• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

WoodduckMN

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt, 2013 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Manager
Just monkeys pushing buttons via the chat. To get anything that is not in the manual still need to call in.

I was asking about why Ford doesn’t have charging set-up like Tesla and GM do to allow us to assign the charging end time and calculate back when it needs to start so the battery is warm when I leave in the morning rather than charging as soon as my lower cost rates start. @Ford Motor Company.#ford The chat team can‘t submit suggestions.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
As frustrating as this sounds, there may be something to it. I am in a similar boat. I have missed some updates but my account says I am all set with the updates. I am beginning to think, since I have not done any of the CSPs, may be some updates are on pause for download and waiting for CSP to be done. I know I may be giving Ford too much credit, but trying to stay positive.
Regardless of CSPs it is known based on reading this forum that most 2023 vehicles have not received updates and there has been no indication from @Ford Motor Company why that is the case.

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
As frustrating as this sounds, there may be something to it. I am in a similar boat. I have missed some updates but my account says I am all set with the updates. I am beginning to think, since I have not done any of the CSPs, may be some updates are on pause for download and waiting for CSP to be done. I know I may be giving Ford too much credit, but trying to stay positive.
Nope. This new CSP will only help if you are getting the updates to download, but they won't install. SOOOO many of us are just not even getting updates on our 2023 (ER models specifically, it seems) and running VIN through FDRS shows that none of any substance are available. I am beginning to think they are having some kinda of SIGNIFICANT issue with software on the ER models and they can't get something to work and aren't releasing the updates to us and aren't telling us SHIT! Like, if there is some problem just come out and say it and let people know why they aren't coming instead of this 'oh you'll get updates when you get them' BS.

designthis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat SR Black 8/21/23 blend
Occupation
Builder
I've had my Lariat SR for exactly 8 weeks and over 3000mi. I have a fast router right next to charger and I've never had a software update. But as far as I'm concerned I don't need one because my truck is absolutely flawless. I'm more worried a software update will screw something up. My guess is that newer trucks are already updated with the most current software and don't really need anything essential that older models may need. If it ain't broke...

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I've had my Lariat SR for exactly 8 weeks and over 3000mi. I have a fast router right next to charger and I've never had a software update. But as far as I'm concerned I don't need one because my truck is absolutely flawless. I'm more worried a software update will screw something up. My guess is that newer trucks are already updated with the most current software and don't really need anything essential that older models may need. If it ain't broke...
Newer trucks actually have older software than the older models. My 2022 Lightning has SOC% on the instrument cluster and Carplay EV routing and my 2023 does not as a couple of examples.

Two features I would use frequently

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
My truck is working great as well and I generally agree with you and am more worried about them screwing something up. Except two changes that seemed to be about the HV battery issues and DCFC components heating up.

They have had had booboos like second version of the same update to fix something they missed and also cases that updates caused problems so I am hoping the pause in updates is intentional and they are trying to get their …. together. If that is the case, I consider it a good thing. I am in favor of batch updates and like to be at the end of the line.

aren't telling us SHIT! Like, if there is some problem just come out and say it
My be they don’t share n case there is a lawyer driving a Lightning. What are the chances of that? Is there any lawyers in the house?

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
This is who you think you are texting with:

Ford F-150 Lightning A Ford EV expert is now only a text away 1705016153990

What is really on the other side:

Ford F-150 Lightning A Ford EV expert is now only a text away 1705016282618

Last edited:

WoodduckMN

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Chevy Bolt, 2013 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Manager
I find the new text support team pretty useless @Ford Motor Company. All they tell me to do is to contact my dealer or someone else.
Sponsored