• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
First Aid Kit ?

Some bandaids and aspirin for the headache paying so much ?
Sponsored

Straight2VHS

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE, 1995 Mustang 5.0
Standard range Lariat with a 3/29 blend date. This looks like a mannequin/demo the dealer is not allowed to sell and not a cancelled order as no wave 1 orders were built in March. I’d reach out to Ford and let them know about this dealer. Another reason BEVs are going online only.

Reactions: DHK

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
I am having a bit of a problem here with a Morality Story.

This Greedy Dealer is trying to sell a truck at an Excessive Amount over MSRP. Many would say that with even a Dollar over MSRP he would be judged greedy. He will probably end up selling it for some thousands over MSRP to any one of a bunch of fools. In these inflationary times any number of businesses are doing this same thing (ie. Gasoline/Diesel?) and we blame the government.

But.....

Then we have the guy that originally ordered the truck who instead of abandoning the truck, buys it, probably at MSRP. He then, within weeks or months, flips it for thousands of dollars, and then later collects a $7,500.00 Tax Credit (that is not the behavior the credit was meant to encourage and I pay taxes, so part of that $7,500.00 came from my pocket).

It sounds like we are saying he is Smart and the Dealer is Greedy Slime.

According to my Life Code, I think what the Dealer is doing is immoral, excessively so.

But what the truck buyer is doing is both immoral, and illegal. He is committing Tax Fraud. "Oh", you say, "He really did not intend to buy it and immediately resell it." That is just an excuse many of us would use when IRS comes calling. But it is still wrong, although all of this behavior is common nowadays. Then we all complain about that damn rampant inflation.

We should call out any greed, as we individually see it, but please do not encourage flipping in the same breathe and think it is OK.

No real point to this post. Just saying.... (OK to throw rocks at Me :) )
(BTW - I am neither a Donkey nor an Elephant - I am a Conservative on Economics)

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
I'm going to keep mine a year and a day so I can pay the long-term capital gains tax rate on my huge profit.
💰💰💰
Just kidding. I will be hoping to get an early order in for the next Ford BEV truck.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

This Greedy Dealer is trying to sell a truck at an Excessive Amount over MSRP. Many would say that with even a Dollar over MSRP he would be judged greedy. He will probably end up selling it for some thousands over MSRP to any one of a bunch of fools. In these inflationary times any number of businesses are doing this same thing (ie. Gasoline/Diesel?) and we blame the government.

But.....

Then we have the guy that originally ordered the truck who instead of abandoning the truck, buys it, probably at MSRP. He then, within weeks or months, flips it for thousands of dollars, and then later collects a $7,500.00 Tax Credit (that is not the behavior the credit was meant to encourage and I pay taxes, so part of that $7,500.00 came from my pocket).

According to my Life Code, I think what the Dealer is doing is immoral, excessively so.

But what the truck buyer is doing is both immoral, and illegal. He is committing Tax Fraud. "Oh", you say, "He really did not intend to buy it and immediately resell it." That is just an excuse many of us would use when IRS comes calling. But it is still wrong, although all of this behavior is common nowadays. Then we all complain about that damn rampant inflation.

We should call out any greed, as we individually see it, but please do not encourage flipping in the same breathe and think it is OK.

(BTW - I am neither a Donkey nor an Elephant - I am a Conservative on Economics)
To be fair, if you follow capitalist ethics, it would be immoral to NOT get the biggest profit you can. Greed is good right?

p52Ranch

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XLT Lightning, Badlands 7MT, New Holland 4030

But.....

This is a Blue window sticker hence a dealer mannequin. It was not part of anyone's order. Nobody has committed tax fraud.

It does give an idea of what ADM this Fort Walton Beach Ford dealer may charge if they end up with an "abandoned" order. The Ford rules on getting a agreed to price beforehand with the original reservation holder during the wave ordering process was to help firm up the price on delivery for said reservation holder. It doesn't apply to mannequin units nor to abandoned orders.

Per the Ford rules the dealer can't "sell" a mannequin for six months. That doesn't mean they cannot come to an agreement with a customer anytime before the six months is up and delay delivery for six months. There's probably someone with way too much money who will negotiate to buy it based on the $71,000 over sticker ADM.

Regular150

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
I'm right here in Niceville and have purchased from Gary Smith Ford in Fort Walton.

The vehicle is in fact a Demo and not sellable.

The price is there just to do what it's doing, getting clicks and marketing!

Dealer welcomes the foot traffic as well.

Sponsored

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
EV Gypsy
This is a Blue window sticker hence a dealer mannequin. It was not part of anyone's order. Nobody has committed tax fraud.

It does give an idea of what ADM this Fort Walton Beach Ford dealer may charge if they end up with an "abandoned" order. The Ford rules on getting a agreed to price beforehand with the original reservation holder during the wave ordering process was to help firm up the price on delivery for said reservation holder. It doesn't apply to mannequin units nor to abandoned orders.

Per the Ford rules the dealer can't "sell" a mannequin for six months. That doesn't mean they cannot come to an agreement with a customer anytime before the six months is up and delay delivery for six months. There's probably someone with way too much money who will negotiate to buy it based on the $71,000 over sticker ADM.
My Dealer just told me his Mannequin is to be held for 4 months or 4,000 miles.

TheBigBezo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
This is a dealership I am familiar with and it does not surprise me. They're smaller, and have little inventory on the lot right now, so they charge anyone and everyone. They told me it would be 10% minimum ADM plus the dealer adds. My friend had similar problems trying to buy his Bronco. This area of Florida is a weird mix, most of the people around here are military which leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Salesman who used to be in swindling young airmen left and right imho. Doesn't shock me that they would end up here, I'm shocked they even got a mannequin. Give it time, anyone who was a fool enough to order a Lightning through them will get the shakedown, it's the only way for them to generate income moving so few cars these days.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Someone should tweet that picture to Farley /Levine.
Sponsored