• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can I update to the Long Range Battery prior to my build date?

derm

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Sport 4x4; Ordered F-150 Lighting Larit
Let me clarify.
  1. I order a Lariat 510A package in January cause to get the long range battery (511A package) was an additional $9K+
  2. I now have a June build date and VIN# set.
  3. Can my dealer or I update the order to just include the upgraded battery and not the 511A Package?
Has anyone got the LR battery upgrade without the 511A package?

Plus: FYI: I think the heated steering wheel has been added back into my order - as the invoice no longer has the $140 credit. :p

derm.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lighting ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Once a VIN is assigned, you're past the point of making any changes.

And yes, they have added the heated steering wheel back on all builds starting 2/6.

OP
OP

derm

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F-150 Sport 4x4; Ordered F-150 Lighting Larit
(y)Thanks for the reply.
My dealer said after we get a date/vin we can do changes, but I agree that does not make sense. I don't think my dealer is the sharpest crayon in the box.

Would it have been possible at any time to get the long range battery without the $9k upgrade?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I think you're past the point of this major amendment, but as long as a window sticker has not been issued, they might be able to make a change, but you're going to pay for the upgrade in full to 511A, you can not piecemeal this feature, if they can make the change [510a to 511a}, your VIN will also change by a few characters.
Sponsored