorry that's happened. And you were so close too... ☹
Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
Why would ford spend money to ship out a vehicle they know they can't sell??? That's bonkers man really sorry that's happened. And you were so close too... ☹
don't know but if the recall prevents the dealer from delivering the vehicle, than the production line is essentially shut down. They are saying they don't expect a replacement until Q4. I can't see waiting another 3-4 months to get my truck that will be a model year old when delivered and I sure ain't getting any year end discount.

Cancel, keep driving my Avalanche, and next year check out the 2024 Lightning, Silverado, and Dodge.

kenj89087

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E tron, Dodge Ram 1500 Limited, BMW iX50
Occupation
Business Owner
don't know but if the recall prevents the dealer from delivering the vehicle, than the production line is essentially shut down. They are saying they don't expect a replacement until Q4. I can't see waiting another 3-4 months to get my truck that will be a model year old when delivered and I sure ain't getting any year end discount.

Cancel, keep driving my Avalanche, and next year check out the 2024 Lightning, Silverado, and Dodge.
This is quite a dramatic turn of events. But I think in the end, you will think Ford did you a huge favor with this mess they've made of this product roll-out. At the very least, I have to believe the 2024 F150 will be much improved in product and support if you still want one and wait just a few more months. And it won't come with the risk you have with this truck that has been sitting so long and depreciating without you even getting to drive it. But also you will see some very strong EV truck contenders in GM and RAM- they've learned a lot and know they have to knock it out of the park.
I kept my 2019 RAM despite buying a new BMW iX EV after I canceled my Lightening 2 months ago. I couldn't be happier with the choice especially now hearing about what you've been through. The RAM, perhaps like your Avalanche has held its value very well (I'm seeing used Lightenings already that have been sitting on lots because they're overpriced) and is just a great truck when I need one. The EV car is my daily driver. Despite being loaded with tech, its been flawless for the first 6K miles and has a 350-370 mile range.
This will work out for you. Hang in there.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR

Recall is only for lariats and platinums with the rear light bar built prior to March if memory serves. All of the trucks built after that got the new lights without the defect so production should continue.

At this point you might want to ask your dealer if they can fast track you on another order and get a private offer from ford to match the cost of your original one. I doubt it'll work but if you want it before Oct what have you got to lose? When the plant opens back up in mid July you might see one by August if you're at the top of the list -- which you should be.

That said, I don't blame you in the slightest for wanting to cancel. Make sure you get all of your deposit money back.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Recall is only for lariats and platinums with the rear light bar built prior to March if memory serves. All of the trucks built after that got the new lights without the defect so production should continue.

At this point you might want to ask your dealer if they can fast track you on another order and get a private offer from ford to match the cost of your original one. I doubt it'll work but if you want it before Oct what have you got to lose? When the plant opens back up in mid July you might see one by August if you're at the top of the list -- which you should be.

That said, I don't blame you in the slightest for wanting to cancel. Make sure you get all of your deposit money back.
except my truck was built on June 9th.... or was it Feb 5th. but in either case FMC has a fix or the production line for their most popular model is shut down. They shipped the truck on 6/21 a week after the NTSA recall was issued. I'm off to the dealer to see what can be done. Thanks for the idea about a private offer. I'm thinking more of an offer on MY24 at the same price, but we'll see. cancellation is definitely possible as is an email to the head of their "customer experience" ...stay tuned

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
door jamb sticker will explain all

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
This is quite a dramatic turn of events. But I think in the end, you will think Ford did you a huge favor with this mess they've made of this product roll-out. At the very least, I have to believe the 2024 F150 will be much improved in product and support if you still want one and wait just a few more months. And it won't come with the risk you have with this truck that has been sitting so long and depreciating without you even getting to drive it. But also you will see some very strong EV truck contenders in GM and RAM- they've learned a lot and know they have to knock it out of the park.
I kept my 2019 RAM despite buying a new BMW iX EV after I canceled my Lightening 2 months ago. I couldn't be happier with the choice especially now hearing about what you've been through. The RAM, perhaps like your Avalanche has held its value very well (I'm seeing used Lightenings already that have been sitting on lots because they're overpriced) and is just a great truck when I need one. The EV car is my daily driver. Despite being loaded with tech, its been flawless for the first 6K miles and has a 350-370 mile range.
This will work out for you. Hang in there.
Thanks Ken.. We'll see what happens but excitement and frustration has given way to anger. I am so pissed at Ford that as bad as I still want a Lightning, it's going to take a lot before I give any money to Ford Motor Company.

kenj89087

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi E tron, Dodge Ram 1500 Limited, BMW iX50
Occupation
Business Owner
Thanks Ken.. We'll see what happens but excitement and frustration has given way to anger. I am so pissed at Ford that as bad as I still want a Lightning, it's going to take a lot before I give any money to Ford Motor Company.
100% understandable. As I indicated, you lasted way longer than I did before getting to this point. When one extends such levels of good faith only to have it blatantly abused-for MANY months, especially by such a well-established and resourced company like Ford, it has consequences. It astonishes me how organizationally incompetent Ford is such that they don't realize avoiding pissing off a customer has a much better return on investment than making a happy one. I wish you the best as you find an alternative that is even more fun than the Lightening.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Anyone still waiting on their Lightning in this week?

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
let you know next week. The dealer was able to tell my story to someone high up in FMC. There's hope he can pull strings to get the lightbar replaced and release the Lariat for sale to me. But I gave them an end of this month deadline or I'm moving on. so unless I post something next Tuesday it fell though.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@davehu

Let me know when the deal is done I can finally mark this week complete.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Finally!
Reserved 5/20/2021
Ordered 12/22/2022
Built 2/05/2023
Shipped 6/ 17/2023
received at dealer 6/28/2023
in my driveway 9/11/2023

✅ COngrat's

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Make sure you share the build date information on the tire pressure door jam sticker, I'm curious if this is the original construction or a new assembly with your VIN

1686521449381.png
TaxmanHog, I wasn't able to do this back in June but here is the door jam sticker confirming that this is the truck in production the day before the fire.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 1/30/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1694520880826
Sponsored