• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Any taillights anti-theft solutions?

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I was gonna say...never heard of that. I wasn't aware the Lightning tail lights would work on any other F-150. But I really haven't looked into it either.
They won't fit another F150. The bodyside is completely different. But that might make them even more valuable to thieves.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
They won't fit another F150. The bodyside is completely different. But that might make them even more valuable to thieves.
So any F-150 Lightning taillights you find on Ebay are by default assumed to be stolen then? That would make sense. Especially if the seller is in TX. :p

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
So any F-150 Lightning taillights you find on Ebay are by default assumed to be stolen then? That would make sense. Especially if the seller is in TX. :p
I hate to assume anything. They could be salvaged from a wrecked truck.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
ohhhh ok .. cant wait to see :))
Looks like the guys are in Dallas, if the part needs tweaking for a Lightning maybe they'd trade you a finished product for having a Lightning to measure and test fit.

ExCivilian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 RAM 2500 5.9L Cummins; '22 Lariat ER
Can someone please explain why closing and locking the tailgate doesn't prevent this sort of theft? I looked at the photos posted earlier but didn't see an explanation.

OP
OP
TexasGardeningGirl

TexasGardeningGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT
Can someone please explain why closing and locking the tailgate doesn't prevent this sort of theft? I looked at the photos posted earlier but didn't see an explanation.
because the thieves can easily open a locked tailgate apparently just takes them a second.

Halbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Engineer
because the thieves can easily open a locked tailgate apparently just takes them a second.
If it takes them a moment to open a locked tailgate, it would only take a moment more to remove whatever other deterrent you choose to put on. Unfortunately someone who wants your taillights will get them no matter what precautions you take short of paying someone to sit in the bed all day.

Sponsored

LUXMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning PRO and XLT
Occupation
Pilot
If it takes them a moment to open a locked tailgate, it would only take a moment more to remove whatever other deterrent you choose to put on. Unfortunately someone who wants your taillights will get them no matter what precautions you take short of paying someone to sit in the bed all day.
This shows the way that the locked tailgates can easily be opened.
This particular solution would cover those holes. It appears to be a good solution
https://latchlid.com/learn-more

Wsl346

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Volvo XC60 T8, Many Bicycles
This shows the way that the locked tailgates can easily be opened.
This particular solution would cover those holes. It appears to be a good solution
https://latchlid.com/learn-more
Maybe it’s unique to the power tailgates or I wasn’t doing it right but I was unable to unlock my lariat’s tailgate using the method described by Latchlid. I could easily get my finger/tool in the access hole but the latch itself would not budge. The second method doesn’t seem like an issue because of the work surface covering it.

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning & 22 Mach-E
So… just asking for a friend, but has anyone seen any passenger side tail lights floating around on eBay? :)
Ford F-150 Lightning Any taillights anti-theft solutions? B5C42CFC-5250-45CB-84CC-9B355B2C65C4
Sponsored