• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
hang on... you can't adjust the seat or you speaking of power adjustment?
It moves forward and backward at the seat level on the track (2 ways), and the seat back can move forward and backwards (2 more ways). So 4 ways total, hence “4 way seats”.

Worth noting that excludes any vertical lift. If you’ve been in a bronco or Jeep they typically have a lever you can pump up to elevate the seat. That’s not present here. Also the pedals don’t move in the pro so that also impacts seating position.
Does that help?

I guess for me personally I was very concerned about the limitations but didn’t find it to be an issue. The bigger gripe was the temperature of the vinyl
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
What do you mean? The lariat has great seats, I was referring to what they’re using in the Pro.
Which, for what it’s worth is much different from my bronco that had marine grade vinyl seats. Those are great
My mistake. The conversion turned to the Lariat seats for a moment and I forgot you have the Pro.

I apologize.

bmagn

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pro Lightning, 2005 TJ Wrangler
@Mcalc55 What floor mats did you put in? There are no retention hooks correct? Tuxmat says they only work with retention hook setups so I dont know what to get.
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
@Mcalc55 What floor mats did you put in? There are no retention hooks correct? Tuxmat says they only work with retention hook setups so I dont know what to get.
Thanks in advance.
I have tuxmat in there. I ordered a set of husky ones too but they have the spikes on the other side and I doubt they’ll stay put. I’ll likely return them. The tux do have the retention post holes but are form fit well enough they stay put

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Regarding running boards, does anyone actually use them, or is it mainly for the look? The ones on my 17 F150 do nothing but collect road dirt - lots of it. The steel mounting brackets are rusting. I’m considering removing them.

ETA….don’t mind the haters. Sharing opinion through videos such as yours is valuable, especially to those without a truck yet.
I never use them, and get annoyed if I'm dressed up it ends up getting my slacks dirty. But my kids can't get in the truck w/o them.

bmagn

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pro Lightning, 2005 TJ Wrangler
I have tuxmat in there. I ordered a set of husky ones too but they have the spikes on the other side and I doubt they’ll stay put. I’ll likely return them. The tux do have the retention post holes but are form fit well enough they stay put

Appreciate it. Thanks. Do you have the front and back tuxmat?

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Appreciate it. Thanks. Do you have the front and back tuxmat?
I do indeed. They fit pretty well with the exception of some folds look like they might be creases but it’s hard to tell. I think overall they’re great. I’ve heard if you reach out directly they can handle pieces that are creased permanently from shipping

Stlww18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro, 6/3 blend date
Hmm, they told me they don't recommend them for the Pro since the lack of retention hooks presents a safety issue with the mat potentially sliding under the brake or catching accelerator.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
Hmm, they told me they don't recommend them for the Pro since the lack of retention hooks presents a safety issue with the mat potentially sliding under the brake or catching accelerator.
For sure a reasonable statement. I’m absolutely on board with that and remember the Simpsons episode where the grapefruit gets stuck under the brake in the school bus…

anyway I’ll take a look but there’s zero shifting cause it’s such a big mat and it’s form fit. I’ll include it in the next video :)

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Both Ford and Weathertech offer mats for the vinyl floor. I don’t have my Pro yet, so I don’t know what is to isn’t there for retention. I’m going to buy the Weathertech mats and see if they fit when my truck shows up.

plucas005

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Pro, Tesla MY
I know the Ford Pass hasn’t had full functionality yet but would be cool to see what capabilities you have on the Pro trim. Was kind of expecting that you would touch on it in disappointments.

OP
OP

Mcalc55

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Pro
I know the Ford Pass hasn’t had full functionality yet but would be cool to see what capabilities you have on the Pro trim. Was kind of expecting that you would touch on it in disappointments.
Actually that’s a good point. Wasn’t aware of differences until phone as a key was released? I can really just turn it on and unlock, turn on lights. Turn on isn’t really climate control like my tesla but it helps. What can others do?

plucas005

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Pro, Tesla MY
Actually that’s a good point. Wasn’t aware of differences until phone as a key was released? I can really just turn it on and unlock, turn on lights. Turn on isn’t really climate control like my tesla but it helps. What can others do?
Honestly not sure. Hasn’t been thoroughly covered from owners yet, at least from what I’ve seen. Would you include the capabilities you have with your pro in an upcoming video? Maybe you would inspire others to talk more about it.

would be cool to compare to Tesla app too… I’ll send my Venmo for a 10% cut on video revenue😉

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
Honestly not sure. Hasn’t been thoroughly covered from owners yet, at least from what I’ve seen. Would you include the capabilities you have with your pro in an upcoming video? Maybe you would inspire others to talk more about it.

would be cool to compare to Tesla app too… I’ll send my Venmo for a 10% cut on video revenue😉
not the Pro but it’s pretty similar on the XLT. Turn on/off. Lock/unlock and Horns. The app is positively spartan compared to Tesla. Turning on is what I do to pre cool the car before leaving work and seems to work great.
Sponsored