• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2 Week Airport Parking

Mike37

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning; 2010 Corvette
Occupation
Retired
My wife and I will be taking a trip and will need to park at the airport for about two week in Baltimore. I assume we will have used about 30% of the charge getting to the airport. We’ll have a similar need returning home. Has anyone had any experience with parking their Lightning for that period without a charge? Am I pressing my luck? Should I just use the ICE case for the trip?
Sponsored

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I've gone close to that before. The HVB will be fine, the truck is pretty smart and from my experience goes dormant. I don't think I've ever lost %. I did have an issue this past trip of 8 days with the 12V getting weak. But I also had a coworker whose ice died for that reason too. If it's going to be bitter cold, it's something to consider. I use paak and when the 12V gets too low, I don't think it works anymore and a physical key is necessary.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
We've left our Mach-E at the airport a couple times, in both cold and hot weather. No issues. Temps were close to 0 in the cold, and in the 80's and 90's last August when we went to Alaska for 2 weeks.

Don't over think this. Charge to 90% before you leave. You'll have plenty of charge there and back.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Agree, nothing to worry about.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Your HVB should keep your 12V battery alive but it is always a good idea to back in your truck into the parking space and have a jumper cable with you just in case.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Your HVB should keep your 12V battery alive but it is always a good idea to back in your truck into the parking space and have a jumper cable with you just in case.
Not necessary for 2 weeks. Unless something is broken.

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Done 8 days last spring with weather between 0-30 degrees at Denver Airport. Not even one percent loss upon return. Some airports have L1 chargers in long term parking lots that are specifically meant to slow charge while you’re gone. Did that over a 4 day trip and got back to truck at 90% ready to go.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Do NOT check it daily with the app. Awakening it will drain the 12v. Do that daily over 2 weeks and you may find it very weak. Just enjoy your trip and it will be fine.

Sponsored

petewatts

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
No worries, I’ve parked mine for 4 weeks without any issues.

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Do NOT check it daily with the app. Awakening it will drain the 12v. Do that daily over 2 weeks and you may find it very weak. Just enjoy your trip and it will be fine.
While you are correct that it will drain the 12V faster to keep checking on it, the HVB will top it off any time the LVB drops below 50% SOC so even if you do check regularly, the truck will be fine. It takes so little from the HVB to charge the LVB that most will not even see a change in HVB SOC over a couple of weeks.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
While you are correct that it will drain the 12V faster to keep checking on it, the HVB will top it off any time the LVB drops below 50% SOC so even if you do check regularly, the truck will be fine. It takes so little from the HVB to charge the LVB that most will not even see a change in HVB SOC over a couple of weeks.
That's IF it kicks in. Documentation I've seen posted shows it sits for 48 hours before charging the 12v, so IF you keep playing all day long...

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Parking in Harry Reid Airport in Las Vegas by backing into the space will get you a parking ticket due to unreadable license plate. Thought ya'll would like to know.
Good tip. Would have never thought of that. In Maryland we have to have plates on front as well.
Sponsored