• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

DC Fast Chargers not recognizing 320 mile range

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
Any elevation change? Also - is it dark in the morning and light at night? Headlights take power, but not that much.

For the precondition, are you setting a departure time, or just remote starting? That could be a big difference. If you are just remote starting, the energy use while it is sitting will be counted towards the trip and give you lower average economy.
Need to figure that out on elevation change. I believe there is a subtle elevation change, but not sure. Dark at morning and night. Yes, setting departure time for precondition and cabin temperature. Not remote starting.
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Need to figure that out on elevation change. I believe there is a subtle elevation change, but not sure. Dark at morning and night. Yes, setting departure time for precondition and cabin temperature. Not remote starting.
The map shows your elevation. I had no idea there was a 500ft difference in elevation between my home and work until I made a note shortly after getting the truck. I always take more energy to get home, even though it is warmer, due to the elevation change. Roughly 7% to get to work, 8-9% to get home.

biers

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf
We are going to see more and more of this as EVs expand to the general public. I'm super comfortable with only the SR because I came from a Model 3 and never used (or saw) the full 300 miles. We are getting to the point where new owners aren't EV enthusiasts or early adopters.
And I’m good with a SR because I came from an e-Golf!

bydabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lighting Lariat ER; Volvo S60 Recharge
The map shows your elevation. I had no idea there was a 500ft difference in elevation between my home and work until I made a note shortly after getting the truck. I always take more energy to get home, even though it is warmer, due to the elevation change. Roughly 7% to get to work, 8-9% to get home.
Work is -9 ft in elevation vs. home. There is a rise between home and work, but I have to go over that "hill" both ways.

USA EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Pro, 2015 FIAT 500e