• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat, $30k Discount, $49215 final selling price.

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Yes, NJ resident and First Responder $500 discount; I'm guessing dealership discount.

The spray in bed liner is the way to go; I think the other charge for $499 is BS..
$6k off is ok and you don’t have X-Plan or Private offer. You gotta drop the extras though like PermaPlate. Does the truck already have Spray on Liner? I wouldn’t trust the dealer to do a good job on it.
Sponsored

Feather&Fin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Occupation
Law Enforcement
$6k off is ok and you don’t have X-Plan or Private offer. You gotta drop the extras though like PermaPlate. Does the truck already have Spray on Liner? I wouldn’t trust the dealer to do a good job on it.
The spray in bed liner was already performed; it actually looked well done and high quality, there was an emblem in place from the company that did the spray in work.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On Order: 2022 F150 Raptor, Atlas Blue, 801a, PP
I recently (3/18/24) was quoted $58k for a 2023 Lariat Lightning with the Extended Range battery; NJ doesn't charge sales tax on EV.

Didn't pull the trigger due to trade-in value for a recently purchased Tesla Model Y this past October 2023; bought the Model Y as my lease was up and the Ford Lightning dealer quoted me close to $100k for a Lariat or Platinum model..??

Trying to sell the Tesla privately and then swing back towards a Lariat Lightning purchase.

Screenshot_20240323-073415.png
not a bad deal, so just under $65k if you don't qualify for rebate.

the model y trade in is where they are getting you....how can it be $22k...seems really low...what year and miles on the model y?

Feather&Fin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Law Enforcement
not a bad deal, so just under $65k if you don't qualify for rebate.

the model y trade in is where they are getting you....how can it be $22k...seems really low...what year and miles on the model y?
The $22k trade in was for my wife's 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit edition with 76k miles; the dealership is only offering $36k for my 2023 Model Y with less than 7k miles on it - it's basically brand new condition

Feather&Fin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Law Enforcement
I'll try selling my Model Y Performance privately and perhaps revisit the Lightning purchase...

Sponsored

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The $22k trade in was for my wife's 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit edition with 76k miles; the dealership is only offering $36k for my 2023 Model Y with less than 7k miles on it - it's basically brand new condition
makes sense.....$36k is not that bad actually......brand new model Y starts at $36,500 with federal tax rebate so I'm surprised they are giving you that much unless it is a MYP but even still

Feather&Fin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Law Enforcement
The Performance is closer to $50k; I'm not sure how the tax credit works for a new owner when purchasing a used EV.

If the dealership had offered me $44k, I'd probably be driving a 2023 Lariat ER F-150...😂

Ford F-150 Lightning 2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat, $30k Discount, $49215 final selling price. Screenshot_20240324-083435

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The Performance is closer to $50k; I'm not sure how the tax credit works for a new owner when purchasing a used EV.

If the dealership had offered me $44k, I'd probably be driving a 2023 Lariat ER F-150...😂

Screenshot_20240324-083435.png
Unfortunately, $36k is around MMR and your dealer gave you a very good offer on the MYP. All the Teslas are instantly underwater except for the Cybertruck.

Feather&Fin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Unfortunately, $36k is around MMR and your dealer gave you a very good offer on the MYP. All the Teslas are instantly underwater except for the Cybertruck.
I read that the Model Y price is increasing in April by another $1k; I'm thinking $46k for a MYP is a good deal for someone looking to save some money on a "like new condition" MYP..

OP
OP
monsterlag

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I read that the Model Y price is increasing in April by another $1k; I'm thinking $46k for a MYP is a good deal for someone looking to save some money on a "like new condition" MYP..
I mean the Lightning isn’t faring any better. Depreciation is admittedly worse.

Sponsored

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I mean the Lightning isn’t faring any better. Depreciation is admittedly worse.
agree, teslas appear to hold value the best among electric vehicles...then again it is hard to say for sure as MSRP is not the same as selling price and these deep discounts on new lightnings might result in less percentage depreciation from paid price.......at least we are seeing more normal pricing on both ICE and EV.....(2023 ICE F150s now discounted 10k plus just like 4 years ago)

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Dodge Caravan
Officially apart of the club!!!!! Thank you so much everyone for the help….especially monsterlag. Not the best picture but here she is!

Here’s the breakdown of my deal. Not the best as we only get 5k lariat cash here in the Midwest but I’m very happy with it. Missouri dealership and residence for reference

80085 MSRP
-7030 dealer discount
-5000 Lariat Rebate
-3750 X Plan Rebate (2750+1000)
-500 First Responder rebate
-7500 EV Point of Sale

56305 sale price

I had a trade in which my best offer through Car Max, Carvana, Autonation, etc was 16500. They gave me 18000 for it so you could technically add another $1500 to the dealer discount. I left it off to make it cleaner.

Here’s how I finally got it across the finish line. I was working 1 on 1 with the owner. We went round and round on the X Plan rebates as that was the only hold up. He was adamant you could not combine dealer discount with the X plan rebate. I brought up the idea why don’t you use X plan pricing, and add the “dealership discount” number to my trade in. They agreed. With this, my numbers on the sales sheet are different than what I put above, but the final number is still the same. Thanks again!!! I have so much to learn!

IMG_6120.jpeg
Do you actually qualify for the $7500 EV POS? i.e. tax rebate? The truck is over $80K and the tax rules say you get the tax break if MSRP is under $80K. What documentation do you show the IRS and will the IRS be coming after you?

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you actually qualify for the $7500 EV POS? i.e. tax rebate? The truck is over $80K and the tax rules say you get the tax break if MSRP is under $80K. What documentation do you show the IRS and will the IRS be coming after you?
80k limit is prior to delivery fee so it might be under it.

either way a great deal

Dlm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
The 80085 was after destination and delivery fees so pre D&D it was 78k.
Sponsored