• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Actual range ? ER and SR.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I'm driving around town and freeway in my ER Lariat and it's telling me I have maybe 240 miles when 100%. Not what I thought it would be but I get it that the weather's getting colder and I have been on the freeway maybe half the time.
Look at the miles per kWh you are getting, multiply by 131 and see if that's close to 240. It should be around 1.8.
Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
If I'm picking things up, moving, etc. (furniture, piano, mattress,) - R1T.

I actually prefer the interior of the Pro.

The Rivian drives bigger than it is, the F-150L drives smaller than it is.

Lower back has not hurt yet on the Pro so I'm ok with the seats of the Pro. Lack of height adjustment isn't ideal for me as I'm not that tall.
More helpful than many youtube comps I have seen. All educational and some surprising especially about utility of R1T; I would have thought bed size and availability of bumper to get into the bed would push you toward Ford for moving, …. Thanks again. I am much less confused now. I am comfortable proceeding with Pro but will hold my Rivian reservation in case something goes wrong with the purchase.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
More helpful than many youtube comps I have seen. All educational and some surprising especially about utility of R1T; I would have thought bed size and availability of bumper to get into the bed would push you toward Ford for moving, …. Thanks again. I am much less confused now. I am comfortable proceeding with Pro but will hold my Rivian reservation in case something goes wrong with the purchase.
The bumper step isn’t available when the tailgate goes down, and I didn’t get the tailgate step (get the tailgate step). The advantage of the R1T is the adjustable suspension. I can lower it, angle it, and level it so that it’s only a couple inches of lift. It ends up being lower than the bumper step. It’s also how I was able to move an upright Piano all by myself onto and off the bed.

When my R1T first came in I said the following about the bed “Oh, no way. This isn’t going to do”

It is TINY. I can’t explain it, but it hasn’t held me back. That trick tailgate works
Ford F-150 Lightning Actual range ?  ER and SR. 38CB8A1C-F6C5-4E0B-86A9-E9C7C48E7D78

Ford F-150 Lightning Actual range ?  ER and SR. 3B04C607-52EE-46A5-B760-C65ECEA2FA60

Edit: One more for the winter. While totally unexpected. The R1T is basically my work truck now and the F-150L makes a better family car for me.
Ford F-150 Lightning Actual range ?  ER and SR. E0676FF8-C78E-4A95-8B3A-FEAA187EDFCB

Last edited:
OP
OP

filmryder

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT ER Agate Black
Occupation
Film and tv
I no can also report, to wrap this whole thread up. In the settings menu on the speedometer dash, accessed through the steering wheel button, there’s a ‘Reser default values’ selection. I tried that tonight. I started with 168 km remaining at 58%.
after resetting the values, I drove for a few minutes and the remaining mileage jumped to 256km remaining at 56%. This means that the previousdriving history if yesterday and last week are accounted for nicely. As a few people have said here. Nice to know!
Thanks for the input. Enjoy your trucks! I still get stopped and asked about the details of the truck j at every charge station and sometimes bay stop lights. Be safe out there!

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
The bumper step isn’t available when the tailgate goes down, and I didn’t get the tailgate step (get the tailgate step). The advantage of the R1T is the adjustable suspension. I can lower it, angle it, and level it so that it’s only a couple inches of lift. It ends up being lower than the bumper step. It’s also how I was able to move an upright Piano all by myself onto and off the bed.

When my R1T first came in I said the following about the bed “Oh, no way. This isn’t going to do”

It is TINY. I can’t explain it, but it hasn’t held me back. That trick tailgate works
38CB8A1C-F6C5-4E0B-86A9-E9C7C48E7D78.jpeg

3B04C607-52EE-46A5-B760-C65ECEA2FA60.jpeg

Edit: One more for the winter. While totally unexpected. The R1T is basically my work truck now and the F-150L makes a better family car for me.
E0676FF8-C78E-4A95-8B3A-FEAA187EDFCB.jpeg
l always thought of R1T as a toy for boys and Lightning as a tool for men. You changed my mind. I have a new respect for Rivian.

twixr3000

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E / 22 Platinum ER
My Platinum LR seems to top out at around 400km now... live on Vancouver Island and a little cooler than normal right now ... have only had the truck for a week or so, so we shall see
Wife's Mach e ER is right there with around the same milage with a much smaller battery pack, we have had it a year now and the milage seemed to increase over time.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
My Platinum LR seems to top out at around 400km now... live on Vancouver Island and a little cooler than normal right now ... have only had the truck for a week or so, so we shall see
Wife's Mach e ER is right there with around the same milage with a much smaller battery pack, we have had it a year now and the milage seemed to increase over time.
mileage...

Yes, the Mach-E and the truck get the same range, except the truck requires 44% more battery to get there. One of the reasons, on top of the price increase and loss of tax credit, I'm unlikely to order one.

Mileage does not increase over time. The car's Guess-O-Meter adjusts to your driving. If you're driving locally, it will go up from new / reset. If you drive highway, it will go down.

OP
OP

filmryder

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning XLT ER Agate Black
Occupation
Film and tv
Very good.
i eolxoerimented and did a reset of the range stats and suddenly I was back to 450km. Then after a few days, and driving my route, Vancouver to Kamloops, at highway speeds, the guess o meter ,range estimator quickly adjusted and now my 100%. Bathe will again be below 375.

Biobob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
It’s all in the way you drive and the temperature.
Try doing the speed limit on cruise control even if you’re only 35. The cruise control will work at any speed and I think you will see a lot better outcomes.
Sponsored