• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blue Oval Network specifics

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
From what I know Blue Oval consolidates payment systems from several charger brands into one system with the credit card set up in the Ford Pass app, most importantly allowing for Plug & Charge.

Since they do not use the Electrify America pass+ account info the session costs are much greater, so I forfeit the Plug & Charge feature due to that. It’s a bummer that Ford needs to fix.

Does Blue Oval use the membership plans for other networks?
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
From what I know Blue Oval consolidates payment systems from several charger brands into one system with the credit card set up in the Ford Pass app, most importantly allowing for Plug & Charge.

Since they do not use the Electrify America pass+ account info the session costs are much greater, so I forfeit the Plug & Charge feature due to that. It’s a bummer that Ford needs to fix.

Does Blue Oval use the membership plans for other networks?
No.

BlueOval Network rolled out a $50 a year plan last year, which gave you the same discount as Pass+. It was quickly pulled back, when it didn't give the discount, and has not yet been rolled back out.

Pass+ is $4 per month for a roughly 25% discount. If you travel 12 months a year, they'd basically be equal. But if you only travel say 4 months a year, Pass+ would be $16, vs. $50 for the Ford plan. You can upgrade to Pass+, then downgrade right away, and it takes effect in 30 days.

The other big difference is DATA. EA keeps all your history, with a dozen or so parameters, which can be downloaded from the app. Ford keeps very little data, for a short period, and then it's gone. They do send an email, but it also has much less data.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
So far I’ve charged 3 times (2 locations) at EA using the Blue Oval network (plug and charge) and I still have the full 250 kWh in my account. If they want to keep giving me free charges I’ll keep using it but if it ever runs out I’ll just use the EA or other network apps.

OP
OP

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
So far I’ve charged 3 times (2 locations) at EA using the Blue Oval network (plug and charge) and I still have the full 250 kWh in my account. If they want to keep giving me free charges I’ll keep using it but if it ever runs out I’ll just use the EA or other network apps.
Nice! I wonder if this is a known bug or something. I typically use those credits when EA is per kWh, and pay when it’s by the minute.

Update: this worked just once for me, then they started deducting credits.

Last edited:

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I have a card setup in blue oval network since getting the lightning. I've been getting mostly free charges from EA but Ford has been deducting them from my free 250kw when it should be complimentary from EA. Today I charged free at EA with no more Ford credits and Ford charged my card.. WTF
So I was robbed of my Ford credits when EA was complimentary and now getting credit card charged when EA say complimentary. I will call Ford today

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have a card setup in blue oval network since getting the lightning. I've been getting mostly free charges from EA but Ford has been deducting them from my free 250kw when it should be complimentary from EA. Today I charged free at EA with no more Ford credits and Ford charged my card.. WTF
So I was robbed of my Ford credits when EA was complimentary and now getting credit card charged when EA say complimentary. I will call Ford today
Turn off Plug and Charge...

OP
OP

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
This has happened to me too. Crappy EA software advertises complimentary and then takes our credits..

Rick’s is a good solution, especially if you use just EA anyway since Plug & Charge doesn’t use the EA + member pricing.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
My plug n charge button in app is and has been greyed out since day one. When I click to turn on the app spins and comes back still grey. I went into ford.com and canceled blue oval connected services, I will see what that does at next complimentary charge.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
My plug n charge button in app is and has been greyed out since day one. When I click to turn on the app spins and comes back still grey. I went into ford.com and canceled blue oval connected services, I will see what that does at next complimentary charge.
After your done burning through the free credits, you need to have a method of payment set up in connected services, blue oval charge network, leave this setup and standing buy, note pulling up the details of connected service is slow.....
Ford F-150 Lightning Blue Oval Network specifics 1673624718070

Once that is operational, a few minutes to a day delay until they confirm method of payment is valid, then you will be able to toggle the P&C switch, I generally keep it off when I'm using my EA members account to get discounted 24c/min rate vs public 32c/min (which Blue Oval will charge you)

On the rare occasion I use another in network provider for whom I do not have a members account ie. ChargePoint, then I come here and switch it on, so the session is automatically billed to my on record CC.

Note that system response is SLOW getting into Blue Oval Charge Network

Ford F-150 Lightning Blue Oval Network specifics 1673624960060
Ford F-150 Lightning Blue Oval Network specifics 1673624981427
Ford F-150 Lightning Blue Oval Network specifics 1673625008829

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver
Occupation
Retired
This is what I plan to do. So, how well does EA work without it enabled? Do you have to activate the charger via app and then plug in?
My memory is foggy from last August, but it was streamlined literally just plug in the truck, the EA system recognized the trucks VIN as a complementary account and the credits were consumed, I burned mine up during a couple days worth of trailer towing tests.

And now with the switch mostly off, yes I enable the charging terminal on the EA app first, then immediate plug in, note my last experience was glitchy because EA servers or the terminal was not communicating well, so I pull up to another stall which worked perfectly.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
A year ago, when EA had complimentary charging, I used P&C and my Ford kWh balance was not deducted. I know EA has “updated” their software since then.

queuewho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
My memory is foggy from last August, but it was streamlined literally just plug in the truck, the EA system recognized the trucks VIN as a complementary account and the credits were consumed, I burned mine up during a couple days worth of trailer towing tests.

And now with the switch mostly off, yes I enable the charging terminal on the EA app first, then immediate plug in, note my last experience was glitchy because EA servers or the terminal was not communicating well, so I pull up to another stall which worked perfectly.
Considering turning off plug and charge for an upcoming trip even though I have some kwh left. I want to see the entire trip from start to finish with EA's pricing. I'll use those kwh some other time.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
After your done burning through the free credits, you need to have a method of payment set up in connected services, blue oval charge network, leave this setup and standing buy, note pulling up the details of connected service is slow.....
1673624718070.png

Once that is operational, a few minutes to a day delay until they confirm method of payment is valid, then you will be able to toggle the P&C switch.
I have had a card registered with Ford charge network from day one and the connect toggle has always been grayed out. Yet I have been plug n charge with no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is what I plan to do. So, how well does EA work without it enabled? Do you have to activate the charger via app and then plug in?
Open EA app.
Find charger.
Activate charger in app.
Plug in.

Considering turning off plug and charge for an upcoming trip even though I have some kwh left. I want to see the entire trip from start to finish with EA's pricing. I'll use those kwh some other time.
Then turn on Pass+ the morning of the trip.
Sponsored