• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

RJL1400

First Name
Big Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
formerly had 2008 Toyota Tundra
Occupation
retired
i printed out the list from this thread.
if you're gonna do it... sketch a diagram(s) of the truck for yourself to mark locations of things you can find so you remember exactly where they were.
Great idea. thank you!
Sponsored

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Antimatter Blue F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Math
Can I hire one of you all to inspect my Platinum when it arrives?

F150Colo

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
If there is a better forum for this, please let me know.

Regarding delivery checklist....

My F150 Platinum w/ Powerboost engine was delivered and I went for a pre-signing test drive. Long story short... Despite the dealership doing a "pre-flight" check (I checked inside and outside the vehicle but didn't pop the hood) it turns out the engine coolant was not full and the vehicle overheated after about 4 miles. It happened rapidly with the temp jumping in 10 or 20 seconds from to 235 where the engine derated to 265 where I was able to pull over safely and shut off the engine.

Two things...
1) Suggest not just check the coolant level but letting the truck come to temp before leaving the lot. Maybe the reservoir was full but not the engine?
2) Anyone else ever experience this? Isn't the vehicle supposed to be full of fluids before it leaves the factory?

Regards

sysop

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150 Lariat 145 - 2022 F150 Lariat 157
Occupation
worker bee
I haven't yet taken delivery, but mine is at the dealer. I drive by often in my normal travels, and noticed it was delivered sometime Sunday afternoon while the dealer was closed. I stopped and did an initial walk-around.

When I looked inside the bed, laying in the bed floor was a loose bolt. It was one of the torx cap head bolts used for the tie downs and boxlink plates. I glanced around at the different points and didn't see any missing, but I picked the bolt up out of the bed and dropped it into my pocket in case I come across where it belongs at some point. Hopefully it was just a spare that dropped in at the factory and I'm missing none. I'll add more if I find there is more to add.

Sponsored

sysop

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
worker bee
Well, mine is a done deal. After giving it a full once over, I'm impressed. The build quality is much better than the previous generation. Neither my 2015 or 2020 doors close as effortlessly as this 2022. The e-coating on the frame, axles, and other underbody stuff appears to be a much higher quality material than used on the 13th generation, and the application of the coating is 1000% better than the the last gen.

Trying as hard as I could to find anything at all to complain about, the hood gap at the driver's side fender was slightly wider than on the passenger's side. Almost not visible except at the exact right angle under close comparison. You could feel the difference pretty easy when running a finger in the gap. Less than five minutes to adjust the top of the fender.

Only other complaint would be the fitment of the rear trim caps on the extended running boards. They fit a little loose. Dealer says 'that's just how they're made'.

UNIKRN150

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pinto SE 4x4
Simplify your "check list"...

Get the Primium Care ESP.

Throw your check list away, enjoy your new truck and if anything is wrong with it... it's NOT "your" problem for the next 7 years of 70K miles.

sysop

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
worker bee
You have to make an appointment for all that. Better to check it before signing because they'll typically bend over backwards to fix whatever it is immediately. I would have hated to schedule a fender adjustment that took less than 5 minutes to complete. Saved me a trip.

70Mach1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 on order
Similar to what some others have referenced. I posted this digital list last week. Should be able to bring it up on your phone at the dealership. Digital

Also referenced here with a PDF in case you’d like to print.
https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/what-to-look-for-on-delivery-inspection.1203/
This delivery check list is great! I am ordering a far though and will be having the truck shipped to me. Is it unreasonable to ask for the dealer to review the items on the list in addition to their normal PDI?

If it is and I have to limit my ask of them, what are the key areas I should focus on prior to signing?

Carphunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Stone Gray SCAB XLT 2.7 4x4
This delivery check list is great! I am ordering a far though and will be having the truck shipped to me. Is it unreasonable to ask for the dealer to review the items on the list in addition to their normal PDI?

If it is and I have to limit my ask of them, what are the key areas I should focus on prior to signing?
I can't see any dealer agreeing to do this.... something you'd almost have to someone else do at the dealer's place for you before it were shipped to you.

Sponsored

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum

Ultimately the warranty will cover things that fail so to me what's important is any damage, paint defects, etc. You want to make sure the dealer and the shipper both do a through walk through to insure if it does have damage they are not pointing the finger at each other and leaving you holding the bag.

Carphunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Stone Gray SCAB XLT 2.7 4x4
Ultimately the warranty will cover things that fail so to me what's important is any damage, paint defects, etc. You want to make sure the dealer and the shipper both do a through walk through to insure if it does have damage they are not pointing the finger at each other and leaving you holding the bag.
On that... my dealer said that unlike in the old days... when Ford would repair paint and other cosmetic issues that were found after the dealer took possession and vehicle was being sold to owner.... now, when the dealer signs for the vehicle as it comes off the truck... they are accepting the truck as it is for cosmetics... Ford's not on the hook.
If there's a problem... the dealer needs to resolve it (again.. not mechanicals... but paint, etc). And i'm sure the dealer is far less discerning than you will ever be about what comes off the delivery truck.
I had this explained to me when i did my walkthrough and talked to the salesman. My dealer says they are discussing my paint issues with Ford to try and get them to handle it... but i don't hold out much hope that stuff gets resolved...and i don't end up fixing it with a paint pen.

DANJENS

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford e350, Ford Fusion
Thank you for putting this list together. I have a question. I have ordered my MY22 with 7.2 kw generator. I know it says 240V for the larger plug. My question is for those of us who are not so handy. Do you have a recommendation on an easy way to check the 240v 30amp outlet that doesn't involve knowing how to use a multimeter or buying a special tool? I know I am more than likely to only use something like this when I get an RV (plans in the future) but I am not planning on using a welder any time soon. Thanks

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow Iconic Silver