• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Concerns about your recently delivered Lightning?

OB121

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco Outerbanks Sasquatch, 2019 Expedition
I like everything so far on mine but the shifter has a little week feel to it and its not so smooth motion when going to storage position. Probably be ok but that’s my observation.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
My job is getting estimates to put in 6 chargers. What would you say bare minimum kWh charger should be? I can let him know.
Honestly I would push for 40A/240V chargers (9.6kw) . Those should cover just about any normal commute. If that is too much you could fall back to 32A/240V (7.6kW), but the price difference between the two is pretty small if the existing infrastrucure can handle the load.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Honestly I would push for 40A/240V chargers (9.6kw) . Those should cover just about any normal commute. If that is too much you could fall back to 32A/240V (7.6kW), but the price difference between the two is pretty small if the existing infrastrucure can handle the load.
Thanks I will push for that.
We only have 6 EV's now and hopefully my lightning will join them one day.
I am day 9 reservation holder..

Sponsored

Maximum Effort

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Self employed
I like everything so far on mine but the shifter has a little week feel to it and its not so smooth motion when going to storage position. Probably be ok but that’s my observation.
Mine is the same way in my 22 Powerboost. I have driven several F150s with the fold down shifter and they are all the same. Eventually I believe they will go to the knob like the other EV vehicles or touch screen selection. We truck people do not like change. lol

bp299

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2018 Raptor
Maybe these are possible or coming w/ software update but:

Would like the truck to keep the cabin at a set temp while at lunch, at a store, etc without having to remote start and extend for past the default of 15 mins.

Wish I could start the charging schedule to less than 100% at anytime. Currently only allows at 9PM in the Pass app.

Wish I could stream or mirror video to the info system while charging in the truck.

Would like to see % of battery, not just range on the main left gauge.

Noticed that after hanging up from a carplay call, center menu defaults back to main menu, not last selection that was there, i.e. this trip.

For powering a fridge w/ onboard generator I found this in the manual :

When you switch the power outlets on, the vehicle power down timer is disabled and the vehicle continues to be powered on.

It also says when the frunk is closed power is limited??

Does this mean if you want to leave a fridge powered on overnight, the truck stays on? Would like a camping type mode that will only use power for what is plugged in.

Sklith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance, Energica Ego
My job is getting estimates to put in 6 chargers. What would you say bare minimum kWh charger should be? I can let him know.
kWh is a unit of energy. You want kW which is power. I recommend anything 48A or more. On a 205V commercial power line that's at least 10kW.

The extended range Lightning can take 80A but that's fairly rare, and you won't typically find AC chargers with that kind of power anywhere except for Tesla destination chargers. I hope that will change, and Ford starts installing destination chargers of their own at hotels all over.

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
Maybe these are possible or coming w/ software update but:

Would like the truck to keep the cabin at a set temp while at lunch, at a store, etc without having to remote start and extend for past the default of 15 mins.

Wish I could start the charging schedule to less than 100% at anytime. Currently only allows at 9PM in the Pass app.

Wish I could stream or mirror video to the info system while charging in the truck.

Would like to see % of battery, not just range on the main left gauge.

Noticed that after hanging up from a carplay call, center menu defaults back to main menu, not last selection that was there, i.e. this trip.

For powering a fridge w/ onboard generator I found this in the manual :

When you switch the power outlets on, the vehicle power down timer is disabled and the vehicle continues to be powered on.

It also says when the frunk is closed power is limited??

Does this mean if you want to leave a fridge powered on overnight, the truck stays on? Would like a camping type mode that will only use power for what is plugged in.
The Out of Spec video referenced and this thread discussion may answer your last two questions……

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...ower-strip-charging-5-evs-at-same-time.10763/

bp299

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, 2018 Raptor
Recent weird issue-
plugged into my pro charger last night, as I do each night, and came out this morning and it hadn't started charging. Both blue lights were on but for some reason it didn't start charging until I woke up the truck? Charge log said it was plugged in at 8:27pm, but charging didn't start until 9:09am this morning. Good thing I had 61% when I plugged in last night and didn't have any long trips today.

Checked with Ford Customer Care and they are worthless right now-if you get someone at all-Each time I asked for the EV team, they'd transfer me to the end of call survey then disconnect.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Recent weird issue-
plugged into my pro charger last night, as I do each night, and came out this morning and it hadn't started charging. Both blue lights were on but for some reason it didn't start charging until I woke up the truck? Charge log said it was plugged in at 8:27pm, but charging didn't start until 9:09am this morning. Good thing I had 61% when I plugged in last night and didn't have any long trips today.

Checked with Ford Customer Care and they are worthless right now-if you get someone at all-Each time I asked for the EV team, they'd transfer me to the end of call survey then disconnect.
You think Ford is good enough to have logs like this uploaded automatically so they can find problems and fix them with a SW update?

2bacons

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat (Atlas Blue)
Mine is the same way in my 22 Powerboost. I have driven several F150s with the fold down shifter and they are all the same. Eventually I believe they will go to the knob like the other EV vehicles or touch screen selection. We truck people do not like change. lol
Yeah, I understand why they didn't move away from the shifter (truck people!) but after having had the knob in my Explorer for the last 3 years... it would make so much sense in the truck and you wouldn't have to fold a shifter down to use the work surface. Like you said, I am sure they will move there in the next gen trucks but it just makes so much sense I wish they would have just done it already. :)
Sponsored