• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

CarPlay Resize?

Octane

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Howdy

New guy here still figuring out this techno-truck. I bought the truck (‘23 Platinum) with 4.2.2.2 installed and see there is the feature to resize CarPlay. I‘ve tried everything… pinched, swiped, slapped it, flipped it, rubbed it down - oh no! I can’t figure out how to resize. Perhaps this isn’t for the larger screen trucks? Thoughts? Anyone have success?

Thanks
- Octane

Ford F-150 Lightning CarPlay Resize? IMG_0444

Ford F-150 Lightning CarPlay Resize? IMG_0445
Sponsored

Last edited:

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Howdy

New guy here still figuring out this techno-truck. I bought the truck (‘23 Platinum) with 4.2.2.2 installed and see there is the feature to resize CarPlay. I‘ve tried everything… pinched, swiped, slapped it, flipped it, rubbed it down - oh no! I can’t figure out how to resize. Perhaps this isn’t for the larger screen trucks? Thoughts? Anyone have success?

Thanks
- Octane
@Octane where did you see it? In articles/posts before you got truck or symbol on screen today.
you can edit your post and provide picture..

after truck originally shipped it was given an update that allowed the CarPlay screen to be resized.

after receiving the new interface with the 4.1.x update, that option is no longer available for my screen.

OP
OP
Octane

Octane

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Thanks for the quick response. Pics added to original post. So, in the truck / software update. This is the top and bottom of the message.

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
Thanks for the quick response. Pics added to original post. So, in the truck / software update. This is the top and bottom of the message.
@Octane

now adding the picture was helpful. Thanks.

I updated mine via FDRS, so I didn’t get that description.

i just assumed:
1) bad coding by ford (to be expected)
2) or they removed it since they assumed little tiles we’re enough.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Howdy

Thanks
- Octane

IMG_0444.jpeg

IMG_0445.jpeg
This has stumped me also, no ideas other than an implementation oversight by Ford. Let’s hope we can get it soon.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
This has stumped me also, no ideas other than an implication oversight by Ford. Let’s hope we can get it soon.
I'm pretty sure it worked before the UI redesign update. I could resize my Android Auto for a few days after an update, then got the new UI and I can't anymore.

ZSC100

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning SR EG 311A
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
CarPlay and AndroidAuto resolution/sizing issues have always been an issue for Sync4 not Sync4a to my knowledge. Getting rid of the cards on they Sync4 screen is what has been desired by so many.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
If you read the full power up it does state that the resizing was for pro/xlt small screen.

Android auto was changed also with that power up, the dumb nav screen stays on the top half and blank, can't get rid of it. Epic fail from ford.

Blochead21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 22 XLT 311pkg
Not sure what the issue is but I can resize mine. Should be a button with arrows above the clock area in the CarPlay window.

Ford F-150 Lightning CarPlay Resize? IMG_4772

OP
OP
Octane

Octane

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
If you read the full power up it does state that the resizing was for pro/xlt small screen.

Android auto was changed also with that power up, the dumb nav screen stays on the top half and blank, can't get rid of it. Epic fail from ford.

Thanks - new guy here. Where would I find the full power up? Thx !

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Fordpass has an update section that has the write up, should be the same as in the truck.
Ford F-150 Lightning CarPlay Resize? Screenshot_20230530_140434_com.ford.fordpass

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado
Occupation
Construction
Is there a way to get rid of the Ford info "cards" that take up the right side of the 12" screen?
Sponsored