• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Android auto wont connect, wireless app projection will.not enable

Skeighle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 tacoma, 2013 crv, lightning preorder
Did anyone find a solution to this? Just got my 22 lariat back from having the 12v replaced, now android auto won't work. Wireless app projection won't toggle or enable. Reconnecting the phone has not worked. Neither has resetting the center screen, nor turning the truck off and coming back after awhile.

Ford F-150 Lightning Android auto wont connect, wireless app projection will.not enable 20230910_175606
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Try disabling auto-connect for all the stored SSID's on your cell phone that are in range of place your trying to resolve this issue, it sounds like another device in range is jumping the gun preventing the Lightning from gaining access to your mobile device.

I had issues with my home wifi jumping to the head of the line and interrupting the phones android auto from connecting to the projection SSID.

Once you get it to connect, edit that Lightnings projection SSID to allow automatic connect in the future, this should improve your experience substantially.

The only caveat, is that if you are done driving the truck and heading into the house / work / Cafe, you'll need to manually connect to the relevant SSID, I know this is inconvenient and some of our members expressed displeasure with the solution, but it is what it is.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Side note: since this is a matter of issues after repair, possibly forgetting all older connections related to the truck, bluetooth and projection SSID pairing and start from scratch.

OP
OP

Skeighle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 tacoma, 2013 crv, lightning preorder
Thank you so much
Sponsored