• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 11/27/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
I would go and talk to your dealership about the post-delivery inspection and detailing processes over the holiday season. Your truck might get to the dealership in time, but it will be close for sure. You need to know what their holiday hours are, and if full receiving and prep services to get the vehicle ready to sell are available over the week between xmas and new years.

I won't tell you what to do here, but if the tax implications are such that a '23 sale is needed, you might want to explore inventory on the lots in your area. 10 days post production to "built", 7 days from "built" to shipping (though this can vary a lot), and, if on a truck to your dealership, relatively quick shipping; you will probably be OK, but the vacation factor can't be ignored.
Sponsored

MrH42

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER, 2023 Subaru BRZ
The truck has officially hit "built" status. Now it's just a matter of how quick it can get delivered. The fact it's not going on a train seems like a big win. I'm reaching out my dealer today to emphasize the importance of delivering this calendar year. I'll take it without a pre-delivery detail, doesn't matter.

I'd offer to go up and pick up the truck from the factory if needed, but I'm guessing that's not really feasible and probably slower than the normal shipping process.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The truck has officially hit "built" status. Now it's just a matter of how quick it can get delivered. The fact it's not going on a train seems like a big win. I'm reaching out my dealer today to emphasize the importance of delivering this calendar year. I'll take it without a pre-delivery detail, doesn't matter.

I'd offer to go up and pick up the truck from the factory if needed, but I'm guessing that's not really feasible and probably slower than the normal shipping process.
Your truck will likely go by convoy run at 3 hours and 200 miles travel time, hope they load it sometime next week

jmt995

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB
Joining in on this thread. I reserved a 12/03 build truck from a local dealer in late November. It didn't have a spray-in bedliner, so it got out of Dearborn pretty quickly. On a train that will arrive in MA tomorrow morning. Hoping it makes the trek up to NH by the end of the year!

MrH42

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Joining in on this thread. I reserved a 12/03 build truck from a local dealer in late November. It didn't have a spray-in bedliner, so it got out of Dearborn pretty quickly. On a train that will arrive in MA tomorrow morning. Hoping it makes the trek up to NH by the end of the year!
Good to know, thanks for the update. I've been trying to gauge turnaround time from Built to Shipped. This is another data point.

Sponsored

jmt995

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB
@TaxmanHog do you still have access to United Road? Curious if you can see any additional details on there on potential pickup date. Ford is telling me that 1/1/23 is the latest my truck will get to Concord, NH from East Brookfield...fingers crossed it moves this week or next.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
@TaxmanHog do you still have access to United Road? Curious if you can see any additional details on there on potential pickup date. Ford is telling me that 1/1/24 is the latest my truck will get to Concord, NH from East Brookfield...fingers crossed it moves this week or next.
Unfortunately I only have access to 5 dealer locations and can not add additional subscriptions.

Based on the information you shared via DM, it looks like the truck could arrive at the rail yard at any time based on your timeline (which was a very quick blend to ship cycle time!!)

BTW, I hope they can get you the truck before the end of the year, there is a potential to do so!!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 11/27/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1703024754874

jmt995

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB
Unfortunately I only have access to 5 dealer locations and can not add additional subscriptions.

Based on the information you shared via DM, it looks like the truck could arrive at the rail yard at any time based on your timeline (which was a very quick blend to ship cycle time!!)

BTW, I hope they can get you the truck before the end of the year, there is a potential to do so!!

1703024754874.png
@TaxmanHog I appreciate the response! It got off the train on 12/16, so it was a super quick trip out of Dearborn, surprisingly (my 22 Powerboost sat in Dearborn for 5 months before it moved).

MrH42

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The tracker is showing Final Preparation this morning. I'm guessing this means it has arrived at the dealership and going through pre-delivery inspection.

I reached out to my sales contact but he hasn't responded. Looks like I'm going to squeak in and get the deal done this year. Thanks everyone for your help!

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
The tracker is showing Final Preparation this morning. I'm guessing this means it has arrived at the dealership and going through pre-delivery inspection.

I reached out to my sales contact but he hasn't responded. Looks like I'm going to squeak in and get the deal done this year. Thanks everyone for your help!
Congrat's short 200 mile convoy ride from the Rouge to your dealership!!
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 11/27/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1703110623667

Sponsored

jmt995

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat PB
It looks like I'm going to squeak in by the New Year too! Woo!
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 11/27/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1703167677807

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired