• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
All current build weeks are getting this pattern letter, including 1/30/2023!!!!!
Sponsored

viennaxmas

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Door handle shortage

apparently they use whatever door handle they have in stock and later replace it with one in truck color... So blue trucks may get a red door handle in the assembly line, then have to wait in the lot for a blue one.

https://fordauthority.com/2023/05/ford-f-150-production-impacted-by-door-handle-shortage/
Don't they paint them in the paint shop like the rest of the truck? I'd guess they just have one or two per truck and not all 4. I got this email for my pro order and it doesn't have painted handles.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
While I appreciate the effort to communicate, I find it rather ironic that this arrived about 12 hours after I got the email about the production delay.

Ford:
Hi, 👋this is your Ford Ambassador. I’m here to make sure you’re up and running on day one with your new electric vehicle. You can opt out at any time by texting “STOP” and opt back in by texting “START”.

wells2525

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Firefighter
Got this from Ford last night. Anyone know what the supply chain issues are thie time?

We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Just wanted to give you an update on the status of your F-150 Lightning LARIAT order. While production of your vehicle was projected to begin the week of April 24, 2023, supply chain challenges continue to cause delays and uncertainty.​
This is frustrating, we get it. We want nothing more than to get your Ford up on the line and start assembling it. And we will continue to work hard to reduce the delays to try to get you on the road in your new vehicle soon.​
We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we get more information, at least once every 45 days. Hang in there. We really do appreciate your patience and understanding.​
Got the same email.

Sponsored

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
I've gone through some of the older, sticky threads to see if I can figure this out. But it seems many of the links and instructions no longer work. If possible, how do I figure out where/what status my truck is in? As far as I know, it has been built and is one of the ones waiting on door handles. With prior shipping holds, people seemed to be able to locate which "ramp" the truck had been shuttled to. I assume mine has been shuttled to a holding place somewhere. Can this be tracked?

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Just had a meeting at our dealership Saturday and they used FreightVerify.com to see that my truck was "released for shipping". He didnt say what ramp but its destined for Windsor, Ont then Vancouver, BC by June 15 (estimated)
Blend was 4/27
Built 5/4

Good visit with dealer as he confirmed our price (2022 with no markup, plus no need for Private offer or anything)..and a fair price for my trade, although I will still likely sell it for about %20 more privately in the next few weeks..

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've gone through some of the older, sticky threads to see if I can figure this out. But it seems many of the links and instructions no longer work. If possible, how do I figure out where/what status my truck is in? As far as I know, it has been built and is one of the ones waiting on door handles. With prior shipping holds, people seemed to be able to locate which "ramp" the truck had been shuttled to. I assume mine has been shuttled to a holding place somewhere. Can this be tracked?
I've been watching you truck build progression based on your share of the VIN.

Pulled the window sticker to determine your order code
https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FTVW1EV9PWG17872

Then used this link to the public build tracker here: Ford-USA
Looks like your "BUILT" status has not posted yet, no idea why but you may see it post this week, unless there is a part shortage issue with your truck.

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1684166696412

The only resource for RAMP location is to contact FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE via phone or online chat via your official personal order page.

DamSea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
My order is also in the "In Production Limbo". My dealer says their VIN tracker shows my truck in Michigan with delivery ETA of 11:40am on Saturday, the 13th. Their internal location tracker said it was scheduled for delivery on 10 May. Ford's Vehicle Order Tracker says it was "In Production" 2 May and last updated 6 May (whatever that means). I chatted with Ford Customer Service and they said the truck was at the infamous Area 51 and that they saw no reasons for delays or holds. Its no wonder Ford has supply chain issues, their tracking is horrible.

Last edited:

sando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
My estimated delivery date has been pretty much getting moved back every few days. Originally said by today, then moved to by Wednesday, and just now it updated to between tomorrow and next Monday.

Sponsored

JustADude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Pro (Avalanche)
I've gone from 5/20-26th to now 5/30 per the chat I just had online. I'm still expecting mid June to hopefully not get my hopes up. Haha

sando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
The end range of my delivery dates went

5/15 --> 5/17 --> 5/22

I talked to my salesman as well as my Ford ambassador last Thursday when it still showed by 5/15, and both of them said they can only see what I can see on Ford's website so they had no other info to provide.

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro; 2009 F-150 (SOLD); 2022 Bronco
Ford sent this cool photo today, unfortunately they still haven’t answered multiple questions about the pricing. So it’s built and shipped and my price range is somewhere between the MSRP at time of order, and the MSRP now… Well it SHOULD be as simple as price at time of order, but no one with Ford can explain. I wonder if I was to go order a new Model Y or new Tacoma Hybrid how those companies would handle pricing? Would it be transparent up front and honest or would it be this “wait & see” nonsense?
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 4/24/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) IMG_8308

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Ford sent this cool photo today, unfortunately they still haven’t answered multiple questions about the pricing. So it’s built and shipped and my price range is somewhere between the MSRP at time of order, and the MSRP now… Well it SHOULD be as simple as price at time of order, but no one with Ford can explain. I wonder if I was to go order a new Model Y or new Tacoma Hybrid how those companies would handle pricing? Would it be transparent up front and honest or would it be this “wait & see” nonsense?
IMG_8308.jpeg
What was your blend date?
Mine was 4/27 and build 5/4 but not showing its left for shipping yet
Hope your pricing works out!

benderofbows

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro; 2009 F-150 (SOLD); 2022 Bronco
What was your blend date?
Mine was 4/27 and build 5/4 but not showing its left for shipping yet
Hope your pricing works out!
Honestly not sure. I'm trying not to stress too much, it is just a truck after all. However, I haven't even installed a home charger yet (much less tried to track shipping) because of not knowing what the vehicle itself is going to cost. The MSRP has gone up so much that if they can't work out the pricing, and it's really 20% more than expected, I'm probably going to have to walk. And that doesn't require a home charger LOL
Sponsored