• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
You would think someone experienced as he is from the best build week ever would NEVER NEVER have to push to a charger. LMAO..
Believe me, the number of trips I took with the truck…I thought I had this thing down. I’ve run her to 3 miles remaining before and never ran out. I still don’t understand why the truck cut me off the way it did.

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
They do the coatings right.
Except they do it inconsistently.

Model S the roof is amazing. Barely gets hot or cold, 100% comfy in the cabin. I have the rear facing seats, and the kids bake back there. First couple of times I had them back there I thought child protective services would be called on me. Had to get that ceramic tinted down to 35%.

Model X (early one) passenger side is coated (yellow in color) driver side isn’t (blue in color) and I end up baking through the massive front windshield.

I know they eventually got better but man were they terrible at first..

Reactions: GDN

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
I did near clear. They say you can do clear for light transmission it reduces heat almost exactly the same.
I leave the shade open 99% of the time. When it’s too bright, I close it. I didn’t even tint the rest of the windows.
Good to know. Been thinking about doing something on the driver's and passenger windows to reduce heat.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
Pretty sure it’s either 10 or 15%. I may have those flipped, but I believe it lets through 85-90% of light, however they label it. It’s slightly darker than my windshield, but not much.
I may just go ahead since you say it made a big difference. I’m all for keeping it cool. The woman runs a little hot anyway.

bobrosco

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
I may just go ahead since you say it made a big difference. I’m all for keeping it cool. The woman runs a little hot anyway.
It doesn’t keep if from getting warm when it’s parked, but it allows the a/c to keep up easily and I don’t feel like I’m sitting in the sun like I did before.

I had the same thing done to my wife’s Expedition because she liked it so much.

Sponsored

mastapsi356

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150b Lightning
I'm still here. Still have mine, no mechanical issues other than I did have a wiper motor go dead (covered under the recall).

My lightning isn't quite unscathed though. Back in September, a semi backed into it while I was parked. They ended up replacing the whole tailgate and one of the tail lamps. I do still have one issue left from it that I will see if Ford will address at my next service. My tailgate step is not staying latched in anymore. I'm guessing there is a minor alignment issue.

EV wise, no issues, just wish I had my adapter already cause I want to take it on a road trip for spring break (5 days each way) but west Texas is too sketchy without the Tesla network.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
west Texas is too sketchy without the Tesla network.
I know "West Texas" is a huge place, and I only experienced a small leg of it, but I went from Phoenix to Odessa, and did the return trip in a single day. I had no issues finding chargers and only had one close call where I had failed to charge enough and had to start turning the AC off and on periodically to ensure I got back to El Paso. I think you'll be surprised what you can do.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
Well I said Goodbye to my Pro today. She was one hell of a truck vinyl seats and all. Broke even on the trade and also got the full 7500 tax rebate when I purchased her. So in the end it cost me about 5000 dollars to drive the Pro for about 19 months not including charging. I’m fine with that.
It is a happy day though. My new ride is a 2023 Black Lariat SR. Sticker at 72k but paid 54k. I’m more than fine with that!! The wife loves the carpet but lets see what she says when I get my mats.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Well I said Goodbye to my Pro today. She was one hell of a truck vinyl seats and all. Broke even on the trade and also got the full 7500 tax rebate when I purchased her. So in the end it cost me about 5000 dollars to drive the Pro for about 19 months not including charging. I’m fine with that.
It is a happy day though. My new ride is a 2023 Black Lariat SR. Sticker at 72k but paid 54k. I’m more than fine with that!! The wife loves the carpet but lets see what she says when I get my mats.
Traitor