• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
Yea!!!!
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Sorry but the $67k is the base Rivian, might as well compare to Lariat trim. A similarly configured R1T is $91,800. Plus the Rivian is a smaller truck, more like a ranger.
Don't get me wrong, I'm going to gladly place an order for an F150L if I get an invite, but you can't really argue that the Platinum is a good value relative to an R1T based purely on feature set.

You'd have to add the 400-mile battery and pick the most expensive rim and paint combinations to get to $92K.

If you configure the standard battery/rim/paint but upgrade to the nicer R1T interior you'd be spending $73K. That would give you a 4-motor drive train, 300 miles of range, adaptive air suspension, sub-four-second 0-60, and 200+ kW peak charging rate. You'd also get higher payload and towing capacities than you'd get with the Platinum. Rivian service and reliability are wild cards, so the Ford wins those criteria.

Sponsored

Squatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reef flip flops
If your butt is old, like mine, I've been spoiled by some of the 'pampering' lately. I gotta have some of the 'niceties'. Even the bargain PRO model would seem a might bit overpriced for plastic seats and floor... ;)
I wish I could have heated and cooled seats with the XLT Sport cloth seats.

Also. The odds of Rivian making a decent vehicle with QC better than the atrocious Teslas look pretty bleak.

midmack

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VE Jetta, Chrysler Pacifica
Occupation
Family Physician
As far as we know, the Platinum is fully-loaded. A fully loaded ICE platinum is $76K. Trucks cost a lot.

After tax credit, there's a ~$7k difference.
The Platinum is probably more comparable to a maxed out hybrid limited which compares at 81k. Still a little below the 7.5k rebate, but not much!

Lariat+ for me!

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Nice! I just received a text from my salesman with my place in line at the dealership after not hearing anything for months…. Can’t wait

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I think I will reserve a Silverado EV on Jan. 5. If I'm not in wave 1, I may find my preferred configuration sold out, and taking delivery after mid 2022 may mean the tax credit won't be 7500 anymore.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I think I will reserve a Silverado EV on Jan. 5. If I'm not in wave 1, I may find my preferred configuration sold out, and taking delivery after mid 2022 may mean the tax credit won't be 7500 anymore.
Thats not a bad plan at all. Although I think by that time the BBB will have passed.

Sponsored

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Thanks admin for the email, I do appreciate the heads up on pricing for the new F150L. I’m so, so, glad they still offer the Pro at the original cost as that will be the truck that I order, IF, I get the invite. I truly do NEED a truck to do…Well, truck things. However, I do not live in my truck, so I can get by without all the frills offered in the other trim levels. What’s got me worried is, IF, I get an invite, what do I do if the Pro trim is sold out? Can I afford the XLT????

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
So does this mean, if I'm in Wave 1, I have until March 31st to actually place my order and NOT lose my place in line? Or could someone in Wave 2 get ahead of me if I don't pull the trigger within a week?

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
Thanks admin for the email, I do appreciate the heads up on pricing for the new F150L. I’m so, so, glad they still offer the Pro at the original cost as that will be the truck that I order, IF, I get the invite. I truly do NEED a truck to do…Well, truck things. However, I do not live in my truck, so I can get by without all the frills offered in the other trim levels. What’s got me worried is, IF, I get an invite, what do I do if the Pro trim is sold out? Can I afford the XLT????
For me that's a "cross that bridge when I get to it" kind of thing. I am just hoping for an invite. It will be rough waiting for two weeks wave after wave if the invite doesn't happen.

I went through the order process for the bronco and had to make changes to the trim level and options due to constraints in order to get it built, but I love it. Hopefully with waves, most options won't be a problem.

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
Looking forward to going through the build and price tool. Love my Powerboost Platinum and EV doesn't make sense for me, at this time. But, it will be fun to see what is possible.
Sponsored