• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Anybody else notice the slight "Click" when starting off either in forward or reverse?

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Mine just started to make this clicking noise 2 days ago after 2500 miles :(
I plan to have a road trip next week, should I be concerned?
Maybe I should take it to the dealer this week to apply the TSB??
There’s no safety concern at all, but if they can order the parts and get you in this week, I’d do it. Then you don’t have to hear those annoying pops at very least every time you accelerate.
Sponsored

Eastbaylightning

First Name
Antz Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
There’s no safety concern at all, but if they can order the parts and get you in this week, I’d do it. Then you don’t have to hear this annoying pops at very least every time you accelerate.
Cool, thanks. I will call them to make sure they can get it done this week, if not I will wait until I get back.
It was scary when I hear some dealers told our forum members that loose bolts.

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Cool, thanks. I will call them to make sure they can get it done this week, if not I will wait until I get back.
It was scary when I hear some dealers told our forum members that loose bolts.
Yeah… that’s the trouble of having a first-gen vehicle that most dealers don’t know how to work on. Thankful for factory TSBs though.

Fast4U

First Name
William smallwood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat 511a
Occupation
Sales
Ive noticed this since day one and never thought anything of it till I had the level and tires installed, the tech was questioning the noise but never dug into it.

gg1919

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER - Star White Metallic
Just wanted to chime in on this. Mine made the sound since I took delivery in Sept. Kind of just ignored it since it wasn't that bad, and couldn't be heard with the windows up (all winter around here). Finally took it in last week to the dealer, they verified the sound and ordered the parts for TSB 22-2395. I took it back in yesterday and they did the repair. She's dead quiet now, which is nice!

It's funny, it's not THAT bad of a sound, but once it's gone, it's immediately noticeable! Like subconsciously I'm expecting the click/pop and it feels weird that it's not there!

Bonus, I had them rotate my tires (free because they were off the truck anyways) since I'm at 10k mi. Saves me from having to do it in the driveway.

Sponsored

Tomwilli2025

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Sales
Just wanted to chime in on this. Mine made the sound since I took delivery in Sept. Kind of just ignored it since it wasn't that bad, and couldn't be heard with the windows up (all winter around here). Finally took it in last week to the dealer, they verified the sound and ordered the parts for TSB 22-2395. I took it back in yesterday and they did the repair. She's dead quiet now, which is nice!

It's funny, it's not THAT bad of a sound, but once it's gone, it's immediately noticeable! Like subconsciously I'm expecting the click/pop and it feels weird that it's not there!

Bonus, I had them rotate my tires (free because they were off the truck anyways) since I'm at 10k mi. Saves me from having to do it in the driveway.
Agreed. I took delivery in September and had the TSB done in late March on both front and rear. Unfortunately the clicking has returned. I need to have the dealer look at it again.

gg1919

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER - Star White Metallic
Agreed. I took delivery in September and had the TSB done in late March on both front and rear. Unfortunately the clicking has returned. I need to have the dealer look at it again.
Yikes! Hoping it doesn't come back. Just curious, have you heard this from other owners before too?

Westfurd

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
I’ve also had this issue since day one and I took it in to the dealer and was told I have to wait because parts are back ordered. No ETA on when they might get them. It’s been a month already. This is ridiculous for truck that costs nearly $100k.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I’ve also had this issue since day one and I took it in to the dealer and was told I have to wait because parts are back ordered. No ETA on when they might get them. It’s been a month already. This is ridiculous for truck that costs nearly $100k.
On what price vehicle would you consider this acceptable?

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
There is no backorder on the parts

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Maybe if you take this TSB in with you and ask to see where they ordered the parts against your VIN... service advisor should be able to show you on their screen when they pull up your VIN.

And if they can't...well that's a further discussion.....

Attachments

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
On what price vehicle would you consider this acceptable?
Well, If I am buying a vehicles in the $5k or $6k range, I will expect some weird noises!

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
I was also told they were backordered but my guess is they didn't actually order the parts when diagnosed on my visit 2 months prior.

Finally got the parts in and completed, still clicks when starting/stopping, no noticeable difference for me.

CallOnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning SR
Really? Then it wasn’t the TSB because mine went silent. Do you have a video? Maybe we can diagnose.
I was also told they were backordered but my guess is they didn't actually order the parts when diagnosed on my visit 2 months prior.

Finally got the parts in and completed, still clicks when starting/stopping, no noticeable difference for me.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Really? Then it wasn’t the TSB because mine went silent. Do you have a video? Maybe we can diagnose.
Thanks for the offer - I don't have video but I'll try to record sometime. It doesn't really bother me that much so I just sort of ignore it at this point.
Sponsored