• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cybertruck Prices and Trim

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
It’s ordered but that’s it. Within a day or two of getting my Lightning, my wife thought it makes sense to use our solar to power a vehicle. But she wasn’t ready to go full electric, so she got a plug-in hybrid. Maybe the CT will become my daily driver and the Lightning will become hers. It might also mean I have to say goodbye to a Bronco Wildtrak I got earlier this year though.
Sponsored

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
So - I guess I could make it real. Unfortunately I'm in too deep on the Lightning and have retrirement in my sites in a few years. If only I knew it wouldn't get destroyed on Turo.

Screenshot 2023-12-08 at 9.43.45 PM.png
I can justify 2x the cost of my Lightning but not 3. I have seen FOMO play out too many times with Tesla vehicles and stock. I am pretty confident I will be accepting delivery of an AWD CT that qualifies for the tax credit in 2024. In the interim I will continue to invest in the stock when the market gets stupid.

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
Are they really running through reservations that quickly? Yes I understand that the devotees post most often on the forums, but that’s a lot of reservations they’re going through based on their forum tracker. I’ve yet to see a conversion guesstimate, but it can’t be high with the 40k hike vs reveal for the founders editions.

OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Are they really running through reservations that quickly? Yes I understand that the devotees post most often on the forums, but that’s a lot of reservations they’re going through based on their forum tracker. I’ve yet to see a conversion guesstimate, but it can’t be high with the 40k hike vs reveal for the founders editions.
That’s the question. Apparently there were only 1k available. Maybe they will only build these for 2024 to milk as much profit as they can?

Sponsored

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
For the same reason the housing market is stagnant. Most purchasing vehicles are payment buyers and higher prices + financing rates make Foundation Series an impossibility for many. This is a polarizing vehicle and its buying pool is initially limited despite the # of reservations. $100 was not a serious commitment.

Last edited:

Randall Stephens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Jet Builder
For the same reason the housing market is stagnant. Most purchasing vehicles are payment buyers and higher prices + financing rates make Foundation Series an impossibility for many. This is a polarizing vehicle and its buying pool is initially limited despite the # of reservations. $100 was not a serious commitment.
I figure the fanaticism of some of the Tesla fans will carry sales for a while. Others like the lightning reservation holders can’t afford above the 40k mark promised. 60k is a lot of coin for most folks.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The entire addressable market for any luxury vehicle above $80K in the US is probably around 1 million vehicles per year. So CT might grow that market a little with new buyers, but there are not 200K+ people per year in the US who can afford such a price. Maybe if they open up international sales.

The Model X never got above 28K units per year. Model S around 90K. CT will probably cannibalize some S/X sales.

They'll never crack 200K units a year unless they can get the price below 65K for the long range model.

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
I figure the fanaticism of some of the Tesla fans will carry sales for a while. Others like the lightning reservation holders can’t afford above the 40k mark promised. 60k is a lot of coin for most folks.
Tesla is content selling CT at a mark up to wealthy or YOLO buyers. So much for rewarding the faithful or “accelerating the world’s transition to…. blah blah blah 😝”. It is prudent to wait and buy when your price target is hit. The CT is the real deal and the 4 years of development seems to be justified.

Ford F-150 Lightning Cybertruck Prices and Trim IMG_6727

luebri

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning (Lariat ER), 22' Pathfinder SL
The CT is the real deal

...if you do not need a full size crew cab 1/2 ton truck. If you need a really powerful mid size truck, then yes it looks amazing.

Regarding $$$. New vehicles all lose value immediately. It's a bad financial decision, I think most intelligent and honest people realize that, they just rationalize it in some manner.

***Points finger at guy in the mirror 🫵 🫵 🫵 🫵***

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Tesla is content selling CT at a mark up to wealthy or YOLO buyers. So much for rewarding the faithful or “accelerating the world’s transition to…. blah blah blah 😝”. It is prudent to wait and buy when your price target is hit. The CT is the real deal and the 4 years of development seems to be justified.

IMG_6727.jpeg
I’ve met Mark before and see some of his tweets. He isn’t wrong but there are a lot of people that make crazy money. They may pay cash for the truck. Many Plaid S’s were sold at that 120k level too. Yes, the buyers may never see close to their purchase price back out of the vehicle, but they don’t care about that anyway.

They live in a different world than most of us, but there may also be a few of them among us.

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
...if you do not need a full size crew cab 1/2 ton truck. If you need a really powerful mid size truck, then yes it looks amazing.

Regarding $$$. New vehicles all lose value immediately. It's a bad financial decision, I think most intelligent and honest people realize that, they just rationalize it in some manner.

***Points finger at guy in the mirror 🫵 🫵 🫵 🫵***
I should have prefaced it being a vehicle that ends up looking like the concept. What nobody expected was the innovation. Tesla could have put their current technology in it and shipped. What they did instead was very very hard. The CT price is the only deterring factor at the moment. I believe they are slowing ramping due to macroeconomics and not capacity. Elon is master marketer and "dug ourselves a grave" was the excuse to keep margins healthy. Most buying the CT will be new to trucks and its size despite shrinkage is still borderline too large.

Txxthie

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TM3 RWD LFP
I’ve met Mark before and see some of his tweets. He isn’t wrong but there are a lot of people that make crazy money. They may pay cash for the truck. Many Plaid S’s were sold at that 120k level too. Yes, the buyers may never see close to their purchase price back out of the vehicle, but they don’t care about that anyway.

They live in a different world than most of us, but there may also be a few of them among us.
Cool, he is one of the Tesla OG's. His early TM3 videos motivated me to purchase an early 2018 TM3. You are correct about crazy money, but I don't think they want another lessen of equity destruction via Tesla. Tesla vehicles were not supposed to lose money, that's what the leader said! Rich people don't like to lose money, Elon has pissed off a lot of them on X, and the macroeconomic environment is very different this time. Exciting times, I will wait for my email to purchase a AWD CT for $79,990. 👍.

Reactions: GDN
OP
OP
F150ROD

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I should have prefaced it being a vehicle that ends up looking like the concept. What nobody expected was the innovation. Tesla could have put their current technology in it and shipped. What they did instead was very very hard. The CT price is the only deterring factor at the moment. I believe they are slowing ramping due to macroeconomics and not capacity. Elon is master marketer and "dug ourselves a grave" was the excuse to keep margins healthy. Most buying the CT will be new to trucks and its size despite shrinkage is still borderline too large.
A lot will get rid of it quickly also. Some have never driven a truck and are believing the marketing that it will be a “sports car”.

Most will go back to a Y or X, once the novelty wears off or the Cars/Coffee crowd stops gathering around it.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I just don't get people getting a CT with a range extender unless you can load and unload it with a push of a button (I doubt it). A CT with a range extender is basically a less luxurious hard to park Lucid air and no longer a truck. Less utility than Lucid gravity and more expensive (if you are paying for a foundation beast CT with R.E.). If you really need serious towing you would be buying ICE. If you need range, you would be buying air or gravity.

Much of CT's impressive tech is to increase the profit margin and is of little to no consequence in an average owner's daily life (except rear wheel steering).

Our economy disproportionately rewards unproductive people. If someone bought $1000 ETH (Crypto) at $10 and Sold it at $4800, they could buy four Beast foundation edition CTs with that $1000 without breaking a sweat. There are a ton of folks that have done fairly well with similar speculations. Tesla will never have to sell a single CT to an average Joe. Ferrari doesn't.

Ford F-150 Lightning Cybertruck Prices and Trim 1702420506771
Sponsored