• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
What action did they take to deserve an additional $10k on top of what they will make on a custom order?
I was just stating the fact. If I have not ordered a Lariat ER, this would be my dream opportunity.

Search My post, I started a thread and asked why do we need dealers to buy a Lightning.
Sponsored

Beans

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX, Toyota 4 Runner
I take the view from 50,000 ft. In my case my truck as ordered will be around $80K + lic and fees = $88K. If the dealer adds another $10K (which they said they wouldn't) then Im looking at ~coughing up $100K for a whiz-bang amazing electric truck. Also I expect I might get back $7500 in fed taxes that will bring that down to $~92K. This whiz-bang truck will be cheap to run but is going to have some down sides. Not only early adopter issues but also road trips are going to have some frustrations compared to buying an ICE vehicle. I could buy an ICE F150 lariat for ~ $70K + lic and fees= $77K. Do I want a whiz bang truck with some issues at $92K compared to tried and true at less than $80K? Also, given the cheaper to run on the electric truck - how much to save in gas? I think it vastly depends on miles per month. In my case, 1000 miles per month.

My bottom line is: Im not sure. I think with my 1000 miles/month logic would point me to the ICE vehicle if dealer adds $10K. On the other hand, YOLO. :cool:

The "funny" thing is if you believe the analysis above the $10K makes all of the difference. Wihotut the $10K it is a no brainer.

steve
12k miles/year, $4 gas, 0.14 kWh electric = about 2k per year savings. So, in 5 years that’s $10k

Although, I’d have a hard time paying ADM just on principal.