• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Comma AI self driver assistant

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
Even with that connection you still have to 3D print. Ordering all new connections would allow a clean extended harness with no solder joints.
On the harness resistors...I watched the video and have seen mention of the resistors before. I assume they're there to prevent the reflections on CAN-FD...can you be more specific as to what size resistors they are and how they are connecting? Or if this is already described somewhere can you point me to that?

Thanks,
Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
On the harness resistors...I watched the video and have seen mention of the resistors before. I assume they're there to prevent the reflections on CAN-FD...can you be more specific as to what size resistors they are and how they are connecting? Or if this is already described somewhere can you point me to that?

Thanks,
I linked them in the video description. 62ohm resistors. You can solder them in permanently or use the bread board connectors to create a socket they plug into.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I linked them in the video description. 62ohm resistors. You can solder them in permanently or use the bread board connectors to create a socket they plug into.
What if we didn't have to cut the Q4 harness at all? Is it possible to create just an extension to the Molex and use a 24 conductor 24GA cable to get from the Q4 up to the mirror area? So a Molex receptacle to a Molex plug that would go into the Comma junction box that connects to the C3X.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Eng
What if we didn't have to cut the Q4 harness at all? Is it possible to create just an extension to the Molex and use a 24 conductor 24GA cable to get from the Q4 up to the mirror area? So a Molex receptacle to a Molex plug that would go into the Comma junction box that connects to the C3X.
that’s actually a great idea. I’ll see if I can locate a female socket.

FLSpartan04

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning XLT ER
I like this idea, as well! Would the resistors still be necessary?

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Eng
Here is the female socket, minimum order is 1,960. It's the same problem I had with the Ford connector. You can buy the plug but the socket has a minimum order that is prohibitively expensive.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/501645-2626?qs=OlC7AqGiEDnvWEDYx3YPeg==

Edit:

Looks like this variant is available:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Molex/503091-2621?qs=OlC7AqGiEDkAIGQFvezNCg==

It's a PCB connector, so I'll have to design a 3D printed housing around it. I've ordered 10 to play with.

Last edited:

RyZac

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ER Lariat w/Max Tow
Ordering Q4 harness tonight.

is either Drayday55 or Ajzride accepting ques to modify?
More than willing to pay someone if so or I'd have to watch Ajzride's video a few more times to get all the wire connections straightened out in my head. :)

OP
OP
Drayday55

Drayday55

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Contractor
Ordering Q4 harness tonight.

is either Drayday55 or Ajzride accepting ques to modify?
More than willing to pay someone if so or I'd have to watch Ajzride's video a few more times to get all the wire connections straightened out in my head. :)
Hit up Aj. If he is unable let me know.

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Eng
I was able to successfully make an extension harness that didn't require cutting the Comma harness. I'm going to try to get time to make a how-to video with shopping list this weekend.

RyZac

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 ER Lariat w/Max Tow
I was able to successfully make an extension harness that didn't require cutting the Comma harness. I'm going to try to get time to make a how-to video with shopping list this weekend.
Thanks for all your work, much appreciated
Sponsored