• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2023 XLT Purchase

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT, 2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2021 Expedition
Hey everyone, I’m considering purchasing a lighting. My dealers has a 23 XLT 311A, with row technology package, 9.6KW pro power, tailgate step, and of course the obligatory $500 charging cable for 58. It is a dealer order and should be delivered between 11/11-11/17. I’ve read most of the reviews, watched a bunch of reviews on YouTube, and been stalking the forums here. But I’m new to the whole EV thing. Is there anything I need to look at specifically when I check it out? Is there anything the dealer is required to do before they sell it? I think I remember reading somewhere that they have to hold it 24hrs after delivery before the owner can take it home. Any crazy PDI things that get missed, i.e. yellow spacers on Mustangs? The dealer didn’t take them off my Mach 1.

Just curious, wanna make sure I don’t miss anything. The salesman I talked to today thought the standard battery was only single motor. LOL My usual salesman, was busy, busy as with most of us on the forums we typically know the product better.

Has anyone made a good level kit yet? I want to upgrade tires too, not KO2s, I’m thinking Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws. I have them on my Sierra and my wife’s expedition and really like them. What’s the hit to range when upgrading to something like that? Range doesn’t really bother me, I don’t do long trips in the truck, longest is usually 50miles. So I’m not too worried, just curious. Thanks for the info and sorry for the long post.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BabyDoc1012

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’m pretty sure all Lightning’s are dual motor AWD regardless of battery size.
They are, I just thought it was funny the salesman didn't realize that. They have a Lariat extended range that I test drove today, it is an abandoned order.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I have a 23' XLT standard range and love it. If your dealer sells it at MSRP and honors the incentives and low APRs loans through Ford I'd jump on it if I were you

Sponsored
OP
OP
BabyDoc1012

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a 23' XLT standard range and love it. If your dealer sells it at MSRP and honors the incentives and low APRs loans through Ford I'd jump on it if I were you
That is what I am planning on doing. Our dealer is really good here and the only thing they markup is the raptor, and even then it isn't as much as most others. The salesman is going to call as soon as it gets there and I and gonna check it out when it comes in.

OP
OP
BabyDoc1012

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Make sure you can live with the range.
The range isn't an issue for me. Longest trip I take is 50 miles one way, and with the exception of going to my brother's house, I wouldn't have a problem charging if I need to. I usually just drive the kids to school, run to Lowe's and the dump, even then the loads aren't very much.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
The range isn't an issue for me. Longest trip I take is 50 miles one way, and with the exception of going to my brother's house, I wouldn't have a problem charging if I need to. I usually just drive the kids to school, run to Lowe's and the dump, even then the loads aren't very much.
That's the best usage model for EV. You will LOVE it!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning XLT
SR XLT made the most sense for me. Given your daily commute you'll really love the truck. I am a huge proponent for at-home level 2 charging. It really enhances the owner's experience IMO.

OP
OP
BabyDoc1012

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR XLT made the most sense for me. Given your daily commute you'll really love the truck. I am a huge proponent for at-home level 2 charging. It really enhances the owner's experience IMO.
I plan on getting a level 2 at home, if I do decide to get it. Any recommendations? Yea it seems like the best truck for what i need and do.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
I plan on getting a level 2 at home, if I do decide to get it. Any recommendations? Yea it seems like the best truck for what i need and do.
Check with your power company. Mine offers a few top models for about half off. Juiceboxes for $350, wallboxes for about $400.

OP
OP
BabyDoc1012

BabyDoc1012

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to the forum, buy that truck!!!!