• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Massive Tesla recall announced

OP
OP
WhipSticks

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
Tesla recalls more than 2 million vehicles over autopilot safety concerns.
The recall includes the 2012-2023 Model S, the 2016-2023 Model X, the 2017-2023 Model 3 and the 2020-2023 Model Y equipped with "Autosteer."

They flew too close to the sun...

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
PIF it's an over the air update.

And the "problem" is that there are too many idiots driving who don't pay enough attention when auto-pilot is on. The fix is to nag them harder.

Honestly, BlueCruise could probably use some improvement there. It requires serious attention to notice when it's going to drop out or require hands on. I like the GM solution of having lights in the steering wheel.

Last edited:

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
As with most Tesla recalls it won’t require any customer action.

I own 2 Teslas. In a few weeks i expect I will receive a notice that an update will be installed at 1am while I’m asleep in my bed.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired

And the "problem" is that there are too many idiots driving who don't pay enough attention when auto-pilot is on. The fix is to nag them harder.

Honestly, BlueCruise could probably use some improvement there. It requires serious attention to notice when it's going to drop out or require hands on. I like the GM solution of having lights in the steering wheel.
my solution.. NEVER use Blue Cruise. i have it disabled.

Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
The real question is going to be in the lawsuits that follow for functionality being taken away that people feel they have paid for. Nagging more isn't going to "fix" it as far as many customers are concerned.

lightspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The real question is going to be in the lawsuits that follow for functionality being taken away that people feel they have paid for. Nagging more isn't going to "fix" it as far as many customers are concerned.
The functionality is still there. Customers didn't ask for this. The corrupt NTSB did. There is nothing to be fixed.

Reactions: GDN

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
my solution.. NEVER use Blue Cruise. i have it disabled.
Same. Have the bluecruise cameras blocked as well. Don't like constantly being blasted with flashes of infrared light, makes filming and pictures annoying to take inside the vehicle. Also have the TCU disconnected unless attempting an update.

Joneii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla MY

Totally agree. The nanny state should stay out of it or require the recall of every older vehicle with non-adaptive cruise control. I mean idiots could set that and drive right into something when their attention gets diverted. There is no driver monitoring system, warning bell, whistle, light or seat vibrator. Holy crap, how did this tool ever pass scrutiny? Oh wait, that was when we still believed in personal responsibility and accountability.
Sponsored