• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
I placed an order for the BMS part for $20 with Tasca a few weeks ago and they just canceled my order and now it’s on sale for $57!
Now that is some shit! Found a listing on ebay from a parts seller in Florida for 33...guess they haven't gotten the memo on the price hikes yet!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
I placed an order for the BMS part for $20 with Tasca a few weeks ago and they just canceled my order and now it’s on sale for $57!
Well that's rude!

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
My dealer says Ford will not do this repair via mobile service.
Interesting conversation with my service advisor.

I requested a mobile service for the 23B57 and 23B70 CSP Requests via the app. No warnings on the dash, if not for the app suggesting this service you’d never know anything needed attention.

She said they needed the vehicle for several days. I told her I’d heard this repair takes about 30 minutes. I asked her if they’d provide a rental. She said I don’t need one since “you” said it should it should only take 30 minutes. Mmmmkay. Same service advisor who has not returned a single phone call and I have to stop by the dealership in person to get anything done.
I regret buying from my local dealer.
At any rate, service scheduled in a few weeks. Hoping it goes smoothly, but not expecting it to.

Last edited:

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT

I requested a mobile service for the 23B57 and 23B70 CSP Requests via the app. No warnings on the dash, if not for the app suggesting this service you’d never know anything needed attention.

She said they needed the vehicle for several days. I told her I’d heard this repair takes about 30 minutes. I asked her if they’d provide a rental. She said I don’t need one since “you” said it should it should only take 30 minutes. Mmmmkay. Same service advisor who has not returned a single phone call and I have to stop by the dealership in person to get anything done.
At any rate, service scheduled in a few weeks. Hoping it goes smoothly, but not expecting it to.
No real reason to beat around the bush, they are nothing short of lying straight to your face. Way too many of us have had it done via mobile service and my technician wasn't even at my house 30 minutes, much less working on the truck that much time. It was 10 minutes tops.

Sponsored

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes

Had the BMS replaced via mobile on Monday.
They also pushed the Tesla update.
Curious if this will increase the frequency of updates...or...not.

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Had the BMS replaced via mobile on Monday.
They also pushed the Tesla update.
Curious if this will increase the frequency of updates...or...not.
It's hard to tell.... I performed my own updates using the Mongoose and FDRS on December 30th 2023 and having my truck updated to the latest and greatest then I thought the opposite that maybe the truck wouldn't be eligible to receive the OTA updates....
Seeing all the difficulties encountered to implement the simple BMS device replacement, I bought my own device and replaced it by myself; now my LVB reports between 90 and 100% state of charge.....
Well, last week the OTA for the Ford Power-UP update with the Tesla Superchargers failed and reported "update not complete" in the vehicle status. The following day running some errands and coming back home I found that the OTA update was ready to install. I then executed the install now, everything worked fine and it reported "successful installation".
All of that to say, that at this point in time there is no way to tell if you are going to receive the next OTA updates or not and/or even when...
After I bought my truck in early November 2023, I only received one OTA going from 4.1.1 to 4.2.1 and then nothing.... I could see on this forum some owners with the latest big screen layout; this is why I decided to do the updates on my own through the FDRS system. There is plenty of useful information on this forum.
Today I'm glad to see that my truck can still receive the OTA updates....

Meanwhile, we are still enjoying our electric truck every day on various road trips; already approaching 5,900 miles on the odometer..... Happy trucking!!

VTHokies

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat
Had mine replaced this afternoon via mobile service, took about 5 minutes... my dealership was the one that brought up the mobile service as an option when I called.

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Going to replace the sensor next week with mobile service. I am hesitant on doing it because my OTA's have been rolling in like butter. For reference, my LVB is typically in the 90's. Lowest I have seen is 70s. If it aint broke, why fix it? Anyways, anything I should look out for? I've read stories about techs forgetting to reset the BMS, something the frunk re-learning the opening and closing.

Ford F-150 Lightning CSP-23B70 Certain 2022-23 F-150 Lightnings - BMS Sensor Replacement Screenshot 2024-03-08 224028

Last edited:

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Going to replace the sensor next week with mobile service. I am hesitant on doing it because my OTA's have been rolling in like butter. For reference, my LVB is typically in the 90's. Lowest I have seen is 70s. If it aint broke, why fix it? Anyways, anything I should look out for? I've read stories about techs forgetting to reset the BMS, something the frunk re-learning the opening and closing.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 224028.png
Even if the tech doesn't reset the BMS; the system will re-lean the battery status with time.... So I wouldn't worry too much about that, at the end of the day things will work out....
Happy trucking!!

Sponsored

mr.Magoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, AMB
I've read stories about techs forgetting to reset the BMS, something the frunk re-learning the opening and closing.
It's not as complicated as it may seem.

The BMS sensor is brand new, it's already "reset" and you need to close the frunk by hand after replacing the sensor (because the 12v battery was disconnected and it lost its "sense of direction"), that's it.

No gizmos, computers, calibration procedures or secret handshakes.

ryun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6, 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Got this taken care of almost a month ago and still have the notice for it in the app. I remember reading it could take awhile to clear though. Just weird because my other CSPs cleared right away.

roadhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER

Screenshot 2024-03-08 224028.png
This has no impact on the OTAs downloading. It only impacts you if you're getting "OTA failed to install" errors

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot

Hey looks like we got the same service advisor. lol I got the same answer when I asked about the mobile service. They said no but would give me an appointment in about a month. and would provide a loaner. well the day of my appointment came and I get a call saying that they would need to order the part and It would be another week and they would like to come out with their mobile service. The icing on the cake is, I went in there a week before my 10,000 service(tire rotation) and asked them to order the part so it could be done at that time. Yea they couldn't figure that out either......I'm still waiting.