• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Bluecruise OTA Status?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
I also bought a 2021 Platinum in Jan 2021. Everything has worked fine on my truck except the OTA update. You took your truck to dealer to install Blue Cruise? Were you told why it wouldn’t load via OTA? Also I have had a problem getting the slide button on for the automatic updates. It takes several try’s and that’s only after using two fingers on the slide button and area to left of slide button at same time. Take several tries but eventually the slide button will stay on……..until I switch truck off and after switching it back on I find the slide button in off position. I am in my garage and my wifi is connected to truck. Also I set the date and time for updates and that goes away after switching truck off also. Didn’t know if you experienced similar issue. Also what about other routine updates? As far as I know my truck has not updated OTA anything. Never have used this type of tech before so I am kind of lost on it. Any help would be appreciated
You are actually describing the classic description of the state that OTA has left many thousands of trucks in, and as a result broke the OTA ability to go further.

The recent TSB for the APIM update using the various USB cables and ethernet adapter addresses exactly where your truck is stuck.

It's actually fixable with FDRS and the conventional ODB adapter, but can require considerable patience to overcome.
Sponsored

Jimmy Young

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-F150 lariat
After 35 days at the dealer for my intelligent cruise control lane center not EVER working on my truck I finally got it back. They put on 300 miles while it was there as they kept testing it. I have a whole thread on my troubles under suspension and steering. They changed out 3 different modules including the cruise control one. I also was way behind on updates and now have Revision 358 software version 22028 not sure why but I don't see no 2.5.2 or anything like that.

Any who seems to be up date and now have Blue Cruise. Tested it for 7 miles on way home from dealer. Finally my Truck now has lane centering working. Blue Cruise worked good. Now I just need to get on the approved HWY and see how it does hands free and when im approaching 18 wheelers.

Timuh60

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Safety Manager
17 days in service so far. Replace one part that I know of... still can't get BC to work. Said they are still trying to figure it out.

mflynndelta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Would help if they conveyed accurately what "last module will not stick" means literally.

The final update(s) that enables BC is actually four modules and their updates are chained together. In other words, even though FDRS does not present them as linked together, if you attempt any one of the four, the update procedure automatically launches the next update in the group, rather than just completing the one you just applied.
Please FORD I beg you !!! can someone call my delaer at 7AM Monday Morning to help them finish the updates ? They got half way and then clim the updates will not go further ?
University Ford in Durham, NC

Please FORD step up and help !!!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I'm just guessing, but @-Ford here on the forum is a long ways disconnected from being able to help a service technician succeed at doing module updates.

It'd be more effective if someone called a tech and pointed them at the FDRS update thread right here on the forum. :)

There's now more F150 owners that know how to enable Bluecruise than there are dealership employees that have done so.

Sponsored

Jack in Prescott

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB, 2014 Mazda3
Ken, as Bruce pointed out (above), you seem to have the classic symptoms for OTA failure. I finished Dealer visit #3 today to deal with this problem - 4 days in the shop! -and they proudly announced I had OTA capability. I got in the car and found it wasn't working. How this kind of incompetence happens back in the shop is difficult to imagine, but my assumption now is that my Ford dealer is incapable of solving this issue. (BC was also supposed to be uploaded. "We need a cable...." was today's explanation for no BC, whereas on Tuesday it was a sure thing). I suspect a number of us with this OTA failure are going back to dealers who are incapable of addressing this issue right now.

mflynndelta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Ken, as Bruce pointed out (above), you seem to have the classic symptoms for OTA failure. I finished Dealer visit #3 today to deal with this problem - 4 days in the shop! -and they proudly announced I had OTA capability. I got in the car and found it wasn't working. How this kind of incompetence happens back in the shop is difficult to imagine, but my assumption now is that my Ford dealer is incapable of solving this issue. (BC was also supposed to be uploaded. "We need a cable...." was today's explanation for no BC, whereas on Tuesday it was a sure thing). I suspect a number of us with this OTA failure are going back to dealers who are incapable of addressing this issue right now.
Is there any Ford owners in Raleigh, NC that can help ?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you were near coastal Texas, (South of the big city Houston), I'd love to "unstuck" your truck. :)

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum, 2013 Mustang
I feel your pain. I'm retrieving my truck from the shop Monday for the same reason. They just plain couldn't get it to work. It's obviously not the fault of the technicians all around the country, it's got to be a software problem and it's Fords fault.

My truck, and all the rest of us Job 1 owners, came out of the factory incomplete. But Job 2 trucks manufactured maybe a week after the Job 1s came out complete. The software was ready for primetime while the Job 1s were being assembled but it wasn't activated. And now we've got this mess to figure out.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@cool rod

Why do you feel the software was ready for Job1 trucks at the time they were manufactured?

And although I too have sympathy for the techs that aren't trained for this new skillset, some of them are successfully updating the Job1 trucks and some aren't. It's doable, but you can't declare failure at the first sign error message, so to speak.

Sponsored

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Job 2 trucks were manufactured from July 6th onward with complete BlueCruise installed. BlueCruise wasn't magically created then, it was ready to go. If you had the last Job 1 truck made it wouldn't have it, but the first Job 2 truck would.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just came home from the dealer. They couldn't get BlueCruise to install, kept getting error messages. But I also needed OTA 1.7.1 installed and they didn't try to do that. Can BlueCruise be installed manually if 1.7.1 is still broken?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
To enable Bluecruise, it would take a whole host of updates to several modules. And just the APIM at 1.7.1 is about 3 or 4 APIM updates behind Bluecruise.

Or put another way, Bluecruise isn't just a Bluecruise update. It's at least APIM, IPC, IPMA, CCM, GWM, PSCM, TCU module updates.

cool rod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks Snakebitten. So 1.7.1 needs to be fixed before anything else will work? That might be where the BlueCruise install jumped the tracks. Now I think maybe I should get 1.7.1 done and simply wait until the OTA process installs whatever I need for BlueCruise.

Cheers
Sponsored