• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
There’s nothing to buff!

I think I got the frunk grill too since there’s hair around the Ford Logo and front camera.

I can’t make sense of it, not the first time I’ve hit a deer. This is usually $3-6,000 worth of damage given how hard I hit it.

Comparatively, here’s what an R1T looks like after hitting a deer at similar speeds (obviously not scientific..)

511340_10229042694925411_5226660566846713903_n-jpg.jpg

937a8560-1392-4d56-8448-baf9c0065854-jpeg.jpg

[/QUOT
Anyone wonder what it’s like to hit a deer in the truck?

Yea? I thought you would. So I decided to do some testing, soley to satisfy your curiosity.

45-55mph, rural road 35F and dry.

Saw the deer run out, and with the Lightning cheetah reflexes of a middle aged man I hit the brakes and locked them up (note, didn’t feel a lot of pulsing from the ABS like I have in other cars) unfortunately it was not enough. I hit this fairly large deer at a decent clip and punted it.

It did a rolling bounce 60-70ft away from the truck and into the brush where I heard it wriggle for maybe 15-30seconds before silence. I wasn’t able to find it but I also didn’t hear running or additional rustling, so I can only assume.

I then turned to the truck to try to inspect for damage but it was far too dark. My phone wasn’t helping. I went back into the truck and rocked her, listening for scrapes and rubs. Nothing. I limped her home, and took some pictures.

..so what does the truck look like after such a contact? Here you go..

IMG_4800.jpeg

Confused? Me too…

Did I run it OVER? No..I punted it.
Am I SURE I hit it? Pretty sure…
Seriously..you DID hit it right? Yes, yes I did.

Aha! Found proof:
IMG_4799.jpeg

IMG_4803.jpeg

Found hair around my bumper sensors and the front camera. Proof I hit it.

The frunk works. I don’t see any dents or cracks (yet) but will inspect further in the morning.

I guess…built Ford tough?
Well you got lucky. Glad there was no real damage.
Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
I think we need to squeeze out a few more pages. Who all still has their Lightning in this group. I know some traded up which I may be doing very shortly.

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Still present.

I haven't paid attention to anything new other than the Tesla adapter. Anything worth upgrading to on 23/24?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Not the 7/11 thread. NOOOO. Just the Tesla adapter thread. :)

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I think we need to squeeze out a few more pages. Who all still has their Lightning in this group. I know some traded up which I may be doing very shortly.
Still here! Over 18k trouble free miles. Biggest issue has been the FCSP, but even those issues have been minor.

Zero thoughts getting anything newer at the moment and actually thinking about pushing you my original idea of keeping for 6 yrs to keeping for 8.

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
Still present.

I haven't paid attention to anything new other than the Tesla adapter. Anything worth upgrading to on 23/24?
If you have a lariat or XLT no. If you have a Pro Like me then yes. I can move up in trim level at a decent price. Im not getting killed on Trade since I only paid 39k plus options. Im looking at an XLT Extended. If you have a Lariat you stand to lose way too much.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
Still here! Over 18k trouble free miles. Biggest issue has been the FCSP, but even those issues have been minor.

Zero thoughts getting anything newer at the moment and actually thinking about pushing you my original idea of keeping for 6 yrs to keeping for 8.
I've had zero problems as well. I just wish I had more range AND the wife still bitches about NO Carpet.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I've had zero problems as well. I just wish I had more range AND the wife still bitches about NO Carpet.
Makes perfect sense to consider trading up in your situation. Good deals to be had and you can get some good features to go with it. AND you can get the wife some luxury carpeting...
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group 1000235211

Sponsored

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Service Manager
Makes perfect sense to consider trading up in your situation. Good deals to be had and you can get some good features to go with it. AND you can get the wife some luxury carpeting...
1000235211.jpg
I sent this to the wife...lol

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning

16k miles for me. Also planning to keep it, potentially handing it down to a kid.