• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Feel so lucky. Received invitation text/email on 4/12 for wave 6. I chose to extend because only Lariat and Platinum were available.

Then considering the future price increase due to inflation and gone of tax credit, I changed my mind and fortunately I still could order on 4/23. I ordered Lariat ER and now I saved $16000.

Last edited:

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
well, you really didn't 'save' anything, you SPENT $80,000 !

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The price on my pro increased by $7,500. The Federal incentive should be the same as 2022. What else changed for your situation?
Well, I can truely say I did win the lottery when I received my invite and had my MY22 order accepted/built/delivered!

Sponsored

PopsGG

First Name
Gerardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Honestly regardless of political persuasion this is complete egg on the face of the democrats. With the price thresholds set in the "INFLATION GASOLIONE ON THE FIRE BILL" and the inflation they are causing virtually no vehicles will qualify for their precious EV adoption incentives.
I don't understand blaming ONE party for inflation. Its happening all over the world at the same time, US, China, Europe, Africa. Perhaps inflation is not due to any specific people, but due to circumstances... like supply and demand?

Ford will sell maybe 15k or less Lightnings in 2022. Selling at a reduced price was pretty cheap advertising. I am guessing the PRO is the only one they were actually losing money on, they will sell so few of those.

Sealevel

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 XLT Lightning SR
Occupation
Engineer
I don't understand blaming ONE party for inflation. Its happening all over the world at the same time, US, China, Europe, Africa. Perhaps inflation is not due to any specific people, but due to circumstances... like supply and demand?

Ford will sell maybe 15k or less Lightnings in 2022. Selling at a reduced price was pretty cheap advertising. I am guessing the PRO is the only one they were actually losing money on, they will sell so few of those.
Agreed - Basic Economics exacerbated by factors that impacted both Supply and Demand. .

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Understood. Poor choice of words. Trying to do too many things at 1 time. My question is when will those that did not get an invite for a 22 expect to see new invites going out for 23's?
TBH its confusing. Ford and GM use different terminology than Rivian and Tesla for what is essentially the same thing.

Step1-- Ford/GM(reservation), Rivian/Tesla(Order or pre order) -- Put your name on list, minimal deposit, may or may not choose trim, only ballpark idea of model year or scheduled production date

Step2-- Ford/GM(order), Rivian/tesla (finalize order)-- choose trim, more substantial deposit, discuss final price, more clarity of delivery date

Ford closed step1(reservations) for Lightning in Dec 2021 at 200k, GM/Rivian/Tesla have rolling reservations(step1) although it may be quite a long time before customers proceed to step2.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Honestly regardless of political persuasion this is complete egg on the face of the democrats. With the price thresholds set in the "INFLATION GASOLIONE ON THE FIRE BILL" and the inflation they are causing virtually no vehicles will qualify for their precious EV adoption incentives.
Wouldn't making fewer vehicles eligible for tax incentives (i.e. raising their effective price) counteract inflation in a very small way? It's effectively a tax increase on higher trims...

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Ford.com 2023 Lightning builder is updated. Prices are way up and no er qualifies for the rebate. For those early reservation holders like myself who got skipped for prioritization in Zev states this is essentially a $15,000 increase on a lariat er.
I'm not surprised there's an increase for new "Reservations", but they're going to make a lot of people upset who reserved in '21 based on the original prices. Tesla has the same problem with the Cybertruck... they assumed the prices of components would drop by the time they produced them.

Costs for tech would normally drop over time, but nobody expected the supply chain problems that led to EVERYTHING going up.

Sponsored

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I'm not surprised there's an increase for new "Reservations", but they're going to make a lot of people upset who reserved in '21 based on the original prices. Tesla has the same problem with the Cybertruck... they assumed the prices of components would drop by the time they produced them.

Costs for tech would normally drop over time, but nobody expected the supply chain problems that led to EVERYTHING going up.
Don't forget Rivian. When they tried to raise prices everybody started to cancel. Now they are losing money on every truck they build.

I guess they'll make it up on volume.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feel so lucky. Received invitation text/email on 4/12 for wave 6. I chose to extend because only Lariat and Platinum are available.

Then considering the future price increase due to inflation and gone of tax credit, I changed my mind and fortunately I still can order on 4/23. I ordered Lariat ER and now I saved $16000.
Agreed. My dad was a fan of the phrase “He who hesitates is lost” …..

orangefirefish

First Name
Sheen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
I don’t get the impression that this bill has much to do with inflation at all, just a bit of marketing from the authors. At any rate… this type of price increase would increase inflation since the CPI measures the year over year change in vehicle prices across a vehicle type. The Lightning is also a small fraction of total vehicles sold in the US so unless other manufacturers follow suit, the impact will be small. I noted that the 2023 ICE F-150s are unlikely to increase in price that much so it just seems like Ford is capturing some of that premium for itself. It sucks but I’d rather that than dealers marking it up.
Wouldn't making fewer vehicles eligible for tax incentives (i.e. raising their effective price) counteract inflation in a very small way? It's effectively a tax increase on higher trims...

IdeaOfTheDayCom

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
IdeaOfTheDay.Com
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Software Developer
Don't forget Rivian. When they tried to raise prices everybody started to cancel. Now they are losing money on every truck they build.

I guess they'll make it up on volume.
What a mess they made. You simply can't change the price of something after the order is placed.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
What a mess they made. You simply can't change the price of something after the order is placed.
They tried. And they had an angry mob with torches and pitchforks at their doorstep within minutes.
Sponsored