• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Cybertruck Quad-Motor & Crab Walk Steering announced

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
There is a huge plant near Corpus Christi going up to supply stainless steel for the Texas Giga Factory so I'd like to know if they don't use the metal for the truck they'd better start making high end busses.
Sponsored

Skylane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So long $39k truck. It's the ole Elon Bait n Switch. Nothing new..not surprising.

So 5 yrs from now perhaps maybe you can buy a $60k "truck" instead of the $39k truck you were promised in 2021...
Looks like they're in good company given Ford's bait'n'switch.

There isn't even an initial basic design form for the CT at this point. The prototype was a joke - the "exoskeleton" format and hard chines (sharp edges) with external stainless steel sheet construction wouldn't pass basic pedestrian safety standards in the EU or U.S.,
There are no pedestrian safety standards in the US. The Cybertruck is not designed for the EU market.

The aspirational range specs depended on a new battery format that hadn't even been designed, much lest tested or verified for reliability. Now both LG and Panasonic are reporting significant manufacturing and reliability issues with initial trials. In April Elon said that he hoped the battery design problems could be resolved and volume production initiated in the next 18 months.
Neither LG or Panasonic have reported anything of the sort. The estimate for in-house cells was 16 months from end of September 2020.

Both Tesla CT and Semi programs depend on the 4860 battery to get out of the box - so we are looking at a best case for the CT in 2023. I expect to be driving my Lightning for a couple years before having to decide whether to accept delivery of my CT reservation. Ford totally stole Tesla's thunder with its fast EV truck ramp - starting far later and getting a real deal truck out far sooner.
Semi specs were based on 2170 cell format. Hardly, given the difference in pre-orders, Ford has no meaningful production capacity in 2022.

Elon has admitted that to build the CT as envisioned at the intro would cost $1 million per copy. I am on my third Tesla, love the experience but there's a lot of PT Barnum in that guy. https://insideevs.com/news/525021/tesla-cybertruck-one-million-price/
That's not what he stated. He said building few at low volume would cost that much.

Rivian is only real competition for F150. Tesla Cybertruck is a monster truck contestant.
You do know it's the same size as the F-150 lightning right?

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER

There are no pedestrian safety standards in the US. The Cybertruck is not designed for the EU market.

Neither LG or Panasonic have reported anything of the sort. The estimate for in-house cells was 16 months from end of September 2020.

Semi specs were based on 2170 cell format. Hardly, given the difference in pre-orders, Ford has no meaningful production capacity in 2022.

That's not what he stated. He said building few at low volume would cost that much.

You joined the forum just so you could do this??? ?

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer

Elon?

Sponsored

gwrace14651

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Ford Excursion 4x4 PSD
Were still waiting for the consumer EV that everyone can afford. Cars priced in the 45-150K price point won't sell well to the general public. If Elon is a master at controlling the news media and driving demand for unavailable products.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Were still waiting for the consumer EV that everyone can afford. Cars priced in the 45-150K price point won't sell well to the general public. If Elon is a master at controlling the news media and driving demand for unavailable products.
The Chevy Bolt and Nissan Leaf were in this space.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired

Completely incorrect on every point. Every single point that I made and you attempt to refute is fully documented. I'm not going to do your research FOR you. The CT as shown in prototype is WAY bigger than the F-150. Both LG and Panasonic have said they cannot make the new format work in production. I'm not going through point by point, but every assertion is correct. Not built for EU? Bawahahaha. Every Tesla is an international vehicle, with more intended for overseas than U.S>. every one. Read a little.

Skylane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Completely incorrect on every point.
As the saying goes: you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

The CT as shown in prototype is WAY bigger than the F-150.
It's not:

Ford F-150 Lightning Cybertruck Quad-Motor & Crab Walk Steering announced cybertruck

Ford F-150 Lightning Cybertruck Quad-Motor & Crab Walk Steering announced -Tech-Specs-2.jpg.01764db85e71c4193374c536da0fcd32

Both LG and Panasonic have said they cannot make the new format work in production.
Is that why Panasonic is setting up pilot production lines? Not that it's really important given Tesla is also making their own.

https://electrek.co/2021/10/25/panasonic-unveils-tesla-4680-battery-cell-production-next-year/

Not built for EU? Bawahahaha. Every Tesla is an international vehicle, with more intended for overseas than U.S>. every one. Read a little.

Elon Musk: “We made the exec decision to not make a world truck, so it does not comply with a lot of EU spec and stuff. We can make a truck that does comply with the EU spec in the future, we are fundamentally making this truck as a North American ass-kicker."

I'm not going through point by point
Smart choice, stop whilst you are behind.

Sponsored

Skylane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
You do know it is bizarre design, lifted, giant tires all the monster truck attributes.
It's called an air suspension. Off-road tires exist, yes. It does indeed break the mold from the usual pick up truck shape not sure what that has to do with dimensions though.

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
The Riven has a 4.5' bed. Smaller than the Ranger and the same size as the new Maverick compact truck.

Skylane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
The Riven has a 4.5' bed. Smaller than the Ranger and the same size as the new Maverick compact truck.
Aside from the fact that is incorrect, what does it have to do with my post you quoted?

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I find it funny that "reveals" are coming with every delay they have. I am afraid this will be another of Elon's Grifts
Sponsored