• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Dear Ford_Military Recognition Program Complaint

kknoedle

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Sharing a letter I just sent to Ford over my recent '23 Lightning purchase.

Ford,

I recently purchased a new 2023 Ford Lightning Lariat (1FT6W1EVxxxxxxxxxx) and my dealer was all excited to offer me the Military Bonus Cash Incentive, which I had used in 2019 previously on a separate purchase. We were sadly disappointed when we found out there was some sort of change since 2019, as now the Ford Military Recognition Program is only available for service members whose separation date is 24 months or less. I was honorably discharged from the US Navy in 2002 and have served in Civil Service at the US Dept of State since, meaning I no longer qualified.

I am writing this letter first for the disappointment in Ford for making a change that does not honor any Veteran that has separated honorably from the US Military greater than 2 years prior. I am also writing this letter based on this incentive compared to Ford’s College Student Recognition Program #32282: $750 Exclusive Cash Reward. I see this and in my opinion it instantly signals where Ford places the value of US Veterans in comparison to College Students ($0 and $500 vs. $750). At min these should be on equal footing, at min.

I am also disappointed that Ford had made a stance that profits outweigh a minor discount to a Veteran, no matter their honorable discharge date.

Sincerely,

Karl K.

Emailed to: [email protected]

Mailed in writing to: Ford Motor Company, Customer Relationship Center, P.O. Box 6248, Dearborn, MI 48126
Sponsored

Toby57

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XL 101A
Occupation
retired
What do you expect to gain?
You got it in 2019.
I didn't get it on my 2018.
I got my honorable discharge in 1979 guess I didn't qualify.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes
What do you expect to gain?
You got it in 2019.
I didn't get it on my 2018.
I got my honorable discharge in 1979 guess I didn't qualify.
I suppose the $750 off.

brewski

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Platinum
Occupation
Yes

Ford,
I, too, was annoyed/disappointed when going through the wringer in the finance office and found this out.
I had to remind them I paid a deposit.
I asked about the military discount.
They didn't go into detail, but basically said, not on this vehicle.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
All Car manufacturers have gone to the 2 years rule. I also didn’t get it when I picked up my Lightning and was less than 2 years out. Lightning did not qualify

Sponsored

AK_Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 BMW X5
Occupation
Aviation Safety
All Car manufacturers have gone tit he 2 years rule. I also didn’t get it when I picked up my Lightning and was less than 2 years out. Lightning did not qualify
What? BMW has long offered very generous veteran discounts. Sad that an "American" company offers so little while a German brand offers so much. USAF 1993-2000

THE BMW MILITARY INCENTIVE

We offer $500-$5,000 toward a lease or new vehicle purchase for Active Duty, Retirees, Veterans, and Military Family Members. Confirm your status through ID.me to take advantage of your offer.

rg7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Strange. I've been out for 6 years and it worked for me in January.

Maineiac12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT 312A
To be fair, the military and college rebates have similar eligibility - currently serving (or in school) or within 2 years of discharge (or graduation). I agree that the dollar amounts should be the same, but Ford probably assumes students have less money than service members.

But the military discount works for active AND retired service members so the 2 year limits only apply if you served less than 20.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
What? BMW has long offered very generous veteran discounts. Sad that an "American" company offers so little while a German brand offers so much. USAF 1993-2000

THE BMW MILITARY INCENTIVE

We offer $500-$5,000 toward a lease or new vehicle purchase for Active Duty, Retirees, Veterans, and Military Family Members. Confirm your status through ID.me to take advantage of your offer.
Well then I stand corrected.

KevinTisdale1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
retired

Ford,

I recently purchased a new 2023 Ford Lightning Lariat (1FT6W1EVxxxxxxxxxx) and my dealer was all excited to offer me the Military Bonus Cash Incentive, which I had used in 2019 previously on a separate purchase. We were sadly disappointed when we found out there was some sort of change since 2019, as now the Ford Military Recognition Program is only available for service members whose separation date is 24 months or less. I was honorably discharged from the US Navy in 2002 and have served in Civil Service at the US Dept of State since, meaning I no longer qualified.

I am writing this letter first for the disappointment in Ford for making a change that does not honor any Veteran that has separated honorably from the US Military greater than 2 years prior. I am also writing this letter based on this incentive compared to Ford’s College Student Recognition Program #32282: $750 Exclusive Cash Reward. I see this and in my opinion it instantly signals where Ford places the value of US Veterans in comparison to College Students ($0 and $500 vs. $750). At min these should be on equal footing, at min.

I am also disappointed that Ford had made a stance that profits outweigh a minor discount to a Veteran, no matter their honorable discharge date.

Sincerely,

Karl K.

Emailed to: [email protected]

Mailed in writing to: Ford Motor Company, Customer Relationship Center, P.O. Box 6248, Dearborn, MI 48126
This is BS. I sued For the FCSP and the military discount they promised. They settled with one the FCSP but refused to settle on the military credit. They put it back to the dealer, Who IS NOT, the one who gave me the certificate. If they have a problem honoring the Military and First Responders. They shouldnt.offer the the promotion. It'd like there marketing wanted to.seem cool but shit.on a lot od us. URG!!!!

Sponsored

Acottrell

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat Iced Blue ER
I guess I take a different perspective on this. I myself am active military and will hit 20 years of service this summer. With the exception of drafted Vietnam vets, every veteran who is getting these discounts volunteered to serve.

I volunteered to join the military knowing I could be killed in combat and thankfully have not over seven deployments so far in my career. That is the risk anyone volunteering to join the military accepts whether the realize the gravity of their decision or not at the time of signing.

I just take the stance that I’m happy that I get any discount at all from any company that offers one. I never believe a company should be required to offer one, but I have decided on certain brands that do over others that don’t.

When I bought my 2022, Ford did not have a military discount but did offer them on the 2023’s that were on lots. Sure, sucks to miss out on saving a couple hundred bucks but I’m not going to get upset over it. Was able to get the dealership to include it anyway as part of their “dealer discount” to move the 2022. That’s just negotiating.

I don’t doubt this stance will upset some. While I realize that there is pride related to time served and hardships endured in the name of the United States, all of that was volunteered for. If the US government isn’t holding up their end of the bargain in health care / benefits, take that up with them. It’s not the duty of any private company to offer a military discount at all or to any veteran regardless of their time served or how long they’ve been out.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
I guess I take a different perspective on this. I myself am active military and will hit 20 years of service this summer. With the exception of drafted Vietnam vets, every veteran who is getting these discounts volunteered to serve.

I volunteered to join the military knowing I could be killed in combat and thankfully have not over seven deployments so far in my career. That is the risk anyone volunteering to join the military accepts whether the realize the gravity of their decision or not at the time of signing.

I just take the stance that I’m happy that I get any discount at all from any company that offers one. I never believe a company should be required to offer one, but I have decided on certain brands that do over others that don’t.

When I bought my 2022, Ford did not have a military discount but did offer them on the 2023’s that were on lots. Sure, sucks to miss out on saving a couple hundred bucks but I’m not going to get upset over it. Was able to get the dealership to include it anyway as part of their “dealer discount” to move the 2022. That’s just negotiating.

I don’t doubt this stance will upset some. While I realize that there is pride related to time served and hardships endured in the name of the United States, all of that was volunteered for. If the US government isn’t holding up their end of the bargain in health care / benefits, take that up with them. It’s not the duty of any private company to offer a military discount at all or to any veteran regardless of their time served or how long they’ve been out.
Well said. The same applies to the first responder discount that some rest give. I have been in the situation where some crew members have gotten the discount, but I have not. Even if I know that I should receive the discount, I don’t say anything since I feel it is a gift if the restaurant wants to give it.

As a veteran, I have also benefited from military discounts in the past. That Ford and other OEMs have changed their military discount programs is their choice, not ours. I am just thankful that I have been able to benefit from the military and/or first responder discounts over the years.

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
@Acottrell has a good outlook on this issue and I would’ve bought this truck with or without that benefit, however, I did find it a little off putting that KIA provided me with a $500 Veteran’s discount on my wife’s EV6 and FORD did not.

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Hyundai Ioniq 5, Audi Q5 Sportbak
Occupation
Pilot
I just purchased a 2023 Lightning Lariat and the dealer said that all I had to do was get the certificate by logging into Ford's veteran's page, and then IDme. I did both, and received the number for the discount. Nobody asked how long I had been out or any other questions. Maybe I snuck through?

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
They settled with one the FCSP but refused to settle on the military credit. They put it back to the dealer, Who IS NOT, the one who gave me the certificate. If they have a problem honoring the Military and First Responders. They shouldnt.offer the the promotion.
The dealer is an independent business that sold you the truck at their price and under their rules. Ford makes the rules on vehicles and customers that may qualify for various incentives. Whether or not the dealer honors the certificates Ford issues is up to the dealer. Another dealer may have offered you the credit. That's the way the exclusive franchise sales model works. I'm not a fan of it. But, that's the way it works when you buy vehicles from a manufacturer whose business model is governed by franchise agreements.

The FCSP was included as part of the various extended range battery packages that (manufacturer) Ford offered as part of the vehicle purchase. It shouldn't have required a lawsuit to enforce the Monroney law. Distributing the FCSPs was inconsistent and botched by supply chain problems, Ford, and their chosen partner, Sunrun. I'd be interested in the circumstances that led to legal action.
Sponsored