• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Quiet mode? Please stop the bells, tones and hums

dww

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L, Tesla 3P, YP
Has anyone disconnected the backup warning tone and or door chimes, seatbelt warnings etc.? We arrived at our maiden travel trailer camp spot a few nights ago. We were late and it was already dark. I’m not the best at backing a travel trailer and it took several time for me to get out and survey the spot, get back in, make an approach, re-adjust and start over. Every time was this chorus of door open chime, door step present, power on chime, door shut, step present close, seat belt chime, reverse on warning (plus four dogs whining). I just wanted it all to shut up and let me back up my silent magic truck. Is it just me?
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
No, it’s not just you. I too feel like this truck has a ton of unnecessary tones , beep and bells.

I have been successful in turning off the Key in Vehicle warning when you get out with your phone or fob in your pocket aswellas the seatbelt chime for the driver. Those are accessible in the center screen.

There is a thread out here where others have silenced the frunk beeper as well.

Happy Hunting!! Happy New Year.

Maddogaxl

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2023 lightning
Has anyone disconnected the backup warning tone and or door chimes, seatbelt warnings etc.? We arrived at our maiden travel trailer camp spot a few nights ago. We were late and it was already dark. I’m not the best at backing a travel trailer and it took several time for me to get out and survey the spot, get back in, make an approach, re-adjust and start over. Every time was this chorus of door open chime, door step present, power on chime, door shut, step present close, seat belt chime, reverse on warning (plus four dogs whining). I just wanted it all to shut up and let me back up my silent magic truck. Is it just me?
Definitely interested! Is @ford watching this thread? Regarding the backup beep, someone once told me it’s a commercial truck requirement due to weight. I have no idea if true or not

KingStraasha

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Antimatter Blue
The backup beeping is mandatory for all electric vehicles now. It is due to EVs being silent and warning pedestrians that you are backing up.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Ford can not turn off the back up alarm due to it being a legal requirement now. I work on Firetrucks and we just put painters tape over the speaker while being worked on in the shop, its still there but and it seems loud up close but from 15-20 feet is barely noticeable, might be a non permanent solution for you.

Reactions: dww

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I’d vote for a silent mode. Seems like something that has to be activated every time should still meet a safety requirement. I mean if people are dumb enough to walk around with headphones and staring at a phone, that damn beeping that wakes the dead isn’t helping them anyway.

BuzzLightning2023

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
92 Explorer,94 F150,06 Avalanche,05 F250,11 F150
I’d vote for a silent mode. Seems like something that has to be activated every time should still meet a safety requirement. I mean if people are dumb enough to walk around with headphones and staring at a phone, that damn beeping that wakes the dead isn’t helping them anyway.
I’ll definitely look into silencing the seat belt alarm. I literally feel naked if my seatbelt is off— no need for the alarm. I turn the touchy parking sensors off and the cameras on when I’m parking or doing any tight low speed maneuvering.
Sponsored