• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Alarm triggering for no apparent reason!

TBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER+Tow Tech & Max Tow; Anti Matter Blue
So last night my 2023 Lariat Alarm was triggered! There was no obvious reason, the Tailgate was NOT opening and closing on it own! There wasn’t any other discernible cause.

My solution was to get in the car, turn it on and then turn it off and went back to bed luckily the Alarm did not trigger again.

I was just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them.
Sponsored

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
So last night my 2023 Lariat Alarm was triggered! There was no obvious reason, the Tailgate was NOT opening and closing on it own! There wasn’t any other discernible cause.

My solution was to get in the car, turn it on and then turn it off and went back to bed luckily the Alarm did not trigger again.

Probably just Securialert saying goodbye to you before it takes its leave from us on 5/15/2023.

OP
OP

TBA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER+Tow Tech & Max Tow; Anti Matter Blue
Why is it going away? What does it do?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL

Happened to me a few weeks ago at work, I got a notice on Apple Watch via Fordpass app that the alarm was going off and then a coworker called and let me know it was going off. I was parked in an adjacent overflow parking lot that has very very little traffic and virtually no foot traffic ever. The only thing that was out of norm is my car mount is suction cup and falls from time to time off where I have it mounted underneath the Truck Start button. Only thing I can think is that it landing on the floor was enough detectable movement to trigger the alarm?

Sponsored

Jim657

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning Lariat , 22 Mach E GT
If your window is open, or somebody was sitting in the locked car. The motion sensor could’ve set it off. I went into the store the other day. My daughter was just waited in the car but I had locked it and took the phone as keys and it went off. I wasn’t getting notifications when I upgraded my phone at first, so I wanted to check that I was getting FordPass notifications once I reinstalled the app so I open the window on the Lightning, locked it, and then stuck my hand in the open window and sure enough the alarm went off.

jefrank

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2004 BMW 330Ci
Happened to me a few weeks ago at work, I got a notice on Apple Watch via Fordpass app that the alarm was going off and then a coworker called and let me know it was going off. I was parked in an adjacent overflow parking lot that has very very little traffic and virtually no foot traffic ever. The only thing that was out of norm is my car mount is suction cup and falls from time to time off where I have it mounted underneath the Truck Start button. Only thing I can think is that it landing on the floor was enough detectable movement to trigger the alarm?
That may explain the alarm trigger alert I got while my truck was parked at the airport, but nothing was amiss when I got back. My dashcam came unstuck from the windshield and might have swung enough to hit the rearview mirror.

MontanaLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
I keep getting the frunk alarm for no reason.

Ford F-150 Lightning Alarm triggering for no apparent reason! Screenshot_2023-10-13-07-33-02-73_f85a9dcae275ee1e0920d804e6924647

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I keep getting the frunk alarm for no reason.

Screenshot_2023-10-13-07-33-02-73_f85a9dcae275ee1e0920d804e6924647.jpg
This happened to me, same message re: Hood. The cause was a low 12v battery due to a mystery battery drain that has since remedied itself. The truck had been sitting, plugged in, for a week while I was on vacation.

MontanaLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning
This only happens after driving the truck to a location and locking the doors.