• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Brake Coach Won't Toggle On/Off Help Please!

bertk5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Hello everyone!

I hope everyone has enjoyed their Lightnings so far. I joined this forum just specifically to ask for help. I have had my Lightning for about week now and I am having issues with my Brake Coach.

When I go into the settings on the instrument cluster I am unable to toggle the Brake Coach either on or off. It is currently set to on, but nothing happens when I press the OK button to take it off. The OK button works fine because I can adjust the settings fine when I press the button. The other odd thing is at times when I am driving I can see on the display that the Break Coach is off and then will randomly be checked again. I am not getting any breaking feedback associated with the feature either.

I have tried switching to different drive modes and that did not do anything. It was recommended that I try a reset from the settings menu and that did not do anything either. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so any tips on how to fix it? I assume it is probably a software issue, but I would really hate to have to take it in to the dealer to get looked at at. I would really appreciate any tips, feedback, or fixes. Thanks!
Sponsored

MichaelCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER, 22 Model 3 LR, 16 Stang GT
I noticed mine toggling back on when i switch to a different profile and back, but my toggle with OK does work. can you change to a different profile and try again?

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Agreed. Checking which profile you are in would be my first place to look. Your prifile will be active when you open the door with the fob you assigned to your profile. You can also press the memory seat button to get to your profile. It's pretty easy to end up in guest mode when you use the keypad to unlock it or do remote start.

My next step would be to reset Sync by holding the volume down and next song buttons on the steering wheel.

OP
OP

bertk5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
Thanks for the recommendations. Unfortunately, no luck on the fix. The issue happened before I ever made a profile so now when I switch between my recently created profile and the guest, or turn off profiles all together it still does not work. The reset of SYNC did not help either. I have posted a video that I sent to the dealership, so you can see how it just does not respond. Thanks again for the replies

flrsb62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Agreed. Checking which profile you are in would be my first place to look. Your prifile will be active when you open the door with the fob you assigned to your profile. You can also press the memory seat button to get to your profile. It's pretty easy to end up in guest mode when you use the keypad to unlock it or do remote start.

My next step would be to reset Sync by holding the volume down and next song buttons on the steering wheel.
Hello everyone!

I hope everyone has enjoyed their Lightnings so far. I joined this forum just specifically to ask for help. I have had my Lightning for about week now and I am having issues with my Brake Coach.

When I go into the settings on the instrument cluster I am unable to toggle the Brake Coach either on or off. It is currently set to on, but nothing happens when I press the OK button to take it off. The OK button works fine because I can adjust the settings fine when I press the button. The other odd thing is at times when I am driving I can see on the display that the Break Coach is off and then will randomly be checked again. I am not getting any breaking feedback associated with the feature either.

I have tried switching to different drive modes and that did not do anything. It was recommended that I try a reset from the settings menu and that did not do anything either. Has this happened to anyone else, and if so any tips on how to fix it? I assume it is probably a software issue, but I would really hate to have to take it in to the dealer to get looked at at. I would really appreciate any tips, feedback, or fixes. Thanks!
I am having the same issue. How did you resolve the problem?

Sponsored
OP
OP

bertk5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning
So far nothing has been resolved. I have had my truck at the dealership twice. My dealer has an open ticket with the Ford “hotline” which I’m told has to be answered.

Ford told the dealership tech to rebuild every module and make sure all the updates are current. He did those things and had some success. At one point it was functioning, but after coming back from some time away it was no longer working again.

The programming tech thinks it’s some sort of software glitch that eventually is going to be resolved at some point during upcoming updates. I will be checking back with the dealership in about a week to see if they have received an update. Hoping to get it resolved soon!

flrsb62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
So far nothing has been resolved. I have had my truck at the dealership twice. My dealer has an open ticket with the Ford “hotline” which I’m told has to be answered.

Ford told the dealership tech to rebuild every module and make sure all the updates are current. He did those things and had some success. At one point it was functioning, but after coming back from some time away it was no longer working again.

The programming tech thinks it’s some sort of software glitch that eventually is going to be resolved at some point during upcoming updates. I will be checking back with the dealership in about a week to see if they have received an update. Hoping to get it resolved soon!
Well, that is not what I had hoped to hear. It's not a big deal but for 100K I expect everything to work as intended. Thanks for the update. Please let us know when it is diagnosed (correctly) and repaired.

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Well, that is not what I had hoped to hear. It's not a big deal but for 100K I expect everything to work as intended. Thanks for the update. Please let us know when it is diagnosed (correctly) and repaired.
The flip side is that when you buy a $100k vehicle, it’s usually loaded with a crap-ton of complex features, making the likelihood of something not working that much greater.
My expectations are also high (nothing wrong with that), but I find it a lot less stressful to just to realize there will be glitches.

OP
OP

bertk5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning

I just did the most recent software update and nothing changed. I am going to follow up with the dealership during the week to see if they have heard anything on their end. I also, expect everything to work as it is intended to also, so this has been a frustrating process!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
None of the Ford designed screens are just perfect, but I have found that the "Calm" screen is my preferred screen most of the time. Are there other features on that screen you like if you don't want to watch the coach? Maybe try Calm or one of the others.

flrsb62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
None of the Ford designed screens are just perfect, but I have found that the "Calm" screen is my preferred screen most of the time. Are there other features on that screen you like if you don't want to watch the coach? Maybe try Calm or one of the others.
For me it's not that I want to watch, or even use the Coach. I expect it work. This world has become so accepting of mediocrity it is sad. Ford sold the vehicle a full price and I paid it. Now, give me what I paid for. I paid 100K because I wanted a "crap ton" of technology that worked as advertised.
This is just my opinion. Others are welcome to feel anyway they want. And settle for the same.
Sponsored